National News Conservative Party

But you have defended this Govt giving their mates and Tory Donors 'free money'. And I'd hardly call that £20 'free money' if without it you have to choose between heating and food.

Imagine that there wasn’t. Pandemic

Some people will still be choosing between heating and food. Sorry, again, what's your point?
They wouldn’t have had an extra £80 if there hadn’t been a pandemic, that’s one hell of a pay rise

They wouldn’t have had an extra £80 if there hadn’t been a pandemic, that’s one hell of a pay rise
So, as I said, some would still be choosing between food or heating whether there'd be a pandemic or not. It's fine to take £20 a week off the poorest in society but not to stop MPs topping up their megre £80k+ salaries. 🤷‍♂️

How do you keep swallowing this crap?

So, as I said, some would still be choosing between food or heating whether there'd be a pandemic or not. It's fine to take £20 a week off the poorest in society but not to stop MPs topping up their megre £80k+ salaries. 🤷‍♂️

How do you keep swallowing this crap?

I can’t work because of health neither can me
T wife we got nothing yet our benefits are exactly what the UC claimants get but most are already in work and the UC is a top up before the £20 how about their employees pay the extra £20

I can’t work because of health neither can me
T wife we got nothing yet our benefits are exactly what the UC claimants get but most are already in work and the UC is a top up before the £20 how about their employees pay the extra £20

Not all people on UC are working. And is it affected by the taper if it comes from the employer?

I’m saddened to read your comment Essex,
Speaking from experience, to say that those not working are there by design, is a massive over simplication and in my opinion,very inhuman.

The state is a safety net and rightly so. I have no problem with that at all.

It is not "inhuman" to say, that if people want to make their life better by whatever degree, it is down to them their circumstances and choices.

But you have defended this Govt giving their mates and Tory Donors 'free money'. And I'd hardly call that £20 'free money' if without it you have to choose between heating and food.

It was a temporary uplift, that was made abundantly clear.
Same as furlough, that was temporary.

Whether there should be a "fixed state income" is a different debate.
Wearing my "socio-conservative-taliban" hat I would say there should be.
And it should be delivered through a simple system.

Might be going a bit Kim Jong-un there. :)

Not all people on UC are working. And is it affected by the taper if it comes from the employer?
I know not all claimants are working but in the last few weeks when it has naan talked about it was more in reference those on a low wage tbh I don’t think I ever heard those who are on UC not working just those topping up their wages.

I know not all claimants are working but in the last few weeks when it has naan talked about it was more in reference those on a low wage tbh I don’t think I ever heard those who are on UC not working just those topping up their wages.

Plenty on UC don't work. Even those that do, the £20 is a significant amount of money and could be the difference between food & heat, rather than picking one.

Of course, nobody seems to be suggesting the money is returned for failed Covid contracts by Tory donors/Govt Ministers' mates & neighbours yet that runs into many £bns. Of course, the Govt have made sure this can't happen by not including failure clauses so their mates have got many £bns of free cash which could have instead helped the poorest in society.

It was a temporary uplift, that was made abundantly clear.
Same as furlough, that was temporary.

Whether there should be a "fixed state income" is a different debate.
Wearing my "socio-conservative-taliban" hat I would say there should be.
And it should be delivered through a simple system.

Might be going a bit Kim Jong-un there. :)

But it is ok to give many £bns for failed contracts to Tory Donors and Ministers' mates/neighbours/companies they consult for....

That money could have gone to the poorest, who then would have actually spent it putting the money back into the economy.

Plenty on UC don't work. Even those that do, the £20 is a significant amount of money and could be the difference between food & heat, rather than picking one.

Of course, nobody seems to be suggesting the money is returned for failed Covid contracts by Tory donors/Govt Ministers' mates & neighbours yet that runs into many £bns. Of course, the Govt have made sure this can't happen by not including failure clauses so their mates have got many £bns of free cash which could have instead helped the poorest in society.
When you think that for the cost of one major infrastructure project which nobody wants (HS2), you could take that money and instead give every person in the country £20 p/w for a whole year...

Now where's that bus, a perfect slogan to plaster over the side of it.

But it is ok to give many £bns for failed contracts to Tory Donors and Ministers' mates/neighbours/companies they consult for....

That money could have gone to the poorest, who then would have actually spent it putting the money back into the economy.

If they are spending it on heating it's just going back into the pockets of the shareholders, who often vote Tory.........

Maybe they should reinstate it.

If they are spending it on heating it's just going back into the pockets of the shareholders, who often vote Tory.........

Maybe they should reinstate it.

Indeed, at least the poor would get something out of it first. Are the French Govt Tory? ;)

'Major Tory party donor'.

Surely another amazing coincidence and not blatant corruption. Now, off shore those profits.

Envy again. :)

I`ll take a fair bet that very few buildings used by very many government departments, or opposition parties, are owned by the state, nor ever have been.

Envy again. :)

I`ll take a fair bet that very few buildings used by very many government departments, or opposition parties, are owned by the state, nor ever have been.
Are yes, the...

If you are rich you're a hypocrite, if you're poor you're jealous, responce. If that's the best you can do i take it you agree with me. 😁

Back
Top Bottom