Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just states the obvious...
Yes you’re right. I thought I’d take the time to cut and paste it for that reason and the fact that I’ve seen him get things right for several years is just an aside.

It's interesting have a look at a supposed list of Free Agent Strikers - there are some lads who have experience in League 1 who I wonder if might be keen to have a second chance. Names include:

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (last club QPR and loaned out to a Thai club)
Max Clayton (last at Blackpool)
Rakish Bingham (last at Cheltenham)
David Ball (last at Rotherham)

It seems to me that if Mackie is going to be injured and at best, a bench player, one of these kinds of lads is the back up striker/CF we must be needing.

It's interesting have a look at a supposed list of Free Agent Strikers - there are some lads who have experience in League 1 who I wonder if might be keen to have a second chance. Names include:

It seems to me that if Mackie is going to be injured and at best, a bench player, one of these kinds of lads is the back up striker/CF we must be needing.
I hate to say it but I think you might be right about Mackie. A week into preseason and he’s already struggling with his back and unavailable for a game. As much as I love his personality I reckon we’ll do well to get 20 appearances out of him this season. As you say, probably two strikers needed - an experienced one and maybe a young loanee as back-up. The same required at CB as well.

I hate to say it but I think you might be right about Mackie. A week into preseason and he’s already struggling with his back and unavailable for a game. As much as I love his personality I reckon we’ll do well to get 20 appearances out of him this season. As you say, probably two strikers needed - an experienced one and maybe a young loanee as back-up. The same required at CB as well.

If 20 appearances is the max, then we need 3 striking options - an experience, a loanee and a wildcard on the cheap.

None are them are good enough. Emmanuel Thomas is at that thai club permanently.

If that fee is true then we really have got money to spend...

Firstly, I have no idea of this guy is worth half a million pounds.

Secondly, that's a real "0 to 100" stance from the club. It poses so many questions, like, where has the money come from (i.e. Tiger or ET or a sale?) and was it offered to say Nelson and why spend 500k on one, when we could be 2x 250k options?

Not sure the move for Findlay being in the paper is a good thing. Seems to be a common theme with our targets that their agents leak the deal to the paper to try and gain more interest. Let’s hope we see the klaxon soon...

Not sure the move for Findlay being in the paper is a good thing. Seems to be a common theme with our targets that their agents leak the deal to the paper to try and gain more interest. Let’s hope we see the klaxon soon...
I does seem to happen a lot when dealing with Scottish clubs. Didn’t the same thing happen when we signed Marvin Johnson with McGee using every opportunity up to the last minute to pimp him around to try and up his fee?

We might have tricked Cadden into the team mini bus, locked the doors and drove him down.

Findlay ?

Firstly, I have no idea of this guy is worth half a million
Kilmarnock fans seem to think he's worth closer to 1mil, contract runs until 2021. Looks like he'd be a brilliant signing but I'd be amazed if we got him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom