Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope James Henry is part of our squad for next season. His goals were key last season and if last season demonstrated anything that we need options so as to rest players/have options off the bench.

Also, one thing that Gavin Whyte has shown is that Mark Sykes is unlikely to be playing every game.

I think Henry has an important part to play, but come the end of next season what do we do?

Offer a new contract or sign a replacement like we do with other players.

My point being if an offer is made this summer do we:

- take the money with Henry having 1 year remaining
- leaves on a free next summer
- offer a new contract (probably quite expensive) next summer
- offer a contract now (will probably want security - 2/3 year contract)

Dickie and Beevers ?
One of the funniest chant I ever heard at the Manor was an Oldham (I think) player called Beevers who got considerable abuse from the LRT for his surname. NSFW to repeat the chant though

My point being if an offer is made this summer do we:

- take the money with Henry having 1 year remaining
- leaves on a free next summer
- offer a new contract (probably quite expensive) next summer
- offer a contract now (will probably want security - 2/3 year contract)

Offer a new contract next summer if we want to keep him or a 1 year extension to his current contract now. If he doesn't want to sign then replace him next summer.

Seems to often be playing in struggling sides (including us of course).

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but Swansea have released a clutch of young professionals - partly due to financial uncertainty.

A few stand out due to the positions they play:

Aaron Lewis RB - recently on loan at Doncaster Rovers and apparently did well there. Wales U21 (20 y.o.)
Tyler Reid RB (21 y.o.)
Jack Withers CB - 6’ 4” signed from non-league Boston and was rated highly there. (19 y.o.)
Ryan Blair DM - been on loan at Dunfermline, Falkirk before that. Described as someone who keeps play ticking over, wins the ball and sets up counter attacks (23 y.o.)
Adam King Winger - was on loan at Peterborough in 2018 but got injured without playing. Was a Scotland U21 international (23 y.o.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom