Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness though, this clip of Tshimanga’s highlights from last season is worth a watch. He seems to have more about him than the likes of Hoban and possibly Hemings in recent seasons although I accept it’s a lower level of football. Appears strong with bags of pace and an eye for goal though, that’s a few boxes for a striker ticked!

Are they likely to be able to offer a better financial package? it seems to be a little like Groundhog day.
I.e. wanting early signings then nothing for weeks, before the now infamous incoming of KR's croc army.

With the players back for pre-season training in a few weeks, surely to god we've to start making inroads into the 7/8 replacement players we need to bring in.
Unbelievable comment.
Are you this negative in real life?
If you support the club did you see the January transfer window as opposed to the August one last season?
Sykes, Sinclair, Graham, Kashi. Ah I get it KR 's croc army, of course.

In all seriousness though, this clip of Tshimanga’s highlights from last season is worth a watch. He seems to have more about him than the likes of Hoban and possibly Hemings in recent seasons although I accept it’s a lower level of football. Appears strong with bags of pace and an eye for goal though, that’s a few boxes for a striker ticked!

Watching them highlights it looks like he plays more as a Number 10 or even playing on the right wing as he looks to get the ball quite deep,

Never seen him play for OC but be interesting to know if he (could play or has/does play) the number 9 lone striker

Unbelievable comment.
Are you this negative in real life?
If you support the club did you see the January transfer window as opposed to the August one last season?
Sykes, Sinclair, Graham, Kashi. Ah I get it KR 's croc army, of course.

It's simply an opinion, no need to have an aneurism ffs. The facts are things are panning out so far as they did last season. That's all I've said. Why you say its an unbelievable comment is beyond me, a little melodramatic certainly. Blind faith, I don't do sorry.

I would love to think that there will be the necessary players required coming in before preseason starts, which would seem the logical thing.

Watching them highlights it looks like he plays more as a Number 10 or even playing on the right wing as he looks to get the ball quite deep,

Never seen him play for OC but be interesting to know if he (could play or has/does play) the number 9 lone striker
In some of the clips he shows strength in holding off defenders with his back to goal but I agree he does seem to play quite deep a lot. He probably needs a bit of coaching but he’s definitely got something.

It's simply an opinion, no need to have an aneurism ffs. The facts are things are panning out so far as they did last season. That's all I've said. Why you say its an unbelievable comment is beyond me, a little melodramatic certainly. Blind faith, I don't do sorry.

I would love to think that there will be the 'now I famous necessary players required coming in before preseason starts, which would seem the logical thing.
Er suggesting that it is groundhog day with the 'now infamous incoming croc of KR army'
That comment in itself is extremely odd in my view.
Especially, as I said, based on the January transfer window which appeared to be a huge improvement on the Summer window. Or do you disagree?

I would love to think that there will be the necessary players required coming in before preseason starts, which would seem the logical thing.
I hope we can sign 3 or 4, it will not be 7

Needs to be more than 3 or 4 if we are going to compete ....at least 2 centre forwards , centre back x 2 , holding mid right back , a couple of wingers...
Well your being completely unrealistic here. Quality over quantity. I'd rather 5 versatile quality players who can play a number of positions then 9 average players who play 1 position.

Need to remember we have Nico Jones and Mousinho and Long who can all cover CB.

We need to be looking at least
1 Right back
1 Centre Back
1 centre midfielder
2 attackers (strikers/wingers)

Well your being completely unrealistic here. Quality over quantity. I'd rather 5 versatile quality players who can play a number of positions then 9 average players who play 1 position.

1 Right back
1 Centre Back
1 centre midfielder
How unrealistic ? To compete I said 8 postions need cover or players capable of covering , 3 more than you have said and yes able to play different positions would be a benefit

1 Right back
1 Centre Back
1 centre midfielder
That would be ok for permanent signings. A few loanee's on top would most likely be needed.

You dont know the difference between fact and opinion ffs!

Yes, of course, it would be desirable to have signings before the preseason, but that would depend on whether the players we are viewing are weighing their options, are on holiday, or have other commitments with family etc. They may have agreed terms but are not finalised yet for personal reason, who knows. I do feel though that we will not make the same decisions that we made last preseason regarding recruitment, because the introduction of the new board members, fitness department and better/more advanced u23 and youth players assisting with plans to negate previous mistakes.
That's my reading of things anyway. We will all know by the start of the season what has occurred and not before, so l am going to wait and see.

Yes the January window was proved to be successful, but lets not forget we signed Sinclair on the last day after losing our other targets. It was still too late we needed a striker at the start of Jan.

We came 12th from being in a relegation battle, not certain how it was to late as we never went down and would never have got in the play offs.

The January window was a very good one for us, that’s two years in a row now, but it’s been following up from two very poor summer transfer windows, we really need to have a good one of those If we want to be challenging up the top end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom