Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, weird how pretty much every signing is mentioned on here before confirmation then? Bloody good guess work?

Pretty much every signing ? Hardly !

Nelson, Kashi, Dickie, Henry, Rothwell, Garbutt, Lundstram, Roofe .... I could literally go on all night of names that had never ever been mentioned on here. Robbo has let a few cats out of the bag in the past but that’s just him. You’ve got it the wrong way around, pretty much every signing is never mentioned and occasionally from somewhere a name gets out.

Reel me off a quick 25 names that this forum has been in the know about and I’ll reel you off a far quicker 125 names that no one ever had a clue about. All those obscurities Wilder signed I don’t think he’d had heard of dozens of them let alone a random fan !

If you look at his Wikipedia page then he was twice offered 3 year contracts that were terminated in the first year and almost all of his appearances in English football are sub appearances.Thought he was good when Luton played us though.

I think you make a fair point, and that is coming from someone who doesn't like the "ITK" style posts.
Clearly this is an area that a lot of us disagree on, and I think it may stem from what different people may deem "quality" information. Personally I would never share anything, unless I could adequately source it, and and am extremely sceptical of others posting rumours without a source.
Saying that, you are right, this is a rumours thread, and by definition the threshold for justifying information is low. Otherwise it would be a facts and not rumours thread! So perhaps those of us who do give the "ITK" posters a hard time are being unfair.

On the flip side, perhaps the ITK posters need to be a little less defensive if they are questioned about their rumours and we might all get along better.;)

We could have a ITK facts post and a separate ITK honour no facts post, this way people choose whether to read one or the other or both.

Do you want to hear rumours and the stuff that doesn't get published or not? If you do, shut up. If you dont, this isnt the thread for you.

I have ITK stuff I'd love to share but I cant because a/ I wont get told stuff anymore, b/ people round here get arsey when you know stuff they dont.

Make your choice

You are then probably correct in keeping stum about being ITK.

Nelson, Kashi, Dickie, Henry, Rothwell, Garbutt, Lundstram, Roofe .... I could literally go on all night of names that had never ever been mentioned on here. Robbo has let a few cats out of the bag in the past but that’s just him. You’ve got it the wrong way around, pretty much every signing is never mentioned and occasionally from somewhere a name gets out.

Reel me off a quick 25 names that this forum has been in the know about and I’ll reel you off a far quicker 125 names that no one ever had a clue about. All those obscurities Wilder signed I don’t think he’d had heard of dozens of them let alone a random fan !

Nelson, Kashi, Henry, Garbutt and Lunny were though? And under the current regime most have been. People know stuff, so tiresome that those that don’t can’t get it in their head.

Guy Assulin, came through at Barca played for Brighton on loan from Man City many years ago, only 28

I heard we’re looking at a striker from the England Ladies squad. Affordable wages apparently and Karl is convinced she’d get permission to play.

Ben Turner? turned down offer to stay at Mansfield. left footed centre back. Linked with us or Pompey apparently (can't reveal my source) ((OK, I read it on the internet thingy))

Edit: hope nothing in it, just read he got fined for racially abusing another player. can't see KR going for that

Last edited:

You are wrong, there has been plenty of info floating about for years, going back to the wilder days when "certain people" were close to the club before they moved on up north, as Ryan said there has also been people working at the club who couldn't wait to pass on snippets of info, players, staff had all got people they like to tell.
At the moment they are trying very hard to keep all the info on prospective players quiet, I would think only 4 or 5 people would know inside our club, but that's not going to stop any info coming out from the players side or club, football at this level is a small community and with agents, journos always sniffing around, very rarely does a player appear that hasn't been mentioned or is known to be on their way.
The thing is and this is really the crux of the matter, until the paperwork is signed the rumours are all talk that can change in an instant so people can put a rumour out there which is genuine, but it might never come to fruition because the player/agent fancies somewhere else or the deal gets hijacked, football is a shitty business behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom