Tonight's L1 matches.

Ipswich is 52°3'33.01"N, 1°9'19.62"E, Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK is 51.752022, -1.257677.

Ipswich is a bit north and east of us ?

A couple of big six pointers in the relegation battle on Saturday but the one that stands out is Southend home to Wycombe, the two worst teams in the league over the last 12 games (Southend 5 points, Wycombe 3 points, which are both worse than our dreadful first 12 games this season to put how bad they are into perspective) and Southend have the worst home record and Wycombe the worst away over the last 8 Fixtures.
[/QUOTE
Good stats. 5 points and 3 points in 12 games is shocking. Our start was abysmal and I can't believe that a couple of teams have had a worse 12 games ....

Based on recent/current form, I can see Wimbledon and Rochdale staying up.

Wimbledon have the 4th best record with 20 pts (6-2-2) in the last 10 games, 1 pt better than us. While Rochdale are 18th in the 10 game form table with 11 pts; since they sacked Keith Hill (which they lost the 1st 4 of the games under) and appointed Brian Barry Murphy they've won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 (which was Sunderland).

Based on form Wycombe, Scunny and Accrington are looking in a bad way. Southend and Walsall are unknowns now due to having new/caretaker managers and whether they will get a longer term change in momentum from that. Southend, for instance got a good point at Fleetwood with Kevin Bond's first game in charge. But then Scunny have lost and drawn under Andy Dawson after McCall was sacked.

Surprisingly Bristol Rovers are slipping back into the relegation dogfight being only 3 pts ahead. I don't think they will go down as although they've only got 3 points in the last 5 games (these included Coventry, Luton, Doncaster and Charlton) they'll expect to get the required points from Bradford, Wimbledon, Rochdale, Fleetwood. Rovers do finish with a home game against Barnsley which could be very tricky if Barnsley can still get automatic promotion though if they need the points.

My prediction for the 3 to join Bradford are Wycombe, Accrington and Walsall.

Back
Top Bottom