Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not on big money at Cov. I think he’s a good keeper.

Unimpressed when I've seen him and the comments I remember from Coventry supporters were generally about him being a liability who seemed to have a major error in him every time he played.

Frankly if we lost Eastwood, I'd rather we went for Aaron Ramsdale or Luke Southwood.

Unimpressed when I've seen him and the comments I remember from Coventry supporters were generally about him being a liability who seemed to have a major error in him every time he played.

Frankly if we lost Eastwood, I'd rather we went for Aaron Ramsdale or Luke Southwood.
Is Vivienne Westwood any good? (she could also design the kit)

Ramsdale no chance! Bournemouth want him top end of championship or they will keep him as 2nd choice if a good enough club dont make an offer.

If we were in need of a keeper i would choose from:

Tomas Holy
Christy Pym
Jay Lynch
Aaron Chapman

That holy all 6,9 of him rumours of Ipswich being interested in him

I would like Grimmer as a RB I think long has been brilliant since being in the team but just lacks pace and Quality of delivery

Tshimanga would be a risk but worth taking still Need a proven goalscorer at this level for me

Sam Long and certain others have done a superb job, he for example, deservedly got a contract. However, if this club is serious about progressing, we need a quality right back. Sam offers us great value as a squad player-cum-first teamer and can play across the back - especially as Raglan and Keheller have gone and Nels likely to depart.

If we don't get a right back in, then I'll be flabbergasted.

And to think I got slated for suggesting this, and not knowing anything about football!

Freddie Ladapo must be name we would be looking at. And if he isn't he's the kind of guy that we should be. I guess the only question is what kind of wages he would want.

at least he's settled in the area.
Tshimanga Sinclair Mackie. would that be enough?

Personally I don’t see enough goals in that front 3 Sinclair did well for us but only 4 goals in 16 apps & Mackie 5 goals in 42 apps we need a massive improvement

I think signing Tshimanga would be decent but as back up/2nd choice as there’s a massive jump being 3 divisions apart, there needs to be a decent investment on getting a first choice striker who can get u at least 15 goals a season (the likes of McNulty or Ladapo)

Ladapo is s**t. Hope we are aiming higher. Tshimanga definitely a risk worth taking.
Regardless of ability he was out clubbing the night before a massive game for Plymouth during their run in, that alone would make me stay well clear. Tshimanga like you say is well worth the risk, all you need is one in every 5/6 out of these lower league gems to hit the ground running and you can make massive profit.

There are a lot of Non Lge gems ? that can do a job in the football Lge and go further, the trick is finding them. Three that come to mind are Vardy, Phillips, and Austin as strikers. Tshimanga has been binned by KR before, what’s different now.... I’ve never seen City Play so I can answer, what’s his movement like finishing, and pace like?

Like I said before it would be a risk albeit low in wages, but we do need a recognised striker that we know will do a job.

There are a lot of Non Lge gems ? that can do a job in the football Lge and go further, the trick is finding them. Three that come to mind are Vardy, Phillips, and Austin as strikers. Tshimanga has been binned by KR before, what’s different now.... I’ve never seen City Play so I can answer, what’s his movement like finishing, and pace like?

Like I said before it would be a risk albeit low in wages, but we do need a recognised striker that we know will do a job.

A lot of gems out there? You mention 3 - Phillips got plucked out of non-League obscurity a quarter of a century ago! The game has moved on.

I would suggest EPL academies provide a lot more fruitful harvesting: Lundstram, Ledson & Brannagan are 3 that come to mind and are actually relevant.

Personally I don’t see enough goals in that front 3 Sinclair did well for us but only 4 goals in 16 apps & Mackie 5 goals in 42 apps we need a massive improvement

I think signing Tshimanga would be decent but as back up/2nd choice as there’s a massive jump being 3 divisions apart, there needs to be a decent investment on getting a first choice striker who can get u at least 15 goals a season (the likes of McNulty or Ladapo)

Tbf to Sinclair, his strike rate is decent enough when you compare it against actual minutes played rather than appearances when he actually only made 10 starts (got taken off in 6 of them) and 6 sub appearances. He scored 4 goals in 942 minutes which works out as a goal every 236 minutes or every 2.62 games. And with KR's coaching he looked more dangerous over time in front of goal and with further pre-season coaching and more in the season, coupled with more 1st team games, I reckon he his strike rate with improve considerably. Bear in mind he didn't score until the 6th game he was involved in.

Mackie's rate, based on 28 starts (subbed off in 16) and 14 comin on as a sub, was a goal every 523 minutes or 1 goal every 5.81 games. Of course it took him a while to get going due to injuries/getting fit etc. But I think his strike rate will improve somewhat, although not massively, if he stays fit and KR can continue using him as he did at the end of this season.

To compare their stats against the 15 leading scorers in the league:

Collins (Luton) - Played 3738 mins; Scored 25 = A goal every 150 mins or 1.66 games

Marquis (Doncaster) - Played 4131 mins; Scored 22 = A goal every 188 mins or 2.08 games

Taylor (Charlton) - Played 3846 mins; Scored 22 = A goal every 175 mins or 1.94 games

Eaves (Gillingham) - Played 3368 mins; Scored 21 = A goal every 160 mins or 1.78 games

Henderson (Rochdale) - Played 3991; Scored 20 = A goal every 200 mins or 2.22 games

Ladapo (Plymouth) - Played 3712 mins; Scored 18 = A goal every 206 mins or 2.29 games

Moore (Barnsley) - Played 2339 mins; Scored 17 = A goal every 138 mins or 1.53 games

Evans (Fleetwood) - Played 3238 mins; Scored 17 = A goal every 191 mins or 2.12 games

Toney (Peterborough) - Played 3047 mins; Scored 16 = A goal every 190 mins or 2.12 games

Clarke-Harris (Bristol R/Coventry) - Played 3103 mins; Scored 16 = A goal every 194 mins or 2.16 games

Woodrow (Barnsley) - Played 2455 mins; Scored 16 = A goal every 154 mins or 1.71 games

Cox (Southend) - Played 3675 mins; Scored 15 = A goal every 245 mins or 2.72 games

Madden (Fleetwood) - Played 3536 mins; Scored 15 = A goal every 236 or 2.62 games

Lowe (Pompey) - Played 4048 mins; Scored 15 = A goal every 270 mins or 3.00 games

Maja (Sunderland) - Played 1771; Scored 15 = A goal every 118 mins or 1.31 games

Based on the above it wouldn't be a stretch to suggest with a bit of improvement that Sinclair could be pushing the top 10 in terms of the strike rate and I think the more he plays, the better he will get over time.

As an aside, you can see the impact losing Maja had on Sunderland.

All stats are from Soccerway.

Regardless of ability he was out clubbing the night before a massive game for Plymouth during their run in, that alone would make me stay well clear.
He has also been at 15 different clubs over the last eight years and in all that time managed three decent goal scoring periods: at Grays and Margate in non-league and 18 in his 45 games at Plymouth. Seems to me that those facts (never mind his night club antics) mean we are unlikely to want to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom