Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mackie played 36 games last season despite not really being fit for the first few games.
He is 33. I am no medical expert but cant see why he cant do that again this coming season?
If Hall is back up for Fosu and yet we need yet another left winger, I wonder why we re signed him?

Mackie was broken for most of the Christmas period but we had no other options...there is no way Mackie can pull off 36 games this season...he's already twinged his back.

Fosu can play behind the striker, Hall can play on the right also.

Would mean Fosu, Hall, Whyte, Frear(?) covering the wide positions...although Frear can play left wing back too

I hope someone from the Killie or Motherwell forums can cut and paste this.

"Oxford United are a big club and we'll snap our fingers when we want, just like we did when Marvin Johnson joined us. You're a small hamlet in and around Glasgow boys!" We're a big deal now.

Mackie played 36 games last season despite not really being fit for the first few games.
He is 33. I am no medical expert but cant see why he cant do that again this coming season?
If Hall is back up for Fosu and yet we need yet another left winger, I wonder why we re signed him?

We had Browne Graham & Garbutt on the left last season & KR says he’s looking for another, Hall prefers on the right more

So Tony McMahon is back at the club then. If he is sticking around I’d imagine that means we are no longer on the lookout for a new RB.

on the cadden move, is it still the case that the mls club he's suppposedly signing for have filled their foreign player quota for the season and that's the reason he's being loaned out, maybe to us? would this then rule out a fairly pointless 6 month loan?

Cheap, effective when fit, can play off both wings.

With all these jocks signing I just wonder if there’s a yellow and blue tartan we could adopt? Would look great on the mural. ?

I don't know what point you're trying to make here. If we're winning matches in Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec, that won't have a sudden impact on fan attendances in January, it'll be gradual, because fans aren't strung to windows like players are.

Who said it's a case of affording? With Cadden it isn't that, and if we have the money to spend on a centre back, then there's money in the pot for us to sign a striker on a temporary for a season.

But how many times on here have we signed a striker on loan for a season, only for posters to moan 'we're only going to lose them in January anyway', so I reckon there are a few who don't simply have a problem with loan lengths, but loans in general.

it was mentioned evans may be 6 months as we cannot afford his wages so how will we after that 6 months? that's what i referred too

i am defo one who dislikes loans in general and absolutely the modern loan where there is no intent/possibility to sign permenantly...most don't like or want the prem youngsters in the mickey mouse cup but clubs like ours are going to just be glorified feeder clubs taking never will be premiershi*e youngsters that we'll never afford due to the astonomical sums they are being paid.
as i've said previously it is not a sport and the heart has been ripped out of the game.if the future of the game really is filling squads with other clubs players then i don't see the point of it anymore.

it was mentioned evans may be 6 months as we cannot afford his wages so how will we after that 6 months? that's what i referred to
Thats nonsense I reckon. I can't believe that it is 6 months as we cant afford his wages. Somebody else suggested it was due to Evans why it is 6 months which is far more likely.

Mackie was broken for most of the Christmas period but we had no other options...there is no way Mackie can pull off 36 games this season...he's already twinged his back.

Fosu can play behind the striker, Hall can play on the right also.

Would mean Fosu, Hall, Whyte, Frear(?) covering the wide positions...although Frear can play left wing back too
Ok.you know far more about medical complaints than I do.
He has twinges his back but then Sykes has twinges his knee - these things happen in pre season.
Mackie is expected to play today or tomorrow. He has had a far better pre season than last season. I cant see why he cant play a similar number to last season.
I do accept though that I am no medical expert.

it was mentioned evans may be 6 months as we cannot afford his wages so how will we after that 6 months? that's what i referred too

i am defo one who dislikes loans in general and absolutely the modern loan where there is no intent/possibility to sign permenantly...most don't like or want the prem youngsters in the mickey mouse cup but clubs like ours are going to just be glorified feeder clubs taking never will be premiershi*e youngsters that we'll never afford due to the astonomical sums they are being paid.
as i've said previously it is not a sport and the heart has been ripped out of the game.if the future of the game really is filling squads with other clubs players then i don't see the point of it anymore.

Evans is still under contract so if we took him on a loan deal it would give us an opportunity to see how he fits in before committing to a deal. It has nothing to do with whether or not we can afford his wages!! 6 months would allow everyone to reassess in January and could result in him returning, a further loan, or a permanent deal.

Everyone gets worried about the length of a loan deal, but last year the same people were crying out to get rid of Sam Smith, Garbutt and Carrathurs! We can't have it both ways!!

As for us being feeder clubs etc, that has always been the case! Players move up the leagues, and others move down. We got Roofe because he hadn't the chance to succeed at West Brom, Ledson and Lundstrum, and now Brannagan.

The finances have changed, but the game is fundamentally the same and we all need to adapt our thinking and accept it for what it is.

Ok.you know far more about medical complaints than I do.
He has twinges his back but then Sykes has twinges his knee - these things happen in pre season.
Mackie is expected to play today or tomorrow. He has had a far better pre season than last season. I cant see why he cant play a similar number to last season.
I do accept though that I am no medical expert.

I’m no medical expert but I would be concerned if we were relying on Mackie for that many games!

I suppose with both Hall and Mackie, you have to hope for the best but plan for what might happen. The same with any player of course, but those two (along with the still-returning Baptiste) are probably more likely to miss games than others, new injuries to others notwithstanding.

Thats nonsense I reckon. I can't believe that it is 6 months as we cant afford his wages. Somebody else suggested it was due to Evans why it is 6 months which is far more likely.
I would like to know how Fleetwood manages his wages for a season

Showing my age but I'm fairly sure one of the Bay City Rollers wore a yellow and blue tartan.
If I'm correct maybe some of our fans could even dress like the band in their heyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom