Tomorrow's press conference

Oxford Aesthete

What are people expecting from this an 'I'm going to take you on a journey' speech from 'Tiger' the announcement of a new manager Bellamy or someone else, any thoughts?

I want the following announcements:
New manager
Stadium situation solved
5 year plan for championship
Where is the money coming from and how much
Promise that he's not just here to make a quick buck and will grow us sustainably like eales has done

Anything less and I'll be bitterly disappointed!

New manager
Stadium situation solved
Promise that he's not just here to make a quick buck and will grow us sustainably like eales has done

Something tells me you're gonna be bitterly disappointed then!

“We hope to have a new manager within 14 days and will take the appropriate amount of time and due diligence before choosing one. The stadium contract renewal talks will begin in September and we are also hoping to announce significant funds to sign a new left back. Temporary burger bar, tea shack blah blah blah...”

New manager
Stadium situation solved

You'll be bitterly disappointed.

“We hope to have a new manager within 14 days and will take the appropriate amount of time and due diligence before choosing one. The stadium contract renewal talks will begin in September and we are also hoping to announce significant funds to sign a new left back. Temporary burger bar, tea shack blah blah blah...”
14 days? from what tiger has said it seems like he's happy with Bellamy being the manager and he'll be in within the next 96 hours. I'd be surprised if Faz is incharge at Fleetwood, 4 points from 6(?) Games is diabolical and in that time we've only scored 5 goals.

Last edited:
That would be a great deal for tiger swapping land he doesn’t own for the Kassam, let’s hope cuddly uncle Firoz has gone senile

I thought Tiger and his people still ownes the car park and some land around it at the Madeski which I believe is ear marked for development....

Okay slightly over exaggerated but what stops them cutting him in for the stadium etc?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-39730422

Last edited:
14 days? from what tiger has said it seems like he's happy with Bellamy being the manager and he'll be in within the next 96 hours. I'd be surprised if Faz is incharge at Fleetwood, 4 points from 6(?) Games is diabolical and in that time we've only scored 5 goals.

I don’t think it’ll make any difference who is the manager. The players we have simply aren’t good enough. We had a terrible summer, which is well known and documented elsewhere. Tiger and the new manager must be given a chance. Limp our way to the end of the season and then they should be judged on the signings made in the summer and next season.
My worry is the new man will come in do no better then Pep or Faz because nobody will get this bunch of mid-fits to play well.

What I would like. Announcement of a new manager and assistant. May well get,Bellamy today.
Realistically consolidate in L1. Probably correct.
Reappraisal of playing staff. Probably means seven or eight out and maybe the same in.
Money to be allocated for players in key positions. Hopefully a striker who knows how to score when he sees the goal in front of him.
The future of the ground to be discussed. Are we looking at staying where we are and buying the ground or are there going to be plans to look at other options. I’m sure the fans would like to know whether we can get that monkey off our back.
Ever since we have been at the new ground our home performances have never been that good. Are we cursed?
I am more optimistic about the future than I was, but our fans have been waiting so long for good news and it’s been so long comin

Last edited:
What we'll get:
A club with great history and fans
DE has done a great job and will remain a key part of the club
Build the brand of the club around the world
More changes to the board
Exciting new training ground
Appraisal of all club structures
Appointment of manager high priority

What we'll get:
A club with great history and fans
DE has done a great job and will remain a key part of the club
Build the brand of the club around the world
More changes to the board
Exciting new training ground
Appraisal of all club structures
Appointment of manager high priority
Plus a five year sponsorship deal with Carabao.

Want do I want?
New manager announced today/tomorrow. 7 points from our next 3 games will be a massive step towards safety and a new manager bounce will do no harm.

Realistic investment in the playing squad in the summer. We don't need millions but we do need to spend.

Also, a realistic view on the stadium. If buying isn't viable then say so and look at getting a better lease or better working relationship with Kassam.

A review of everything behind the scenes. DE's big failure is in marketing but some easy wins will make a big difference. Open day brought back, discount days, better links with schools etc.

No bullshit!! We don't expect to be Man City so don't over promise! Stability and steady, sustainable investment is a good start!

Unfortunately a better working relationship is unlikely to happen.
Kassam is no fan and is a hard nosed businessman who made his millions in slum management.
I’d like to think a ground move could still happen, but we’re no doubt tied into a lease that is crippling the club

Im expecting it to be a buzzword bingo bullshitfest if im totally honest.

With very little tangible detail.

But well see.

Is there somewhere an update will be posted as the news conference goes on please, Oxford Mail site?

Back
Top Bottom