National News Conservative Party

Budget 2021 BBC -
  • Schools funding to return to 2010 levels in real terms - an equivalent per pupil cash increase of more than £1,500.
So those who started school in 2010 have endured funding at less than 2010 levels. High skilled my a**e.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Oh aye, cuts all the way..........................
  • Whitehall departments to receive rise in overall spending, totalling £150bn over the course of this Parliament
  • Funding will rise by an average of £4.6bn for Scottish Government, £2.5bn for Welsh Government, and £1.6bn for Northern Ireland Executive
  • Levelling Up Fund will mean £1.7bn invested in local areas across the UK
  • Government backing projects in Aberdeen, Bury, Burnley, Lewes, Clwyd South, Stoke-on-Trent, Ashton under Lyne, Doncaster, South Leicester, Sunderland and West Leeds
  • Extra £2.2bn for courts, prisons and probation services
  • Tax relief for museums and galleries will be extended for two years, to March 2024
  • Core science funding to rise to £5.9bn a year by 2024-25
  • £6bn of funding to help tackle NHS backlogs
  • £7bn for transport projects in areas including Greater Manchester, the West Midlands and South Yorkshire
  • Schools to get an extra £4.7bn by 2024-25
  • There will be nearly £2bn of new funding to help schools and colleges to recover from the pandemic
  • Schools funding to return to 2010 levels in real terms - an equivalent per pupil cash increase of more than £1,500
  • £300m will be spent on a "Start for Life" parenting programmes, with an additional £170m by 2024-25 promised for childcare
  • A UK-wide numeracy programme will be set-up to help improve basic maths skills among adults
  • £24bn earmarked for housing: £11.5bn for up to 180,000 affordable homes, with brownfield sites targeted for development
  • 4% levy will be placed on property developers with profits over £25m rate to help create a £5bn fund to remove unsafe cladding
  • £640m a year to address rough sleeping and homelessness
You had best apply for the bit in red. 🤷‍♀️

And that brownfield bit might be what our big cheeses need as well.

As someone Tweeted they haven`t parked a tank on Starmers lawn they drove through the lounge and are raiding the fridge! :ROFLMAO:

• Whitehall departments to receive rise in overall spending, totalling £150bn over the course of this Parliament
  • Funding will rise by an average of £4.6bn for Scottish Government, £2.5bn for Welsh Government, and £1.6bn for Northern Ireland Executive
  • Government backing projects in Aberdeen, Bury, Burnley, Lewes, Clwyd South, Stoke-on-Trent, Ashton under Lyne, Doncaster, South Leicester, Sunderland and West Leeds
  • Tax relief for museums and galleries will be extended for two years, to March 2024
  • £7bn for transport projects in areas including Greater Manchester, the West Midlands and South Yorkshire
  • There will be nearly £2bn of new funding to help schools and colleges to recover from the pandemic
  • Schools funding to return to 2010 levels in real terms - an equivalent per pupil cash increase of more than £1,500
  • £300m will be spent on a "Start for Life" parenting programmes, with an additional £170m by 2024-25 promised for childcare
  • A UK-wide numeracy programme will be set-up to help improve basic maths skills among adults
  • £24bn earmarked for housing: £11.5bn for up to 180,000 affordable homes, with brownfield sites targeted for development
  • 4% levy will be placed on property developers with profits over £25m rate to help create a £5bn fund to remove unsafe cladding

As someone Tweeted they haven`t parked a tank on Starmers lawn they drove through the lounge and are raiding the fridge! :ROFLMAO:
Anything regarding disability and benefits?

I commend QR on being able to hold down a job. It must be difficult to balance that whilst also having a permanent meltdown about brexit and the tories.

Genuine question: Are those spending increases in real terms or just the headline number?

There was a 5% cut in the duty on draught beer. I'll wait........

Genuine question: Are those spending increases in real terms or just the headline number?
Two other genuine questions:

- how much of this was previously budgeted, certainly £4.2 of the transport infrastructure was being bandied around.
- how much of this is simply bringing up back to 2010 levels of expenditure, given 10 years of Gideon's 'austerity' budgets ie courts, prisons, schools, science research. I say that given the government promises to build more hospitals at the last election - I believe 1 maybe new, the other projects in development were happening anyway

Two other genuine questions:

- how much of this was previously budgeted, certainly £4.2 of the transport infrastructure was being bandied around.
- how much of this is simply bringing up back to 2010 levels of expenditure, given 10 years of Gideon's 'austerity' budgets ie courts, prisons, schools, science research. I say that given the government promises to build more hospitals at the last election - I believe 1 maybe new, the other projects in development were happening anyway

It is possible that things can be announced, planned, then budgeted for............. like new stadiums. :)

Rishi did get told off by Madam Deputy Speaker for "leaking" too much ahead of addressing the HoC.

It is possible that things can be announced, planned, then budgeted for............. like new stadiums. :)

Rishi did get told off by Madam Deputy Speaker for "leaking" too much ahead of addressing the HoC.

Real terms increase or headline increase?

And I believe Big Ron is talking about being budgeted for in past budgets/years so trying to claim credit again for the same policy (that they failed to implement previously*).

*I appreciate Covid will have affected some of these.

On the brightside, it`ll keep Labour out for decades................................. small c conservatism.

No giant images needed.

In real terms the weekly average wage has not increased in the last 12 years.

Most expensive "cuts" I've ever seen in my life.

Not sure about the "debt levels are down" BS from Sunak though. How can that possibly be the case? Is anybody able to explain the thinking behind that or is it just a clear and obvious lie?

Not sure about the "debt levels are down" BS from Sunak though. How can that possibly be the case? Is anybody able to explain the thinking behind that or is it just a clear and obvious lie?

Depends how you view it........... as GDP increases so can debt, which is all just numbers on spreadsheets anyway.............................

_117074470_optimised-debt_perc_gdp_historical-nc-1.png

Did he definitely say debt (cumulative indebtedness across all years) and not deficit (what is borrowed in a single year)?

Back
Top Bottom