Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet another oxford fail nothing story...2 offers made but were they accepted, little point meeting a player if the bid is not accepted

yet another oxford fail nothing story...2 offers made but were they accepted, little point meeting a player if the bid is not accepted

Maybe the players KR met weren’t the ones he offered on?

If he can meet with them, does that mean they are out of contract?

But in that regard there is no point in any of this and we should just open a thread once each player signs!

We can only talk to contracted players if approved by the club, and that would normally be only after an offer has been accepted. If they are out of contract then we can talk to who we want.

So, if offers have been made then they have very likely been accepted or it doesn't matter!

I’m glad we are looking at permanent deals for strikers. The last two years have been complete failure in terms of attracting young strikers on long term contracts. I’d rather us take the time to seal quality strikers on permanents than have a repeat of this farce next season which is what will happen if we get loan signings. I’ll be considering my season ticket if we get can’t seal permanent deals this time around.

then the story should be 2 bids accepted and Robbo went to meet one of the players...."Offers" could just as easily be for loan players it's lazy journalism imho

Zzzzzzzzzz

To me, it sounds like we are half hearted about our recruitment with these "key" signings. I understand that agents have a lot more power these days, however, the club need someone to go out to these players and make them want to come. Yes - money talks in the end, however, players must still want to feel "wanted" and convinced that moving to the club will boost their career.
If we are failing to recruit on the basis of wages, then we either need to convince players in other ways (i.e. bonuses) or concentrate even more on recruitment from the lower leagues/Ireland/Scandanavia etc.

What does it matter who KR speaks to, All that actually matters is who signs. So how many of us are going to stop supporting OUFC just because we don’t sign expensive superstars? I will tell you, none of us. We are a mid table 3rd division club all though some seem to think we are much bigger than that. Ok that is the aim, but we ain’t there yet. Personally the time to worry and panic is when mid table 3rd division standard players start rejecting us. Certainly not when much higher standard players choose wealthier clubs than ours. In KR I trust.

Well you
then the story should be 2 bids accepted and Robbo went to meet one of the players...."Offers" could just as easily be for loan players it's lazy journalism imho
Well you really need to stop assuming here and actually take a look at the article as it clearly states within the first 3 paragraphs that money has been placed on the table for 2 players.

‘I’m meeting a striker on the way home tonight to have a conversation and see where their head is.’

Based on KR’s comment we can narrow it down to the striker being based in the following part of the country.

I reckon we can narrow it down to off the M6 corridor.

Players such as Tyrese Campbell, Tyler Walker, Sam Surridge all on loan last year and performed well.

If we get a permanent along with one on loan we should be all good up top

Throwing a name out there. Josh Magennis, Robinson had him at Charlton currently at Bolton who are selling players really cheap.

Throwing a name out there. Josh Magennis, Robinson had him at Charlton currently at Bolton who are selling players really cheap.

Unless we’ve had bids accepted then we can’t talk to players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom