Conference Torquay v Notts County PO Semi

I was just thinking I hope Torquay go up, always enjoy the train journey down there. Forgot for a minute we are in league 1.

If Torquay go up that means the teams that finished behind the automatic promotions in Championship, L1,L2 and National League will have gone up.
If only that had happened last season

Asa Hall did score a few goals.
Good for him of they do get up

Asa Hall did score a few goals.
Good for him of they do get up

It'll be interesting to see who they get out of Stockport or Hartlepool in the Final. The good thing for Torquay is the final is at Bristol City so won't have to go far.

It'll be interesting to see who they get out of Stockport or Hartlepool in the Final. The good thing for Torquay is the final is at Bristol City so won't have to go far.
both former (E)FL sides ... Stockport have a huge following .... and the monkeyhangers last away game of the season, fancy dress themes are legendary

both former (E)FL sides ... Stockport have a huge following .... and the monkeyhangers last away game of the season, fancy dress themes are legendary

I'd say Stockport look strong and they have gone for it financially this season. They signed 31 yo Paddy Madden from Fleetwood for £250k on a 3 & half year deal and last summer signed John Rooney from Barrow on a 3 year deal for another significant fee. Both very good signings for the NL.

Unbelievable Paddy Madden is playing for Stockport County. What a drop that is! They must have some cash to have him there.

Unbelievable Paddy Madden is playing for Stockport County. What a drop that is! They must have some cash to have him there.

He'll be on a good wedge and for 3 & half years so it was a no brainer move for him to drop and £250k for a 31 yo forward who wasn't playing week in week out (iirc) was a no brainer for Fleetwood.

Back
Top Bottom