Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Cadden, assuming it is a loan, and it runs to the end of our season then I'm happy with that. If it is to January only then no thanks. The only positive I could see to a 6 month loan is that it would give Lofthouse another 6 months to kick on with a chance to step up in January, although it could hold back Long.

Ched Evans on loan to January would be different as we would have a chance to make it permanent in January if it is a loan to January. Would on paper be a good signing.

I've just had a look at the Kilmarnock forum R.E Findlay and one if the posters on there made me chuckle.

"By talking about us and our player he is being disrespectful.

Real English club arrogance. Oxford United are nobodies but clearly think they can snap their fingers.

And someone needs to tell their manger 500k is not a lot of money, especially not for an under contract Scotland squad player who is destined for a much higher level than sodding Oxford."

Kilmarnock really think they are some massive club but in reality they are no bigger then the likes of Rochdale.

I've just had a look at the Kilmarnock forum R.E Findlay and one if the posters on there made me chuckle.

Real English club arrogance. Oxford United are nobodies but clearly think they can snap their fingers.

And someone needs to tell their manger 500k is not a lot of money, especially not for an under contract Scotland squad player who is destined for a much higher level than sodding Oxford."

Kilmarnock really think they are some massive club but in reality they are no bigger then the likes of Rochdale.

or us then

At least we will keep Cadden fit for his eventual move to the MLS. If that's actually the case and Columbus sign him, then the lad did turn us down and is using us - and Crew are using us, to keep their player fit. Good player he may be, not productive to OUFC if he cocks off in January. That's not building a squad. Sorry if that's negative - happy to delete my account though.............

Ched Evans - I'm quite excited about. But again a six month loan? Beggers can't be choosers, eh?

The CB from Scotland, fair play, big money but it's been put out in the media once more and that isn't good for OUFC. Thankfully, it appears we have back-up options which is reassuring.

Super.

yours
Kip
We should move on from Cadden if we made an offer and he said no to move to the MLS but they will loan him to us until there season starts, then no thanks we have enough midfielders so we don’t need a loan for that position

They’re not even that big

let's hope the fans don't view it that way or the stands will be empty until jan.:)

I don't know what point you're trying to make here. If we're winning matches in Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec, that won't have a sudden impact on fan attendances in January, it'll be gradual, because fans aren't strung to windows like players are.

We are a club aspiring to reach the championship, if it's a case of we can only afford them for 6 months then how do we afford beyond that? if it's what the player prefers then look elsewhere...all this rebuilding every 6/12 months is partly down to why we've struggled for 2 seasons.

Who said it's a case of affording? With Cadden it isn't that, and if we have the money to spend on a centre back, then there's money in the pot for us to sign a striker on a temporary for a season.

But how many times on here have we signed a striker on loan for a season, only for posters to moan 'we're only going to lose them in January anyway', so I reckon there are a few who don't simply have a problem with loan lengths, but loans in general.

Well, that’s not true is it? They finished high in their league, they have a better ground and bigger gates than Rochdale, and they play higher class opposition. This anti Scottish stuff is getting quite ignorant

Well, that’s not true is it? They finished high in their league, they have a better ground and bigger gates than Rochdale, and they play higher class opposition. This anti Scottish stuff is getting quite ignorant
Also bear in mind that we don't want to sell Whyte for £2 million this summer, despite that being towards the top end of transfer fees for targets in League One.

Elliott Frear is on trial and might feature this evening. Offered a new deal (apparently on reduced terms) at Motherwell but turned it down. Winger who plays on the left.

Elliott Frear is on trial and might feature this evening. Offered a new deal (apparently on reduced terms) at Motherwell but turned it down. Winger who plays on the left.

It was suggested a Motherwell trial player and Cadden signing...

I'm not sure why we need a left winger?
Fosu and Hall?

I'm not sure why we need a left winger?
Fosu and Hall?

How long will Hall last? As with mackie, don't think we can expect 20+ games

EDIT: played 41% of last seasons minutes at left wing back...another like Cadden who didnt have the best season but was very prudctive the season before

Last edited:
Luton flew out on their pre-season tour this morning. Without a certain Mr Hylton. He's not injured so..? Rumour has it he wants to stay in the south. The length of a potential deal might be problematic though. Interesting.

Who says he didn’t go on the tour? Source?

How long will Hall last? As with mackie, don't think we can expect 20+ games
Mackie played 36 games last season despite not really being fit for the first few games.
He is 33. I am no medical expert but cant see why he cant do that again this coming season?
If Hall is back up for Fosu and yet we need yet another left winger, I wonder why we re signed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom