National News Conservative Party

It is a massively complex problem and a balancing act between incentivising growth, investment and the general willingness to work harder, earn more money/pay more tax and buy more things (subject to vat) Etc.

Which is why it will never be considered fair for everyone.

I agree that there comes a point where you have so much money what could you possibly spend it on, but as you say, we do also have philanthropists who want to give something back.

But if you remove the incentive to work harder (because all you‘re doing is working for the government coffers) or remove encouragement for businesses to grow, employ more people etc (because all the extra profits go in taxes) what have you got left?
What about the incentive for those who are rich to work harder?
People with jobs are having to use foodbanks. Where's the incentive there?
Philanthropy is "nice", but it is not the answer. We need money deployed strategically across the whole economy, not just where one rich person likes the idea of spending it.

OK IMHO if they got the food from dumpster diving.

Don't be harsh. For all you know they may have rewarded some of the food bank users. Perhaps offering them morsels for performing tricks or something.

People with jobs are having to use foodbanks. Where's the incentive there?
I recall the answer to this was that they shouldnt blow it all on fags and snorting coke off hookers. And x Tory was brought up on *whisper it* a council estate and still managed to put food on the table.

I recall the answer to this was that they shouldnt blow it all on fags and snorting coke off hookers. And x Tory was brought up on *whisper it* a council estate and still managed to put food on the table.
Yep....it's all about choices, kids:rolleyes:

I mean, just look at public school educated millionaire Michael Gove (or "Mrs Blurt" as he was known on the private email account he used when Education Secretary to discuss Government business because he thought it would not be subject to an FOI request). He chooses to snort Charlie, but chooses not to snort it off hookers, so we're told...

Last edited:
Saw this ad on my newsfeed today, fancy a new tee @QR ?

SmartSelect_20220520-111720_Facebook.jpg

2 years after the biggest state financial rescue job ever. Guess some people have short memories.

2 years after the biggest state financial rescue job ever. Guess some people have short memories.
Really?......That's what you're going with?

Should we also be grateful for the industrial scale fraud that ensued and the billions of pounds of public money written off by Fishy Rishi?

Should we also be grateful for the billions of pounds of public money syphoned off into the offshore accounts of the Chumocracy, courtesy of some very dodgy contracting practices?

And do you think any other incumbent government would have simply let people suffer, or maybe, just maybe they would've given the same and perhaps more,,,,and maybe they'd done it without the scale of fraud and without having their own grubby fingers in the till.

Should we also be grateful to the Tories for developing the vaccine and delivering the roll out program?

And should we just gloss over the industrial scale law breaking at number 10 and the way Boris has tried to shirk any kind of responsibility for events ever since?

If you like your Governments to be lower than a snakes belly, then I guess, yes....yes we should be grateful.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

Individuals and businesses committed the frauds; not the Government. They were shelling out furlough in 2020. Quickly and in the main effectively. HMRC and the Treasury were top class.

I’I’m a business adviser and the level of support given to small business clients by them during that terrible time was very very good. .

And yes they should take some credit for delivering the first effective vaccine in advance of the rest of the world.

And taking us out of lockdown sooner than nearly all major economies.

Yes, some have short memories. Give them credit; enough of this wearying tribalism.

Individuals and businesses committed the frauds; not the Government. They were shelling out furlough in 2020. Quickly and in the main effectively. HMRC and the Treasury were top class.

I’I’m a business adviser and the level of support given to small business clients by them during that terrible time was very very good. .

And yes they should take some credit for delivering the first effective vaccine in advance of the rest of the world.

And taking us out of lockdown sooner than nearly all major economies.

Yes, some have short memories. Give them credit; enough of this wearying tribalism.

There's a lot of irony in that last sentence.

Who votes in this person?

I think Dorries is the MP for Mid-Bedfordshire.

It's basically a swathe of villages and countryside between MK, Luton & Bedford. Healthy, wealthy and very, very Tory. Even during Blair's New Labour wave in 97, they didn't get within 7,000 votes in Mid-Bedfordshire. Put a blue rosette on a horse and it would likely win the election there!

It's basically a swathe of villages and countryside between MK, Luton & Bedford. Healthy, wealthy and very, very Tory. Even during Blair's New Labour wave in 97, they didn't get within 7,000 votes in Mid-Bedfordshire. Put a blue rosette on a horse and it would likely win the election there!
Much like West Oxfordshire, which is why they've ended up with that wet lettuce Robert Courts as MP.

At least the council went NOC (y)

The answer to your question is 'Very'.

Reassuring to know that the 'brightest and best' in the country are leading us, isn't it.
Who votes in this personk

I suppose from a Tory point of view it would make sense to put your worst MP in a seat like that.

Can we have the please Horse as we may get some competency.

Back
Top Bottom