Tonight's L1 matches.

Malc

Staff member
# interesting matches in L1 tonight. Accrington v Rochdale, Sunderland v Burton, and Wycombe v Charlton. 3 relegation candidates playing.

At the moment Burton are 1 up v the train-set.

Charlton have for some reason benched Chris Solly and Naby Sarr for tonight’s match at Wycombe.

Bet Robinson is watching the game.

Sunderland equalise 1-1. So they've score at both ends, first was an og.

That Rochdale goal has changed the look of things down there!

He said smugly, because we aren't!

Wycombe are in serious trouble.
Rochdale the first team in the bottom 12 to win since we beat Wycombe!

I've been looking at the remaining 5 fixtures for the 8 teams with 45 or fewer points.
Wycombe play 4 of the other 7.
Southend and Walsall play 3 of the other 7.
Rochdale, Wimbledon and Bradford play 2 of the other 7.

All the teams other than Wimbledon have what look like tough final day fixtures. I have Bradford, Walsall and Southend to occupy the last three places, with a 4-way tie on 49 points between Accrington, Rochdale, Wycombe and Wimbledon. Currently Rochdale's goal difference is significantly worse than the others.

Still think Wycombe will go down, looking forward to the 4th May and all of the permutations, now we won’t be involved in the shake up ?

Since the view from the away end is awful at Wimbledon and Southend's facilities are a disgrace, they can take two of the relegation places along with Bradford. And Wycombe play horrible football, so it would be a kindness to their supporters for them to go down and their manager to be sacked.

Since the view from the away end is awful at Wimbledon and Southend's facilities are a disgrace, they can take two of the relegation places along with Bradford. And Wycombe play horrible football, so it would be a kindness to their supporters for them to go down and their manager to be sacked.
Nah I quite like all that lot, I want northern cloggers Scunny and Accy to go down in case I fancy a rare southern away game next season!

Southend v Wycombe at the weekend would give either team a chance to get a little breathing space. But when you look at the last 5 games, Bradford, Walsall and Wycombe have lost them all, and Southend and Accrington have only picked up a point apiece. It would be difficult to see beyond at the relegated teams coming from these, especially with Wimbledon having games against Bristol Rovers, Wycombe and Bradford to continue their decent form (even with a tonking this weekend!!). Rochdale also have Bristol Rovers, Wycombe and Southend and their win tonight will give them a real chance to stay up.

EIther way, it's not us and I geneuinely won't lose sleep on any of the others going down.

Nah I quite like all that lot, I want northern cloggers Scunny and Accy to go down in case I fancy a rare southern away game next season!
With Ipswich, Bolton and lincoln all but confirmed to be joining league one. Looks like more northern games.

A couple of big six pointers in the relegation battle on Saturday but the one that stands out is Southend home to Wycombe, the two worst teams in the league over the last 12 games (Southend 5 points, Wycombe 3 points, which are both worse than our dreadful first 12 games this season to put how bad they are into perspective) and Southend have the worst home record and Wycombe the worst away over the last 8 Fixtures. Hard to see the loser of this one staying up as they won’t get a better chance to turn around their form, draw is a better result for Wycombe obviously.

Accy-Walsall is another six pointer, after losing to Rochdale last night you would fear for Stanley if they lose to a Walsall team who to me look like they have finally run out of time in league one a la Oldham last time.

Out of the rest Brizzle Rovers have a huge chance to move away at home to Bradford, who would be done for if they lose, with tricky ties for the rest of the relegation battling 12.

Big Saturday fixture list just before what is going to be huge double header over Easter.

Back
Top Bottom