Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some yes, but also down to losing the best keeper in the league, nelson, Holmes, caruthers. Sinclair the player u desperately want in early so he gets time to gel, came in jan with no time to gel at all and fitted in instantly, as did kashi
Unfortunately @Dave T can we afford to wait until January or are we after a repeat of last season?

Unfortunately @Dave T can we afford to wait until January or are we after a repeat of last season?

Last season, we didn't have a settled left-back, right-back, holding midfielder, right winger or left winger.

We had a settled goalkeeper, but lost him after Game #1.

We didn't have a permanent training premises.

It's already not a repeat of last season.

You really are spoiling all the fun.
Last season, we didn't have a settled left-back, right-back, holding midfielder, right winger or left winger.

No no, it’s exactly the same, and so we will have exactly the same results. It’s the only possible scenario...

Not on those aspects but a complete team no, ok no doubt there will be still another 4 weeks.

Yes Eastwoods injury was bad timing, we had a left back Luke Garbutt, we had a holding midfielder Jamie Hanson. We had Gabon Whyte who is a good winger we had Marcus Brown who is a winger, But alas Luke Garbutt wasn’t a left back Jamie Hanson Playing Right back, reality?
Won’t talk about the waste of wages in Carruthers and Holmes. And as for Smith!
We obviously trained so that can’t be an excuse, so the recruitment last season at the start was not retry poor, we know what we need at least 1 CB and 2 strikers but the later the close season goes on the less likely of getting quality and then we’re back to the situation of last season

Not on those aspects but a complete team no, ok no doubt there will be still another 4 weeks.

Yes Eastwoods injury was bad timing, we had a left back Luke Garbutt, we had a holding midfielder Jamie Hanson. We had Gabon Whyte who is a good winger we had Marcus Brown who is a winger, But alas Luke Garbutt wasn’t a left back Jamie Hanson Playing Right back, reality?
Won’t talk about the waste of wages in Carruthers and Holmes. And as for Smith!
We obviously trained so that can’t be an excuse, so the recruitment last season at the start was not retry poor, we know what we need at least 1 CB and 2 strikers but the later the close season goes on the less likely of getting quality and then we’re back to the situation of last season

You talk of Garbutt, Hanson, Whyte and Browne as filling the positions I mentioned. These were all mid/late summer additions, which is what you are stressing over.

This season we have Long, Ruffels, Gorrin, Hall, Whyte, and Fosu all settled in those positions with a full pre-season under their belt. Which wasn't the case last season.

There were issues with recruitment last summer, and everyone and their dog recognises that.

HOWEVER, we could have picked up Sam Smith on the 1st June and he still wouldn't have made it. He had a decent pre-season at Reading and could have done the same here, and still not settled in the league. Obika (goal machine) had a good pre-season but was not good enough once the real games kicked in.

Carrathurs and Hall both had full pre-seasons, both looked good before breaking down and hardly playing again.

Holmes looked pretty good in his first few games, albeit with some cameo appearances. All the experts hoped his back op would give him 30+ games in a season.

As for the squad gelling, we probably had the best team spirit since our promotion from league 2. It is easy to be together when winning, but the fact that the squad stayed so close throughout the problems on and off the pitch is remarkable.

So far, we have the core of a decent league 1 side. We have picked up 2 permanent signings who are young and likely to increase as saleable assets for the future. We've picked up 3 promising youngsters to add to the u23's and push for first team chances. We've only lost Nelson who we knew about despite being told that Whyte, Brannagan and Dickie would be off and Mrs Eastwood was selling the family furniture!!

We're in a decent position, and I have confidence that we'll be looking even better in the next week or so.

There were issues with recruitment last summer, and everyone and their dog recognises that.

HOWEVER, we could have picked up Sam Smith on the 1st June and he still wouldn't have made it. He had a decent pre-season at Reading and could have done the same here, and still not settled in the league. Obika (goal machine) had a good pre-season but was not good enough once the real games kicked in.

Carrathurs and Hall both had full pre-seasons, both looked good before breaking down and hardly playing again.

Holmes looked pretty good in his first few games, albeit with some cameo appearances. All the experts hoped his back op would give him 30+ games in a season.

As for the squad gelling, we probably had the best team spirit since our promotion from league 2. It is easy to be together when winning, but the fact that the squad stayed so close throughout the problems on and off the pitch is remarkable.

So far, we have the core of a decent league 1 side. We have picked up 2 permanent signings who are young and likely to increase as saleable assets for the future. We've picked up 3 promising youngsters to add to the u23's and push for first team chances. We've only lost Nelson who we knew about despite being told that Whyte, Brannagan and Dickie would be off and Mrs Eastwood was selling the family furniture!!

We're in a decent position, and I have confidence that we'll be looking even better in the next week or so.
Just need goal scorers and a decent defender

get along to some U18 & U23 OUFC matches this season @bazzer9461 .... theres a few who know where the goal is and how to score in both ;)
Yes I have seen your reports, to far for me to travel to jockland and back in the same day ( health reasons ) but will start with the obligatory OCFC V OUFC Tuesday night

All this speculation is making us all nervous! I suggest we all wait until something does happen? Otherwise we will lose a number of Supporters with Heart attacks.
Await some news then we can all relax enjoy the sunshine and the friendlies!

All this speculation is making us all nervous! I suggest we all wait until something does happen? Otherwise we will lose a number of Supporters with Heart attacks.
A sensible person would think like that.

Do you mean... we should enjoy 'other hobbies'?

Unfortunately, I live in Wimbledon. I'm trying to ignore other sport as much as humanely possible right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom