Transfer dealings to date

Yellows1

Genuinely interested to see what everyone’s thoughts are, the bottom line is have we improved as a squad? - I personally think we’ll still light up front, maybe the under 23 squad will be more important than we first thought.

Without a doubt the squad has been improved. Still to be seen is whether the improvement is sufficient to challenge for promotion. Far too early to say but, there is some way to go for us to consider putting any champagne on ice. (that won't stop Mrs Manorlounger putting a bottle in the fridge but nothing ever has!)

For me if we can secure the services of Hall and Nelson and maybe in January sort Holmes on a permanent contract then yes think we’ve got every chance of a top 6 finish but still a few buts...

Yes agree.
I am wondering what KRs thoughts are? Will Mackie play as a Centre Forward at times? Does KR reckon that Smith will smash it?
Are there any of the younger players that he reckons are decent back up?
Is KR expecting to bring another striker in? Is he going to play with a 'false 9' at times?
KR has brought a lot of players in and He must have a plan on what is going to happen

Agreed. Quality Midfield. Toothless up front. Was certain wed get a striker and think we still might.

Good day though.

We don't have many options up front, but we were mainly toothless against Barnsley due to quality of service. Would be great to have a third striker, but we've yet to see what quality our strikers are this season.

I think some are getting a bit hung up on the 'centre forward' role, when in truth we will set up with a flixible front three where the likes of Henry, Hall, Makie and Browne should all contribute to the goals tally. I would argue that Smith is the nearest we have to a traditional number 9 and that Obika is better in a slighly deeper role.

Just reflecting on current situation but I remember Robinson saying he was speaking to 5-8 players before the end of last season with agreements almost being in place, I just get the feeling he’s missed out on a lot of his first choice targets for whatever reasons - Not being negative but equally this has affected the whole preseason and it then seemed a big rush to get players in before the deadline - Worries me a bit also the amount of loanees that we have especially when 3-4 important permanent squad members have been sold/released.

Bit surprised he didn’t get another Striker in because it’s obvious he doesn’t trust Obika ( Along with most of us I would have thought ). I know Smith has come in but to me that’s a big gamble so let’s hope it comes off. Maybe they tried and couldn’t get it over the line.

Bit surprised he didn’t get another Striker in because it’s obvious he doesn’t trust Obika ( Along with most of us I would have thought ). I know Smith has come in but to me that’s a big gamble so let’s hope it comes off. Maybe they tried and couldn’t get it over the line.
I said this in the pub last night.

I still would like to see the list KR showed Eastwood to persuade him to sign - I bet the only person on it that we actually got is Carruthers. It's pretty obvious we have been knocked back big time on a lot of our preferred choices.
Also did I hear correctly on RO that KR said next Tuesday's Cup match was ..."irrelevant"?

I still would like to see the list KR showed Eastwood to persuade him to sign - I bet the only person on it that we actually got is Carruthers. It's pretty obvious we have been knocked back big time on a lot of our preferred choices.
Also did I hear correctly on RO that KR said next Tuesday's Cup match was ..."irrelevant"?

Rad Ox usually have a 'catchup' facility on most of what they broadcast...being away working for today and tomorrow, Ive not had time (as yet) to check if KR's comments are available yet(?) ..... I was intending rushing back on Tuesday to watch the league cup first round match. If,(based on the first two league games) the players arent interested, and, IF the rumoured KR comments about the league cup game (sponsored by our chairman Tiger's pals!!!) are indeed that he, our head coach, thinks the league cup, - the only major cup competition OUFC have won- IS irrelevant (?) ..... with the combination of uninterested players AND an uninterested head coach, why the f**k should Oxford United FC expect long suffering, taken for granted fans and supporters to turn up and part with hard earned cash to watch what seems to be a pointless , in OUFC officials view, game ?:(:(:poop:

Most of karls post match interview on RO was inaudible due to him bringing his laptop along to show Nathan how unfair their 1st goal was it kept causing interference /white noise as mapp would call it not sure if he did recorded another one

An ideal chance for KR to bring in a loan striker and goalkeeper, or free agents, to play in the cup game he so coverts before Saturday.
Dexter Blackstock seems to be free atm??

Really hope that Derry and the recruitment team are scouring the lower leagues to find a forward who can bully defenders. Not bothered about a high scorer, as the point is presumably to bring our range of attackers into the game close enough to the opposition area to create opportunities. How about employing someone like John Still as a consultant?

I won’t judge any signings until at least 10-12 games in when players have had time to settle in and forge partnerships although Holmes I suspect I have already done that on. Yesterday I heard people slagging off new signings during the game, utterly moronic and shows a lack of football knowledge and intelligence as we are there to support the team during the game.That said some performances of old and new players need dramatic improvements and quickly.

Back
Top Bottom