Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back to my sun bed here in Spain been away for an hour having a cold beer and a bite to eat. Re connected to the beaches free WiFi in the forlorn hope that I might of missed the fabled klaxon. Alas no just the same moaning and groaning about the forthcoming Armageddon that is the new season. Oh well time for a massage from a nice lady on the beach. Back home tomorrow then was going to pop over to Gosport on Saturday to watch the up and coming U23/18 play.

There are not many "strong and successful" squads in place. Portsmouth and Sunderland have lost players, others have barely added. As frustrating as it is getting signings across the line, we are a centre back and striker away from a strong squad, especially if we add with a few young loanees.

So we are in exactly the same situation as nearly every other club in the football league, and the next couple of weeks will be when lots of business is done through the league.

We need 2 each for those positions 2 of each would be nice. As for Pompey they have 8 new players to 6 that have left. Whalers as Sunderland only have 4 senior players in yet 8 have left 3 are to lower league clubs. So in hindsight Pompey and Sunderland have done better than us whereas Bolton and Bury none in but lots have left these clubs

I might be wrong but I believe every club in League One have now signed 3 or more players, apart from us and Wycombe.

I don't think we need 2 centre backs, especially if we go for real quality with the one we bring in. Dickie, new CB, Mous and Jones should be good enough to get us through the season.

As for strikers, one established player (Evans) and one young PL loanee should be enough with the way we play.

I might be wrong but I believe every club in League One have now signed 3 or more players, apart from us and Wycombe.
No quite a lot out.
It also depends who you include (msnh have signed U23s etc)
I will try and work through it all if I get a chance.

I don't think we need 2 centre backs, especially if we go for real quality with the one we bring in. Dickie, new CB, Mous and Jones should be good enough to get us through the season.

As for strikers, one established player (Evans) and one young PL loanee should be enough with the way we play.
I tend to agree ( unless Mous were to go)
A club at out level cant pay Mous and not include him.in the squad.
If we had Nelson we wouldn't be too worried about CBs.
Up front one very good striker and a promising young player from PL/ Championship.

Definitely need two additional centre backs.

If we just get one to play alongside Dickie, and then either of those two has an injury I wouldn't be too happy about Mous or Jones having to play a run of games. We know how Mous performed at CB and I don't think Jones is ready to play more than the odd first team game at present.

I might be wrong but I believe every club in League One have now signed 3 or more 1ST TEAM PLAYERS players, apart from us and Wycombe.

Happy now? :)
Berkoe will be in the first team squad as backup to Ruffels.
The trouble is looking at other clubs some of those signi gs could be for U23s?

No quite a lot out.
It also depends who you include (msnh have signed U23s etc)
I will try and work through it all if I get a chance.

Basing it on this post, last edited yesterday. Even if not entirely accurate we are starting to drift behind on the recruitment front.
No problem if we get some quality additions before Sunderland though!

I tend to agree ( unless Mous were to go)
A club at out level cant pay Mous and not include him.in the squad.
If we had Nelson we wouldn't be too worried about CBs.
Up front one very good striker and a promising young player from PL/ Championship.
Mous can be in the squad, but primarily as cover for the defensive midfielder position.

I might be wrong but I believe every club in League One have now signed 3 or more 1ST TEAM PLAYERS players, apart from us and Wycombe.

Happy now? :)
It was more the point that other teams may be signing U23 players too which distorts the fact they have signed a few more

Definitely need two additional centre backs.

If we just get one to play alongside Dickie, and then either of those two has an injury I wouldn't be too happy about Mous or Jones having to play a run of games. We know how Mous performed at CB and I don't think Jones is ready to play more than the odd first team game at present.
But that will be like having Raglan in the squad never to play. It's a luxury that we certainly shouldn't prioritise.

I really hope that Oxford United do not pay a retained PR agency. To do so is entirely unnecessary when they have at their disposal a group on here who see only the positives and peddle them with such zeal.

Well done all, I hope you're appreciated by the owners.

This may upset some people but I don't think Jones is anywhere near ready yet. The unimportant cup games and the odd league game yes. But I wouldn't feel comfortable if he had to cover half a dozen league games or so on the trot. Could be asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom