Local News Tragic car crash - Oxford Mail headline

Was this on the A40 just up from Wolvercote?
From what has been said on the news, but not said in so many words, is that it must have quite a horrific incident...

Just past where the A34 crosses, where the barriers are crossing the canal and railway. Impact must have been horrendous due to the damage shown on tv. Went to Wolvercote myself today from Carterton but went off at Cassington to Yarnton, didnt want to go past it.

The family were from our village. I didn't know them personally, but have contributed to a fund to assist the husband and his daughter who remain in hospital but are stable. It does seem totally inadequate, but in all honesty, what can be said or done for such a tragedy.

The family were from our village. I didn't know them personally, but have contributed to a fund to assist the husband and his daughter who remain in hospital but are stable. It does seem totally inadequate, but in all honesty, what can be said or done for such a tragedy.

I've just made a donation on behalf of the forum.

This tragically puts football, and all the bickering that goes with it, into perspective. My thoughts and prayers with all involved, including the emergency workers who attended this horrific scene.

It’s a very sad situation a tragic accident that has taken the lives of a mother and 3 of her children. Not sure if appropriate but on FB on the footy rivals page a Swindon fan has made a suggestion forget football politics and banter and see if both sets of fans can get together and help in some way financially support the bereaved family, it’s certainly a good idea and proposed by one of our rivals.

Last edited:

Great touch.

Have family and associates who travel that way and personally have cycled that way numerous times from Ox to Yarnton and have been across that stretch in a car and in two wheels.

Not sure why it is but, it always felt dangerous on a bike looking across to the vehicles flying through.

God bless the young lady and her 3 young children and prayers to the husband and the toddler involved.

All Ox’s is fighting with god bless. Xx

xxx

Back
Top Bottom