Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. He's playing 'forgetful caveman II' in Mike Newell's remake of One Million Years B.C. I can't wait to see it, with Dame Accolade* in the Raquel Welch role and John Hannah in the lead male role.

* so-called Dame Judi Dench CH, DBE, FRSA (and bar)

“N.Irish.
Caolan Marron-Defender-Glenavon 20
Jimmy Callacher- CB -Linfield but is 27 now will get player of the year.
Kofi Balmer- CB, RB ,CDM - Ballymena, I watch him every week only 18 captain of N.I under 21 and has played over 50 first team matches for Ballymena but imo too slow on the ball for English football.

Personally I would love to see Callacher in England not only to weaken Linfield but I believe he could make it easy, He gets on to the end of every set piece he leaps like Ronaldo cant stop him.”

Some options from Northern Ireland

My suggestions:

RB Callum Brittain MKDons
RB Tom James Yeovil
RB Jordan Clarke Scunthorpe
RB Ryan Jackson Colchester
LB Harry Pickering Crewe
LB Dan Butler Newport
LB Jordan Cranston Morecambe
LB Mel Benning Mansfield
RW Dan Powell Northampton
LW Chris Hamilton Mansfield
ST Ollie Palmer Crawley
ST Paul McCallum Eastleigh

Last edited:
Just seen that Charlton’s stand out player from Friday, Joe Aribo, was signed from Staines Town four years ago. There’s definitely still gems down in lower league football, I hope we’re casting our net down there or, at least, have scouts down there taking a good look.

Charlton have a decent recruitment strategy...picking up london based players from lower league or those that are released from Prem/Championship clubs...offer lots of playing time then move on.

Bielik is one of the best defensive midfielders in the league along with Cullen, Bauer will probably move on to the Championship in the summer, they've sold Grant, Taylor is very good for League 1 and Aribo is obviously a big talent.

If we were to do similar it would at least prevent players back up north (Ledson, Rothwell, Lundstram).

Charlton have a decent recruitment strategy...picking up london based players from lower league or those that are released from Prem/Championship clubs...offer lots of playing time then move on.

Bielik is one of the best defensive midfielders in the league along with Cullen, Bauer will probably move on to the Championship in the summer, they've sold Grant, Taylor is very good for League 1 and Aribo is obviously a big talent.

If we were to do similar it would at least prevent players back up north (Ledson, Rothwell, Lundstram).
Charlton have a good squad - they still have Forster-Caskey out injured - and think they could survive in the Championship without too many additions. We’re close enough to London to start really tapping into the market that has helped the likes of Charlton and Brentford.

My suggestions:

RB Tom James Yeovil
LB Henry Pickering Crewe
LB Dan Butler Newport
LB Mel Benning Mansfield
ST Ollie Palmer Crawley
hope you are suggesting those full backs as cover, as I would say Long & Ruffels are far better.
got couple of mates who support Northampton town and say Powell has been poor in a bang average team and can't wait to see the back of him.
no disrespect but don't think many of those stand out, but could be wrong

hope you are suggesting those full backs as cover, as I would say Long & Ruffels are far better.
got couple of mates who support Northampton town and say Powell has been poor in a bang average team and can't wait to see the back of him.
no disrespect but don't think many of those stand out, but could be wrong

Harry Pickering by far the best on that list. No chance of getting him unless we parted with some serious money. He is a big talent (along with a few others in that Crewe side). Would be elated if we got anywhere near signing him

Harry Pickering by far the best on that list. No chance of getting him unless we parted with some serious money. He is a big talent (along with a few others in that Crewe side). Would be elated if we got anywhere near signing him
better than Ruffels? full backs a tough one to fill. do you spend money to have decent cover or just have adequate back up. can't see our Josh wanting to bench warm now, especially after this season

Last edited:
better tha Ruffels? full backs a tough one to fill. do you spend money to have decent cover or just have adequate back up. can't see our Josh wanting to bench warm now, especially after this season

Depends what you want from your full back. Pickering is one of the most creative players in the league (from LB!) and is only just 20.

My suggestions:

RB Tom James Yeovil
LB Henry Pickering Crewe
LB Dan Butler Newport
LB Mel Benning Mansfield
ST Ollie Palmer Crawley

Definite no on Ollie Palmer and Paul McCallum for me.

Tbf, those northern players did well for us and then made us a nice profit. I would be very happy if we carried on signing northern players like that, adding on to another in Cameron Brannagan.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Enobakhare from Wolves, currently on loan at Coventry, is probably the best player I’ve seen all season in L1. At their place the other week he didn’t lose possession once, and today he’s scored one and made one up at Sunderland. Wiki lists him as a forward but he’s a centre midfield player. If he’s gone on loan in L1 this season (also went to Kilmarnock in Scotland previously) then I’d love us to enquire about taking him next season. I know CM is probably the position we’re best stocked and covered in, but he looks a real player.

I’m personally not blown away with the idea of Browne staying in any form. He’s been actively poor since Christmas and seems to have a questionable temperament. He’s got numerous bookings this season through petulance and kicking out at people when he’s frustrated, and even though it looked perhaps a touch unlucky at Walsall, a red had been coming for him eventually. He’d already booted the ball away twice in that match and gotten away with it, and that sort of sulky and stroppy behaviour has been too common in him too often. He’s had a handful of really good games and got a few goals early on, but he really needs to sort his head out and stop losing it whenever things aren’t going for him. As it stands you’re lucky to get one good game out of half a dozen from him. He might learn, obviously, and he does have talent when he’s with it, but given we’re going to be tightening up and need the success rate with signings to be much higher, he would be an enormous risk. If it were even possible.

Totally agree with this post. Looked amazing against us and I also saw him run the game when Gillingham played Coventry-should definitely try and sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom