Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free transfers from Dagenham or wherever take two minutes, trying to convince international players like Cadden that L1 Oxford is the place to be takes more time.

This time last year our great centre forward hope was a kid from Reading. This year it’s a Welsh international who has scored goals wherever he’s been and is among the very best strikers L1 will have to offer.
So are you in the know...have Cadden and Evans signed?

Or maybe it isn’t?

The stuff spouted on here is absolutely pathetic. Christ, maybe a couple of targets are becoming available. Maybe we won’t get them, but get a grip!

Findlay the lad were in for from Kilmarnock played and scored in the europa league tonight. Wonder if that means Kilmarnock are not thinking of selling the lad?

Amazing.

So it appears all we need to do is say that we’re targeting higher quality players to constitute a good transfer window. We don’t have to actually sign them. What a load of nonsense.

The transfer window can only be judged by those that we recruit and those that we keep. Everything else is irrelevant. The management’s job is to
get them to sign on the line which is dotted. As they say, coffee is for closers.

No one will be happier than me if those targets sign and I will lavish praise upon those that I currently question. Until then, they’ve got it all to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody has said that - we don’t even know who are targets, who we are talking to. Do you really think that there aren’t talks going on all the time?

We are stronger in many positions than we were this time last year.

Maybe leave it to the people who do this for a living rather than jump on the forum bashing bandwagon

All I’m referencing is the sentiment that we should be pleased that the players we’re linked with, Evans and Findlay for example, are of a higher quality than previous windows and that this in and of itself is a sign that this is a better window. Linked with, not signed.

Signed is the only word that matters.

All I’m referencing is the sentiment that we should be pleased that the players we’re linked with, Evans and Findlay for example, are of a higher quality than previous windows and that this in and of itself is a sign that this is a better window. Linked with, not signed.

Signed is the only word that matters.
I wouldn’t bother OxfordYankee. This forum is getting a tad aggressive towards anybody who even questions whether this transfer window has so far been anything less than perfect. Even when KR himself has echoed those frustrations during interviews. I’m still confident we’ll make signings - probably left field ones that nobody has even mentioned! Hopefully the majority will be permanent ones and not loans. But that’s all Im going to say on the subject, maybe it’s best if we all take a deep breath, remember we all support the same club, and see what transpires. It’s the cricket World Cup Final on Sunday - on free to view tv! That, for one thing, is a welcome distraction for me ?

I wouldn’t bother OxfordYankee. This forum is getting a tad aggressive towards anybody who even questions whether this transfer window has so far been anything less than perfect. Even when KR himself has echoed those frustrations during interviews. I’m still confident we’ll make signings - probably left field ones that nobody has even mentioned! Hopefully the majority will be permanent ones and not loans. But that’s all Im going to say on the subject, maybe it’s best if we all take a deep breath, remember we all support the same club, and see what transpires. It’s the cricket World Cup Final on Sunday - on free to view tv! That, for one thing, is a welcome distraction for me ?
I agree, it’s getting tiresome for all involved and from either side of the debate.

Time to sign off for a bit and not obstruct the positive bus!

I think it's a bit much to say that there is aggression in any view. There is frustration on one hand from those desperate to see new players in, and frustration from those who can maybe see that things will happen in time.

As one of the more positive posters, I've taken a step back because I feel that this is the time of year where every word on here gets pulled apart or over analysed.

But I'll give a little context to our dealings if it helps. We know that a central defender is one of the key positions to find. The club is targeting this position with as much of their budget as possible and are linked with a player who played and scored in Europe last night. However, they have also brought in Jon Guthrie who has done ok in preseason games and would be a decent squad player if needed. If it was just about getting signatures, we could have signed Guthrie already. But surely it's worth keeping all options open at this stage? The lad from Kilmarnock is match fit and wouldn't need much to adjust to the way we play. So we can afford to wait a few days if that's what it takes.

Ched Evans is also an established professional who will be completing his own preseason in terms of fitness. The deal would be complex, his wages will be high and he still attracts mixed views as seen on here. A half season loan with a view to sign in January is not impossible, but would maybe require agreement on possible fees wage sharing etc. So again this can take a few days longer to come together than other deals, but we would be getting someone capable of being Bazzers 20 goal a season man. We could have picked up the kid from Oxford City, or Henry bloody Landers, but why grab the first players that come available when there is so much better?

Of course, everything is speculation until we get the photoshoot in front of the training ground, but every team in the country still has business to do and things will happen in due course. Everything else is just forum guff from all involved (me included!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom