Toilets at the Stadium

The LANDLORD charges rent (which includes what are humorously called service charges), which Oxford United football club pay

OUFC should ensure that the landlord's company, who oversee the day to day maintenance of the stadium, deliver what Oxford United football club are paying for as part of the sizable rent

Oxvox dont rent the stadium off the Landlord, Oxford United FC do, they (OUFC) employ a chief Safety officer, shouldn't that individual be ensuring the toilet facilities are 'safe' for public use (within the stadium)?

Mr Eales is in dispute with the Landlord. I am surprised that the Landlord hasnt repaired the toilets in Box/Corporate area as this area is constantly being rented out. FK will argue that they might health and safety. Until they dont its tough.

What a load of rubbish Sarge. Yes we no that the club pays fees to play at the ground but we also no that the club will be in a difficult position if they were to challenge the Kassam. Now I am a member of Oxvox so I think they should act on this and approach him on this. Afterall what are they doing?

What a load of rubbish Sarge. Yes we no that the club pays fees to play at the ground but we also no that the club will be in a difficult position if they were to challenge the Kassam. Now I am a member of Oxvox so I think they should act on this and approach him on this. Afterall what are they doing?
nowt wrong with Oxvox asking the question....though its OUFC who hire the stadium and facilities, if anyone is paying for something that isnt being delivered of an acceptable standard, that is the time to challenge said supplier Id say? ...yep, we know the landlord can be very awkward to deal with, AND that he seems to be able to ignore legal requirements from Oxford City Council (Priory!) with impunity, nonetheless City Council enviromental dept could/maybe should be 'invited' to take a look at the (sub) standard toilet facilities at the breeze block

When all is said and done OUFC pay rent , if what is being paid for isnt delivered, it is for OUFC to challenge the landlord /his company regarding the sub standard condition of the toilets Id say

individuals contacting stadco, the council, etc as well as Oxvox getting involved are additional ways to apply pressure....but when all is said n done its a contract between OUFC and the Landlords company

nowt wrong with Oxvox asking the question....though its OUFC who hire the stadium and facilities, if anyone is paying for something that isnt being delivered of an acceptable standard, that is the time to challenge said supplier Id say? ...yep, we know the landlord can be very awkward to deal with, AND that he seems to be able to ignore legal requirements from Oxford City Council (Priory!) with impunity, nonetheless City Council enviromental dept could/maybe should be 'invited' to take a look at the (sub) standard toilet facilities at the breeze block

When all is said and done OUFC pay rent , if what is being paid for isnt delivered, it is for OUFC to challenge the landlord /his company regarding the sub standard condition of the toilets Id say

individuals contacting stadco, the council, etc as well as Oxvox getting involved are additional ways to apply pressure....but when all is said n done its a contract between OUFC and the Landlords company
Unfortunately as long as toilets meet Health and Safety Regs, FK has no reason to repair them.

If Stad Co cant be bothered to clean up corporate toilets, who are shared by OUFC and the conference centre guests, OUFC have no chance ref concourse loos. I will get a mate to take a photo of them @ today's game & post.

Unfortunately as long as toilets meet Health and Safety Regs, FK has no reason to repair them.

I dont see how they can meet the regs it is a legal requirement even for building sites to provide warm running water and soap for hand washing facilities and especially important seeing as the ground is next to the brook and serves food so is more than likely invested with rats P**s.

Subject of the sorry state of the toilets at the breeze block was raised at last nights Oxvox meeting..... both Bob Price Oxford City Council and Ian Hudspeth Oxford County Council were jointly asked to send in Enviromental Health dept inspectors in to hopefully get something done about the toilets! as in regularly cleaned etc

the Council chaps agreed to send Enviromental health inspectors in to assess the toilet facilities

I think you will find that the toilets will meet with Health and Safety. If not, StadCo wouldnt be able to host sporting events etc.

I think you will find that the toilets will meet with Health and Safety. If not, StadCo wouldnt be able to host sporting events etc.
Stadco owner appears to think rules and regs dont apply to him, ( eg Grade 2 listed building The Priory, as a condition of the lease he holds....and as a condition of his planning application for the 'new' hotel next to the Priory...... is , supposed to be fit for purpose, and fit for use, at his, the leaseholders expense, ....yet the Priory is falling into not only disrepair and ruin, and his hotel has been built and is in use, without a penny being spent on the Priory's upkeep), .....health and safety regulations? I s**t em (in the stadium toilets) he probably didnt say, even though that does appear to be his attitude. 2 season old ticket stubs floating in urinals kind of screams these toilets havent been properly cleaned since before the faded date on the aforementioned ticket Id say

Shame you didnt make the Oxvox meeting last night CC as you wouldve heard, from both County and City council horses mouths, (Bob Price AND Ian Hudspeth), that the stadium landlord and grade 2 listed Priory leaseholder may find he is not above rules and regulations, health and safety ones as well as planning/leaseholding ones too, in the not too distant future :sneaky:

A friend drove past the ground this morning and noticed all the trees have been chopped down next to the priory. Is it to late to find out who did it and if they were allowed

Stadco owner appears to think rules and regs dont apply to him, ( eg Grade 2 listed building The Priory, as a condition of the lease he holds....and as a condition of his planning application for the 'new' hotel next to the Priory...... is , supposed to be fit for purpose, and fit for use, at his, the leaseholders expense, ....yet the Priory is falling into not only disrepair and ruin, and his hotel has been built and is in use, without a penny being spent on the Priory's upkeep), .....health and safety regulations? I s**t em (in the stadium toilets) he probably didnt say, even though that does appear to be his attitude. 2 season old ticket stubs floating in urinals kind of screams these toilets havent been properly cleaned since before the faded date on the aforementioned ticket Id say

Shame you didnt make the Oxvox meeting last night CC as you wouldve heard, from both County and City council horses mouths, (Bob Price AND Ian Hudspeth), that the stadium landlord and grade 2 listed Priory leaseholder may find he is not above rules and regulations, health and safety ones as well as planning/leaseholding ones too, in the not too distant future :sneaky:
I appreciate the update.

I appreciate the update.
wouldve been even better hearing it all the Questions....and responses from the respective council men ... first hand at lastnights Oxvox members meeting though ;)

though it was very well subscribed with over 10% of the current Oxvox membership in attendance ( on a foggy Wed eve)

Update is very much a brief view on the specific subject as I recall from last night, ... and not in any way from the official minutes

wouldve been even better hearing it all the Questions....and responses from the respective council men ... first hand at lastnights Oxvox members meeting though ;)

though it was very well subscribed with over 10% of the current Oxvox membership in attendance ( on a foggy Wed eve)

Update is very much a brief view on the specific subject as I recall from last night, ... and not in any way from the official minutes
Was a very good meeting. No mention of an agm though ?

Back
Top Bottom