Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but Swansea have released a clutch of young professionals - partly due to financial uncertainty.

A few stand out due to the positions they play:

Aaron Lewis RB - recently on loan at Doncaster Rovers and apparently did well there. Wales U21 (20 y.o.)
Tyler Reid RB (21 y.o.)
Jack Withers CB - 6’ 4” signed from non-league Boston and was rated highly there. (19 y.o.)
Ryan Blair DM - been on loan at Dunfermline, Falkirk before that. Described as someone who keeps play ticking over, wins the ball and sets up counter attacks (23 y.o.)
Adam King Winger - was on loan at Peterborough in 2018 but got injured without playing. Was a Scotland U21 international (23 y.o.)
could be some potential there

This guy works for Barnet and a journalist for BBC Devon.
Intriguing that KR has already, in this lads career, praised his talents, sent him on loan to every point on the compass, released him, declined the opportunity to sign him and now, is rumoured to be taking him on.

Can only hope that Tshimanga has now improved to manage League 1 standards. Certainly, 24 goals in 42 appearances for City shows some potential.

at least he's settled in the area.
Tshimanga Sinclair Mackie. would that be enough?

No, we would need one more, Jonte Smith came here on his goal scoring record and now gone after 6 months, by all means bring Tshimanga in but another striker with pedigree would also be more than welcome

No, we would need one more, Jonte Smith came here on his goal scoring record and now gone after 6 months, by all means bring Tshimanga in but another striker with pedigree would also be more than welcome
Smith's record was no where near as good he had 13 in the league below Oxford City

I’m all for fishing in Non Lge waters, but like @Bazzer says we need someone proven if we are to push on. The weight of expectations on a Non Lge signing delivering the goods, might be too much of a responsibility.

But proven goal scorers come at a cost whether its the fee or wages.

Sam Szmodics
Chucks Aneke

Both of them are worth a punt

Last edited:
I’m all for fishing in Non Lge waters, but like @Bazzer says we need someone proven if we are to push on. The weight of expectations on a Non Lge signing delivering the goods, might be too much of a responsibility.

But proven goal scorers come at a cost whether its the fee or wages.

Sam Szmodics
Chucks Aneke

Both of them are worth a punt

Szmodics appears to be going to Bristol City

One I thought might be interesting as a winger is Lloyd Isgrove, released by Barnsley. Full Welsh international 2 years ago

Will KR try for Nicky Maynard again with Bury's problems and what would people think? Would Maynard even consider it?

Szmodics appears to be going to Bristol City

One I thought might be interesting as a winger is Lloyd Isgrove, released by Barnsley. Full Welsh international 2 years ago

Has he had bad injury problems or something? According to wiki he's only made around 60 appearances and he's 26!

Has he had bad injury problems or something? According to wiki he's only made around 60 appearances and he's 26!
Not this season just been at the 2 clubs with 2 quality wingers ahead of him. Went out on loan to Pompey and was kept out the side by Ronan Curtis and Jamal Lowe

If the struggles of the last two seasons have taught us anything, it's that we NEED four in a squad who can play up front, even if one of those four mainly doubles in a different role. Napa may be one of the four. Further support then would come from the youth team.

With a bench of 7, we need the capacity to play one, two or three forwards as the game situation dictates, and a bit of coverage for when one of the four is out-of-form, suspended or heaven forfend, injured.

We simply MUST learn the lessons of having only Smith, Obika and Mackie to lead the line in the first half of last season.

Having a look through the retained lists, there are a number of good players out of contract this summer.

Personally, I would like to sign Lloyd Isgrove, just released from Barnsley. He is a player who had great potential at a young age and it hasn't quite taken off for him yet. I think he would be a decent signing and needs to play some regular football.

Will Keane has been released by Hull. Another player who needs to kick start his career, although I imagine he would still be of interest to Championship clubs, or clubs up north.

Max Clayton is a striker who's record does not look good - but there is definitely a player in there. However, we can not risk going into a season with a striker with a poor record.

If we were to get a big bid for Eastwood, Lee Burge is available from Coventry. I've always liked him as a keeper. Possible number 2 - or would that be a waste of a budget?

Ryan Tunnicliffe has been released by Milwall. I think he has a bit of a bad attitude, but would definitely add some bite into midfield.

Marc McNulty would be a good signing for us.

I’d take Grimmer as a RB too

Having a look through the retained lists, there are a number of good players out of contract this summer.

Personally, I would like to sign Lloyd Isgrove, just released from Barnsley. He is a player who had great potential at a young age and it hasn't quite taken off for him yet. I think he would be a decent signing and needs to play some regular football.

Will Keane has been released by Hull. Another player who needs to kick start his career, although I imagine he would still be of interest to Championship clubs, or clubs up north.

Max Clayton is a striker who's record does not look good - but there is definitely a player in there. However, we can not risk going into a season with a striker with a poor record.

If we were to get a big bid for Eastwood, Lee Burge is available from Coventry. I've always liked him as a keeper. Possible number 2 - or would that be a waste of a budget?

Ryan Tunnicliffe has been released by Milwall. I think he has a bit of a bad attitude, but would definitely add some bite into midfield.

Lee Burge is turd so no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom