EPL Tottenham Sack Jose Mourinho

Unless spuds owners have a no speaking to the press clause in his £15m departing handshake (?), the special one will have all manner of media n press beating a path to get his version ...and soon ... though the £15m 'handshake' is very likely to be one with handcuffs methinks?

Spurs will have that I reckon.

Unless spuds owners have a no speaking to the press clause in his £15m departing handshake (?), the special one will have all manner of media n press beating a path to get his version ...and soon ... though the £15m 'handshake' is very likely to be one with handcuffs methinks?

It’s one thing applying a gagging order to speak about specifics relating to Spurs but I would have thought it impossible to stop him from expressing an opinion.

And I am I sure his opinion would speak volumes.

In the 2000s, when you could win with well-drilled, tactically sound solidity and a couple of decent players up top, there wasn't a better manager in world football. His record from 2002-12 was extraordinary. His teams weren't exciting, but damn were they effective. That 2004/05 Chelsea side which only conceded 15 goals all season (tieing a 116 year old record).....I don't think we'll see anyone match them for sheer defensive competence any time soon.......

But, as it always does, the game has changed and he hasn't been able to change with it. So everyone now passes rings around his sides and he doesn't seem able to adapt.

As someone above said - bet his next gig is in China or Qatar. He'll keep pulling down a ridiculous paycheck, but his time at the top table should be over now......

In the 2000s, when you could win with well-drilled, tactically sound solidity and a couple of decent players up top, there wasn't a better manager in world football. His record from 2002-12 was extraordinary. His teams weren't exciting, but damn were they effective. That 2004/05 Chelsea side which only conceded 15 goals all season (tieing a 116 year old record).....I don't think we'll see anyone match them for sheer defensive competence any time soon.......

But, as it always does, the game has changed and he hasn't been able to change with it. So everyone now passes rings around his sides and he doesn't seem able to adapt.

As someone above said - bet his next gig is in China or Qatar. He'll keep pulling down a ridiculous paycheck, but his time at the top table should be over now......
Jose has signed for Roma. Looking forward to seeing what happens. My feeling is he was born to manage Roma. 3 year deal.

This from the BBC :-

Jose Mourinho has been appointed Roma manager from the start of the 2021-22 season.

The 58-year-old will replace fellow Portuguese Paulo Fonseca, who Roma announced earlier on Tuesday would leave at the end of the current season.
Mourinho was sacked as Tottenham Hotspur boss on 19 April and had said he would "wait to be back in football" following his dismissal.

He has signed a three-year deal with Roma, who are seventh in Serie A.

"Thank you to the Friedkin family for choosing me to lead this great club and to be part of their vision," said Mourinho, who has also managed Inter Milan, Chelsea, Manchester United and Real Madrid outside his homeland.

"After meetings with the ownership and Tiago Pinto, I immediately understood the full extent of their ambitions. It is the same ambition and drive that has always motivated me and together we want to build a winning project.

"The incredible passion of the Roma fans convinced me to accept the job and I cannot wait to start next season."

Mourinho was dismissed after 17 months in charge of Spurs following a poor second half of the season in which they slipped from top of the table to outside the European places.

This season Mourinho suffered 10 league defeats in a single campaign for the first time in his managerial career.

"When Jose became available, we immediately jumped at the chance to speak with one of the greatest managers of all time," said Pinto, Roma's general manager.

"We were blown away by Jose's desire to win and his passion for the game: no matter how many trophies he has won, his primary focus is always on the next one. He possesses the knowledge, experience and leadership to compete at all levels.

"We know that in order to build a successful sporting project it takes time, patience and the right people in the right positions. We are supremely confident Jose will be the perfect coach for our project, for both our immediate and long-term future."

The only way I can see Jose coming back and managing in England is if he does a very good job at Roma like winning the league and maybe a team like Liverpool or arsenal taking a punt on him

Back
Top Bottom