League Two Tranmere Rovers getting their knickers in a twist

So, having skim read it, the complaint is that for a period people couldn't comment on an Instagram post about the EFL's proposal to end the L1 season based on PPG (which of course relegated them).
I have a lot of sympathy with Tranmere for the hand they got dealt, but to think that some comments on Instagram would have made any difference to the outcome is clutching at a very very tiny straw that has already gone down the plughole.

Any form of censorship (outside of pre-set rules and abiding by the laws of the country) should be prevented.

I agree with @ZeroTheHero in so far as the outcome for Tranmere will be very unlikely to change but, the actions of someone at the EFL, if proven, are shameful.

Well yes, and if they had shut down all comments on ALL social media platforms that would have been blatant censorship - or 'image management' as it is known nowadays! It seems a bit feeble just to do so on Instagram though - smacks more of cock-up than conspiracy to me. Shouldn't have happened though, I agree, and if an EFL employee did it on purpose then they are in trouble.

There's another option open to Tranmere to stay in League 1 that's gone quiet lately - deny Swindon promotion due to their financial chicanery! Throw a few accusations around about Gareth Barry, Michael Standing, Lee Power and their dubious ownership position and the case of where Barry's £800k went and sit back and watch.

Well, that's what I want them to do anyway ...

Back
Top Bottom