Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was 2000.
Seems to me that Taylor is 100% available

I think Matty Taylor being in the tunnel with Karl Robinson on matchday would tell us he is 100% available.

Let's keep our fingers crossed a deal can be reached because if it gets over the line there is no doubt in my mind we will be contenders for promotion.

Just checked on Google, it was actually 1999.
We sold Gilchrist a few days later and that was basically the beginning of the end for the next 15 odd years. We’d been relegated on the final day of the season before and were in what is currently League One, barely stayed up and then finished flat bottom the following season, which was also our last season at the Manor. Still stings that our final season at our home was an absolute washout on the pitch. It and indeed we as a club deserved better than for it to end that way.

Anyway... good header, that.

We sold Gilchrist a few days later and that was basically the beginning of the end for the next 15 odd years. We’d been relegated on the final day of the season before and were in what is currently League One, barely stayed up and then finished flat bottom the following season, which was also our last season at the Manor. Still stings that our final season at our home was an absolute washout on the pitch. It and indeed we as a club deserved better than for it to end that way.

Anyway... good header, that.

All thanks to Mr Kassam.

Absolutely - but getting the right deal for all parties is not likely to be a quick fix.
The transfer window closes on Monday September 2nd at 5pm ( two weeks away )
so we have to keep other options open.
I would hope by now we are concentrating on other options, otherwise if could end up like the Tyrone Barnett situation and no player should be that big to try and say I’m more important than your club.

I would hope by now we are concentrating on other options, otherwise if could end up like the Tyrone Barnett situation and no player should be that big to try and say I’m more important than your club.
I would be very surprised if the club dint have 2 to 3 options.
I would not be surprised if they went full out for Taylor though.
Put him in this team, score 15 to 20 and we would have a real chance of having a good season.

Does Taylor really want to come here though? Evidence from a couple of years ago suggests that we’re not seared too deeply into his heart.

If we can’t afford or get Taylor in why not try a cheeky bid for hylton would do a good job or someone like Henderson at Rochdale

I would be very surprised if the club dint have 2 to 3 options.
I would not be surprised if they went full out for Taylor though.
Put him in this team, score 15 to 20 and we would have a real chance of having a good season.

KR said they were talking to 3 forwards when asked about Matty Taylor on the 5 minute forum.

After a long day and an Oxford loss, is there any chance our prophet will give us a snippet on who our new striker could be? (if its not Matty Taylor)

McCleary I believe is the one being met tonight. Matt Taylor is very much on but I wouldn't expect it to be completed before Burton and may even drag on beyond Bristol Rovers although I understand deadlines are fixed and we have other options so anything can still happen.

From the matchday thread. Unfortunately with 2 weeks still to go in the transfer window players attached to clubs can hold out for better offers and as a result we may have to wait for the best no.9 we can get. I would still think that we've got a very good chance of getting Matt Taylor, and hopefully before next weekend but unlikely in time for Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom