National News track n trace?

Anyone can download the app that was being trialled on the IoW - things have gone very quiet which suggests its functionality was less than expected.

Seems the "Trackers" got notified yesterday evening to start today, some issues with the online portal this morning.

And the "Privacy lobby" aren`t over enamoured with it even the physical "dobbing folk in" Doing your civic duty......

Many reports of battery life on some smartphones after installing the app (on IoW) lasting 20-30 mins on some makes/models of phone

doesnt sound fit for purpose to me

Besides, despite we are all being 'tracked' permanently already, this latest 'idea', or series of em, is too Orwellian for my liking

Well, that's a good point. Evidently Health Authorities have trained professionals who do this sort of thing, but not many. The vast majority of the trackers have been recruited at minimum wage by call-centre operators, e.g, Serco, with no medical / social training or capability pre-requisites. According to the Private Eye article I'm basing this post on training is done on the internet with a trainer training more than 100 people at a go and unable to give time to answer all questions.

At the start, the experts who work in Local Govt who do this now for other diseases weren't included in the process. The system has been built without their expertise but only because of criticism have they now been included. Source was interviews on Sky News.

There is a theme here along with Lab expertise/capacity for testing that was ignored earlier on.

At the start, the experts who work in Local Govt who do this now for other diseases weren't included in the process. The system has been built without their expertise but only because of criticism have they now been included. Source was interviews on Sky News.

There is a theme here along with Lab expertise/capacity for testing that was ignored earlier on.

Public Health England (them local Govt experts) aren`t going to come out of this covered in glory. They`ll be getting "restructured and reviewed".

Lab capacity was very problematic early on as was availability of certain consumables. We had to share with Nottingham..

Public Health England (them local Govt experts) aren`t going to come out of this covered in glory. They`ll be getting "restructured and reviewed".

Lab capacity was very problematic early on as was availability of certain consumables. We had to share with Nottingham..

It has been a consistent problem about ignoring existing knowledge in building systems at the start throughout this where key knowledge already exists in the public sector (NHS in setting up new testing and now tracing with Council workers). My concern with PHE is if it was "restructured and reviewed" I have major concerns that it would end up outsourced to one of Dominic Cummings mates or a Tory donor.

its very bizarre, if i have a positive result for Covid, i give them the contact details of all the people i have been in close contact - they then phone them telling them to self isolate for 14 days.
1) why wouldn't i just tell the people (instead of passing THEIR details to effectively a 3rd party)
2) if im contacted, how do you confirm its genuine?
3) if contacted - you have to self isolate but members of your household are fine to go out etc...

this Dido lady is the same lady, that was in charge of TalkTalk when they had the huge data theft :)
DIdo is also a director of Cheltenham Racecourse...

She's a director and on the main board of Jockey Club Racecourses which owns Cheltenham Racecourse

She's the daughter of Lord harding and was a contemporary of David Cameron and Boris Johnson at Oxford University.

Taste the bitterness and envy that someone was born more lucky than you were........... its life, it happens. Once you get over that your life will be happier. :)

Taste the bitterness and envy that someone was born more lucky than you were........... its life, it happens. Once you get over that your life will be happier. :)

Luck- strange word for it..

Look how ready Johnson and Cummings biggest fan on here endorses cronyism and corruption.

Of course Johnson is very good at passing public money to his friends, 47 million pounds worth of public money on an unbuilt Garden Bridge, 120 000 to Jennifer Arcuri

Maybe if @Essexyellows offered lapdancing and technology lessons some of it might come your way too....

Luck- strange word for it..

Look how ready Johnson and Cummings biggest fan on here endorses cronyism and corruption.

Of course Johnson is very good at passing public money to his friends, 47 million pounds worth of public money on an unbuilt Garden Bridge, 120 000 to Jennifer Arcuri

Maybe if @Essexyellows offered lapdancing and technology lessons some of it might come your way too....

Like I said once you realise that, irrespective of political parties, money always "wins" you will be a lot happier with your life.

Doesn`t matter if its "Blair`s Oil War" or "Boris`s Bridge" they all P**s in the same pot.

Worry about the things you can change, not those you can`t.

We really should all be trying to limit the amount of data we hand over to the tech companies. Democracy itself is at risk if we don’t get to grips with it.

Back
Top Bottom