Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that players will trickle in over the coming 2 weeks. But why oh why cant we be as other clubs, I understand not all, but clubs that see it as common sense to get business done before pre-season training begins. Everyone then starts at the same level, getting to know each other as a unit.
I would suspect that over the top 92 clubs the majority have made very few signings.

Always said I wouldn't keep checking my phone for news this summer but EVERY SUMMER I fall into the same trap ?
Got the club's Twitter feed notifications on,have sworn at my phone a few times this week ???

Could it be that we are leaving it so long to save money on wages? Just throwing it out there.

Maybe it's because we only want to sign players with at least three R's in their name and part-pay them with grapefruit?

Go on then...

If we're looking at players such as Ched Evans, we should also be looking at players like Sinclair as they'll both be on fairly similar wages.

I would love to see that calibre of player at the club, but we cannot compete with clubs these players end up at. By rights, with millionaires and billionaires on the board we should but, as it stands the club is a toy, to use as a brand.
Would love to be proved wrong, but summer 19 is mirroring summer 18.

Getting back to the subject of bringing in top players...!!?

We couldn’t afford him, and at 27 he is likely looking for the big wage but John Marquis would be that striker... proven at this level, fits our system and he scored 21 goals last season.
We bought a player of his quality, at least we would know that we are going for it.
Why on earth would he come to us? Really that would be a step down for him, from a club who finished higher and have bigger gates

Sounds like Pompey are being linked with everyone

It is the media/clickbait silly season. Read the BBC gossip page which summarises media from all over, the contradictions on various players are fantastic; and Real Madrid will be able to field about 10 1st teams and would be screwed up with the financial rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom