Tommy goes to jail

Dear dear dear ....... you STILL don't get it.................i'd draw a diagram for you but you still wouldnt understand i guess............. that's IT i'm outta here jeeeeeeeeeez :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I’ve explained why I deleted. Really not too difficult to understand, for most people. If you detest Islam you are automatically in the opposing camp to Muslims who follow Islam. That’s not too difficult to understand either, for most people. If you mean that Islam is hijacked by certain radicalised Muslims to justify their own ends, I would agree with you. But that’s not what you said. You chose to dislike an entire religion because a few followers have become extremists.

PS There’s a difference between a religion followed by 600 million people, and a cult.

Other than the numbers who follow them, what is the difference? Do cults gain a legitimacy once they have reached a certain number of followers and become religion? If I start my own cult what numbers do I need to hit for it to become a religion?

The only difference between the big, successful religions and cults is they became popular enough in the past to force there way into societies through violence, intimidation and brain washing, cults can only do that to individuals on a smaller scale. Still even that is just a question of scale.

Be interested to see if you can find one difference.

I’ve explained why I deleted. Really not too difficult to understand, for most people. If you detest Islam you are automatically in the opposing camp to Muslims who follow Islam. That’s not too difficult to understand either, for most people. If you mean that Islam is hijacked by certain radicalised Muslims to justify their own ends, I would agree with you. But that’s not what you said. You chose to dislike an entire religion because a few followers have become extremists.

PS There’s a difference between a religion followed by 600 million people, and a cult.
I'm not sure I agree with that. If disliking Islam means you dislike Muslims then if you like Islam you must like Muslims yet Shia and Sunni Muslims kill each other.

Its sad no one has replied to Corporate Clives post yet Cassox appears and the bun fight commences.

Other than the numbers who follow them, what is the difference? Do cults gain a legitimacy once they have reached a certain number of followers and become religion? If I start my own cult what numbers do I need to hit for it to become a religion?

The only difference between the big, successful religions and cults is they became popular enough in the past to force there way into societies through violence, intimidation and brain washing, cults can only do that to individuals on a smaller scale. Still even that is just a question of scale.

Be interested to see if you can find one difference.

Generally cults are small groups of people with shared beliefs, but who are often secretive or hidden from non-believers.

Religions tend to be much larger but with transparency regarding their beliefs and scriptures.

The argument given is that Islam is somehow different to other mainstream religions and the term cult is often used to dismiss the beliefs of its followers. If instead we argued that all religions are cults that got lucky, then that would be an interesting point. But to suggest that one world religion differs from another simply because we disagree with the actions of a few would have little validity.

To be fair, you prescribe a cult of personality into leaders such as Mao, Franco, etc, but it would be appropriate for those such as Charles Manson or specific religious subsets. Imperial cults would be as appropriate.

I wouldn't associate those with Islam on a generic level. By all means, you may prescribe the Ayatollah in Iran as the leader of a cult.

I read over the weekend reference the Truth Project, part of the huge Independent Inquiry on Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA), which was set up by Theresa May when she was Home Secretary.

A woman called Nabila 42, was abused by her Iman. She stated that ""abuse is rife in Muslim communities, but never discussed, always covered up. The culture is, "we will deal with this, we dont need anyone's help" - but we dont tackle it. There is abuse is almost every Asian family. They get away with it in their own community, and then they target vulnerable white girls. This culture has got to change"".

This is an alarming and wholly unfounded slur. I would sincerely like to know which part of this isn't a blatantly racist and vile assumption. Whilst you refer to Nabilla and her Iman, there are countless victims of systematic abuse within the church (all denominations) The same can be said of children's home and residential school (I refer to historic cases) and a host of other organisations including The Northern School of Music, St Pauls Boys School, and many other middle class well respected establishments. Child sexual abuse is a global not cultural problem.
Rather than finger pointing and spouting rubbish, I suggest you go on a safeguarding children course and learn about the extent of the problem here in our very own county of Oxfordshire! Here's a link. http://www.oscb.org.uk/

Yes Lots of sexual abuse amongst the far right.The DUP, the Catholic Church. Football clubs, and many more.

Lots of very unpleasant right wing creeps about.

People usually delete posts after re reading them and realising perhaps they were wrong and came across a bit of a fool. You can detest Islam and not detest Muslims as Muslims are the people who are harmed most by that despicable cult.....hope that clears a few things up ;)

So... You don't detest people who identify as being followers of a particular faith, you just feel the need to insult them - and by a random chance of birth, consider yourself to be superior?

Have you read the Quoran or any part of it? Can you tell us how the Quoran differs from the Bible?

So... You don't detest people who identify as being followers of a particular faith, you just feel the need to insult them - and by a random chance of birth, consider yourself to be superior?

Have you read the Quoran or any part of it? Can you tell us how the Quoran differs from the Bible?

well did muhammad not marry a child and had sex with her he was basicly a pedofile yet people want to follow him says more about them really .

Dear dear dear ....... you STILL don't get it.................i'd draw a diagram for you but you still wouldnt understand i guess............. that's IT i'm outta here jeeeeeeeeeez :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You need a new keyboard mate, the . button is sticking

well did muhammad not marry a child and had sex with her he was basicly a pedofile yet people want to follow him says more about them really .

Why aren't you also highlighting the many paedophiles/abusers in Christian Churches?

Also, various cultures (now and in the past) have different interpretations of when somebody can marry. Even in the UK back in medieval times, and before, people (including Christians) married and had children a lot younger, then they did die a lot younger as well. Are you calling them Paedophiles as well Danny?

Why aren't you also highlighting the many paedophiles/abusers in Christian Churches?

Also, various cultures (now and in the past) have different interpretations of when somebody can marry. Even in the UK back in medieval times, and before, people (including Christians) married and had children a lot younger, then they did die a lot younger as well. Are you calling them Paedophiles as well Danny?

show me a prothet that christians follow that was proven to have relations with a child because im talking about somoene who millions worship not individual average people who might of been pedofiles .

show me a prothet that christians follow that was proven to have relations with a child because im talking about somoene who millions worship not individual average people who might of been pedofiles .

Are they paedophiles when the norm in that culture at that time (not what the norm is considered now) was to marry young? In most ancient cultures, including the UK and Christian cultures, people married young, had family young and then died young in comparison to now. So no I don't think so, it is context Danny and you've taken something out of context.

Are you directly referencing the marriage between the Prophet Muhammad and Aisha here or something else?

Are they paedophiles when the norm in that culture at that time (not what the norm is considered now) was to marry young? In most ancient cultures, including the UK and Christian cultures, people married young, had family young and then died young in comparison to now. So no I don't think so, it is context Danny and you've taken something out of context.

it might of been the norm back then but my point is we should not be looking up to people from that time who did it the fact millions follow a prohet that was like that says alot about them and thier ideology .

it might of been the norm back then but my point is we should not be looking up to people from that time who did it the fact millions follow a prohet that was like that says alot about them and thier ideology .

So I assume you are anti Christian as well considering some of the things in the Bible?

Danny, read the Quran, the bible (any edition) and then some greek mythology and see if you can join the dots. ps. Bambi wasn't real