Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list of players that I think we could potentially get and would improve the squad.

RB - Facey (Northampton)
RB - Grimmer (Coventry)
LB - Golbourne (Shrewsbury)
CB - Tilt (Blackpool)
CB - Wright (Sheff Utd)
CM - Kasha (loan)
CM Forster-Casky (Charlton)
WM - Graham (loan)
WM - Carey (Plymouth)
AM - Fosu (Charlton)
CF - Hylton (Luton)
CF - Sinclair (loan)

Tilt, Carey, Fosu and Hylton won’t come here

Here is a list of players that I think we could potentially get and would improve the squad.

RB - Facey (Northampton)
RB - Grimmer (Coventry)
LB - Golbourne (Shrewsbury)
CB - Tilt (Blackpool)
CB - Wright (Sheff Utd)
CM - Kasha (loan)
CM Forster-Casky (Charlton)
WM - Graham (loan)
WM - Carey (Plymouth)
AM - Fosu (Charlton)
CF - Hylton (Luton)
CF - Sinclair (loan)
don't think Northampton fans rate Facey that much, saying that plenty players fit better at some clubs than others. they thought Roofe was sh#te and look how that turned out.
Tilt been mentioned few times on here and sounds promising and the two Charlton ones KR would know about.
would love to see Hylton back. many questioned whether he could hack it in lge 1 and he's proved he can

CB Patrick Bauer (OOC Charlton)
CB Max Ehmer (OOC Gillingham)
CF- Sorensen (Loan)
CF - Chuks Aneke (OOC MK Dons)

Paul Caddis
can play rb or lb and midfield as well. one of the better players in a poor Bradford team

Tilt, Carey, Fosu and Hylton won’t come here
Hmmm.. if we do go in for this fella I hope we make sure there’s a thorough medical. My suspicions are that he has one leg shorter than the other...

Anyone else feel like Robbo has said that about Browne to keep the fans who are saying he won't be here next season so why bother with him, quiet?

I few I would consider. Tshimanga is a bit of a gamble.

Cox? 32 this month, where would you play him? As a lone striker? Plus he’s an ex scummer on both sides ?
If we are aiming for L1 stability maybe able to be a squad player at best I’d say.

Pep completely broke the model, dragging in a bunch of journeymen, mates and never-weres. There's been some recovery, sure but based on KR's two transfer windows we're papering cracks with tinsel rather than building saleable talent. Maybe it will be corrected in the summer. Maybe the owner doesn't share the Ashton (for it was he, I opine) vision and has other plans for the club?
Maybe the clubs higher up just got too wise to it though - possibly wanting more of the wages paid and not so eager to let young players go on a free and be signed for £3m a year later. Lots of other clubs must have seen our model and tried to replicate it, except with more clout to offer a bigger part of wages and so we don't ever get the targets. The pep players are no more, we have moved on, and have on paper a team who should be challenging. But when teams go up, there is a complete shake up and not many teams made up of experienced veterans will get to play them in the Championship. Players are all short term assets - Hylton would be perfect. Almost a journeyman and now SO proven at L1 but probably accepts that he is a L1 player and wouldn't expect to play too much next year unless he moves on. Too much is made of U23 signings (the reserves) and many don't get a game in the firsts. I would rather invest on the scouting side, which seems poor now since they were snatchd by LUFC. If the 18s are showing promise, then keep them together as a team. Have them train with the firsts, and in 3 years we have a Man Utd style academy who surely can get us up, just through having played week in week out for 3 or 4 years. There aren't many "teams" who play well as a team in L1, and those that do are streets ahead in the table. (LCFC the best example of this in recent memory of course)

Last edited:
Beckford is out of contract. Would people take him or is 1 ex prem veteran striker enough?

Mark Sykes confirmed on Radox that OUFC are still looking at the Irish leagues, and are asking him and Gavin their opinions of the young talent there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom