Transfer dealings to date

I think we are short cover \ competition at left back. A holding midfielder (in addition to Hanson) I wish we had signed Doughty. Plus a decent striker. We have an awfully lot of U23 players who I have no idea just how good or ready they all are. I have no idea why we didn't list Shearer and Obika at the end of last season they simply aren't good enough.

We currently look like at team at the start of preseason. I have said it before we have had a poor preseason. Maybe we have been over ambitious with our targets who knows. But we have been scrabbling around until the last minute to assemble a squad and now its unfit, unused to the formation and not ready.

So far we have been massively unlucky with injuries but beyond that we just aren't ready yet. I hope the gaps in the squad don't cost us to badly but this season needs to turn around form pretty quickly if we want to achieve anything.

Last edited:
Er yes Banbury - its not "moronic" to say Mackie is not fit or able to play Sunday League - let alone League 1 soccer!! Have we taken him purely because of the Derry/QPR connection?

Er yes Banbury - its not "moronic" to say Mackie is not fit or able to play Sunday League - let alone League 1 soccer!! Have we taken him purely because of the Derry/QPR connection?
It’s moronic to abuse players during the game is what I said totally counter productive as well as it affects ALL 11 players in the team the people dishing out the abuse are allegedly there to support.

I think we are short cover \ competition at left back. A holding midfielder (in addition to Hanson) I wish we had signed Doughty. Plus a decent striker. We have an awfully lot of U23 players who I have no idea just how good or ready they all are. I have no idea why we didn't list Shearer and Obika at the end of last season they simply aren't good enough.

We currently look like at team at the start of preseason. I have said it before we have had a poor preseason. Maybe we have been over ambitious with our targets who knows. But we have been scrabbling around until the last minute to assemble a squad and now its unfit, unused to the formation and not ready.

So far we have been massively unlucky with injuries but beyond that we just aren't ready yet. I hope the gaps in the squad don't cost us to badly but this season needs to turn around form pretty quickly if we want to achieve anything.
We didn't need to list Shearer, he was out of contract but we gave him a new one. Now Robbo seems to think he needs a loanee. The mind boggles, worrying!!

It’s moronic to abuse players during the game is what I said totally counter productive as well as it affects ALL 11 players in the team the people dishing out the abuse are allegedly there to support.

True shouting abuse at players during a match is pointless and most importantly counter productive to every players performance, even the ones not singled out. It doesn't matter which sport you play you'll perform best when you're relaxed and focused. When under pressure and unhappy simple we make seemingly unfathomable mistakes.

That said it's totally acceptable to comment on a players performance on here even if is after just one or two games. It is a fact to even the most footballicly challenged that Mackie and Garbutt have been stand out terrible so far. So they deserve the criticism they're getting along with the rest of the team and KR too. Just as Holmes deserves the praise he is getting after just one game. Yes they might get better many players do once settled but it still doesn't detract format the fact that so far we look like favourites for relegation.

True shouting abuse at players during a match is pointless and most importantly counter productive to every players performance, even the ones not singled out. It doesn't matter which sport you play you'll perform best when you're relaxed and focused. When under pressure and unhappy simple we make seemingly unfathomable mistakes.

That said it's totally acceptable to comment on a players performance on here even if is after just one or two games. It is a fact to even the most footballicly challenged that Mackie and Garbutt have been stand out terrible so far. So they deserve the criticism they're getting along with the rest of the team and KR too. Just as Holmes deserves the praise he is getting after just one game. Yes they might get better many players do once settled but it still doesn't detract format the fact that so far we look like favourites for relegation.
Although I do remember Andy Whing being called useless etc. for a few months and even Constable being questioned for a few games until he started scoring.

Although I do remember Andy Whing being called useless etc. for a few months and even Constable being questioned for a few games until he started scoring.

Roofe as well, what was it from one eminent poster on here? Something along the lines of "Never going to make it as a league footballer"?
Ricky Sappleton, Steve Anthrobus and Gino van Kessel all scored on their debut, so it can go the other way as well.
Fact is, nobody has ever been relegated in August, and while we need an upturn soon to call us "favourites for relegation" after two games is frankly laughable.

Roofe as well, what was it from one eminent poster on here? Something along the lines of "Never going to make it as a league footballer"?
Ricky Sappleton, Steve Anthrobus and Gino van Kessel all scored on their debut, so it can go the other way as well.
Fact is, nobody has ever been relegated in August, and while we need an upturn soon to call us "favourites for relegation" after two games is frankly laughable.
The headline on the front of the programme for the first home league game that season still haunts me . . ."There's no stopping the Bus":ROFLMAO:

Yes I forgot about Roofe and agree with the rest of your post. Things will hopefully improve soon.

Fact is, nobody has ever been relegated in August

Actually, they have...

...but in the case of Halmstad it was approximately twenty years before the time of Pep, so unfortunately they didn’t have him to blame.

It's not laughable. But it is untrue Wycombe and Accrington are favourites. The bookies have us about mid table. I can't see us getting anything at pompy and that will make Tuesday night very important. Lose that and we will be favourites.

Back
Top Bottom