Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just done a quick comparison of where we stand today with where we were 365 days ago, in regards to recognised first-team players. Italicised players are/were expected to leave before the start of the season.

20th June 2018:

Simon Eastwood
Scott Shearer
Canice Carroll
Fiacre Kelleher
Robert Dickie
Charlie Raglan
Sam Long
Josh Ruffels
Cameron Norman
John Mousinho
Curtis Nelson
Shandon Baptiste
Cameron Brannagan
Robert Hall
James Henry
Malachi Napa
Ivo Pękalski
Joe Rothwell

Jonathan Obika

20th June 2019:

Simon Eastwood
Jack Stevens
Robert Dickie
Sam Long
Josh Ruffels
Kevin Berkoe
Tony McMahon
John Mousinho
Curtis Nelson
Nico Jones
Jamie Hanson
Shandon Baptiste
Cameron Brannagan
Mark Sykes
Robert Hall
James Henry
Malachi Napa
Gavin Whyte
Jamie Mackie

Baptiste and Long are more established in the first team now (though Napa less so)

This time round, Whyte, Sykes, Mackie and Hanson get the benefit of a full pre-season with us.

That doesn't look too threadbare compared to last season. Even just 4/5 loans will give us a good first team.

we are not going to be in the market for a £1million+ striker in Marquis ? (in this league) even with a few billionaire directors on the board,

But I do think we need investment on a decent striker this summer (£500k accepted by Plymouth for Freddie Ladapo, good investment) from Sunderland & Portsmouth but Pompey pulled out with his wage demands, that being an example

I've just done a quick comparison of where we stand today with where we were 365 days ago, in regards to recognised first-team players. Italicised players are/were expected to leave before the start of the season.

20th June 2018:

Simon Eastwood
Scott Shearer
Canice Carroll
Fiacre Kelleher
Robert Dickie
Charlie Raglan
Sam Long
Josh Ruffels
Cameron Norman
John Mousinho
Curtis Nelson
Shandon Baptiste
Cameron Brannagan
Robert Hall
James Henry
Malachi Napa
Ivo Pękalski
Joe Rothwell

Jonathan Obika

20th June 2019:

Simon Eastwood
Jack Stevens
Robert Dickie
Sam Long
Josh Ruffels
Kevin Berkoe
Tony McMahon
John Mousinho ???
Curtis Nelson
Nico Jones
Jamie Hanson
Shandon Baptiste
Cameron Brannagan
Mark Sykes
Robert Hall
James Henry
Malachi Napa
Gavin Whyte
Jamie Mackie

Baptiste and Long are more established in the first team now (though Napa less so)

This time round, Whyte, Sykes, Mackie and Hanson get the benefit of a full pre-season with us.

That doesn't look too threadbare compared to last season. Even just 4/5 loans will give us a good first team.

3 in Bold in expect they’ll be in the U23s

3 in Red i expect to leave this summer but 50/50 on Mousinho plans

Napa pretty much has to be in the 1st team squad plans otherwise I reckon he'll be gone next summer. I reckon Berkoe is Ruffels back up and if his brief performances last season are anything to go by then Nico Jones will at the least be in and out of the 1st team squad. Remember KR is happen to use young players as he has proved with us and his previous clubs.

20th June 2018:

Simon Eastwood
Scott Shearer
Canice Carroll
Fiacre Kelleher

Robert Dickie
Charlie Raglan
Sam Long
Josh Ruffels
Cameron Norman
John Mousinho
Curtis Nelson
Shandon Baptiste
Cameron Brannagan
Robert Hall
James Henry
Malachi Napa
Ivo Pękalski
Joe Rothwell

Jonathan Obika

20th June 2019:

Simon Eastwood
Jack Stevens
Robert Dickie
Sam Long
Josh Ruffels
Kevin Berkoe
Tony McMahon
John Mousinho
Curtis Nelson
Nico Jones
Jamie Hanson
Shandon Baptiste
Cameron Brannagan
Mark Sykes
Robert Hall
James Henry
Malachi Napa
Gavin Whyte
Jamie Mackie

That's fine (I already did part of that myself).

Apply the same logic to last year's squad, which I just added myself, and we're still looking better than last year.

Napa pretty much has to be in the 1st team squad plans otherwise I reckon he'll be gone next summer. I reckon Berkoe is Ruffels back up and if his brief performances last season are anything to go by then Nico Jones will at the least be in and out of the 1st team squad. Remember KR is happen to use young players as he has proved with us and his previous clubs.

Agree what your saying but I think they’ll be playing a lot more in the under 23s & then being on the fringes of the first team, I don’t see Napa being involved a lot in the 18 squad unless he has a impressive pre season & KR still looking for 2 wingers to bring in so he’ll be 5th choice at the least

Agree what your saying but I think they’ll be playing a lot more in the under 23s & then being on the fringes of the first team, I don’t see Napa being involved a lot in the 18 squad unless he has a impressive pre season & KR still looking for 2 wingers to bring in so he’ll be 5th choice at the least

I agree that they won't be regulars unless Nico Jones quickly shows his undoubted potential or there are injuries which gives them a chance but I can see them getting chances on the bench (Berkoe can cover both full back positions for instance). Likewise Napa has to impress early I think, again unless injuries give him that chance and he impresses.

Although I hope these players get a chance in the Abomination Trophy.

Lol. Its looking increasingly likely we'll have zero new first team players when training resumes.

6d018ed51a263a66f063a29e17c0a013.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom