Todd Kane Outburst

Yellow Submarine

Very silly interview but I’m not so much worried about the immature comments regarding the ref...

What worries me is the comment about the players rolling up their sleeves if we’re still in trouble with 5 games remaining. They should be rolling up their bloody sleeves NOW! If we go down it will be due to the lack of leaders and real characters in the dressing room. They just don’t seem to have the bottle or fight for a relegation scrap. Pep must take a lot of responsibility for assembling such a mentally lightweight squad, but the players really need to look at themselves now and give absolutely everything to keep this club up, regardless of where they’ll end up in the summer. Time to show some professional pride lads.

Also the dig at IBR for not passing suggests a bunch of individuals not playing for the team.

Last edited:
Half the players won't be here next season so why should they care?
I hope us supporters are there... that's what supporting is about... but there'll be some..." I'm not wasting my money" etc.... not supporters

Imature, but will the fa think that?.
No...I think he'll be sent packing, I hope not, he's good
I agree he’s a good player and it’s a shame this has happened but illustrates the lack of leadership in the dressing room. From the outside it seems that Faz is popular amongst the players but lacks authority. Discipline seems to be slipping

Up until the final sentence I agreed with every word that Todd spoke. The penalty decision was just an utter fiasco. The linesman had full view and could and should have had an input. Some of the fouls given were just as poorly decided.

Clearly, the FA will step in and have words and a hefty fine at least will follow. Unfortunately, the lad spoke out very foolishly with his "threat" and this will be his downfall. More annoyingly, having admitted his error in awarding the penalty, the ref gets off Scot free.

Passion is one thing, that was stupidity. The club will possibly send him packing. The ibr comment alluded to something I saw at the Northampton game. He was taking a throw in, an Oxford player asked for the ball, and he mouthed the words F. Off to him. The way he spoke of ibr, was in the same vein.
It's not just what he said regarding the referee, its how he thinks he can speak of and treat team mates.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Reminds me a bit of Marv: good but a bit of a tw*t. I suppose that's what we need at the moment however

Apology from Kane (through the club channels).
Note from the club that "he will be disciplined accordingly".
Fine from the FA, no ban.

Let's move on, there are a million other more important things than this at the moment.

This lack of professionalism just wouldn't have happened under M Appleton - worrying signs of an undisciplined locker room. Unsurprising given the complete vacuum at boardroom level.

If I was in the trenches, I'd rather have Todd Kane next to me than some of the lilly livered apologies for footballers we've seen pulling on the yellow shirt this season.

He overstepped the mark with his last sentence of the interview, but I'd rather have that than some of the sick notes we've been paying a wage to this season, who seem as if they don't give a s**t.

It's indicative of how standards have slipped that these loutish actions are generally accepted as being better than the rest of the fare served up! Oh for the days of George Baldock scampering up and down the right touchline under the stern gaze of Appleton...

If I was in the trenches, I'd rather have Todd Kane next to me than some of the lilly livered apologies for footballers we've seen pulling on the yellow shirt this season.

He overstepped the mark with his last sentence of the interview, but I'd rather have that than some of the sick notes we've been paying a wage to this season, who seem as if they don't give a s**t.
The thing is though, I’m not sure if it was a display of passion or a lack of intelligence. He’s a good player and I want to see him continue to play for us but I think from now on the club should restrict his duties to on-field only.

• React
Reactions: Ian
The thing is though, I’m not sure if it was a display of passion or a lack of intelligence. He’s a good player and I want to see him continue to play for us but I think from now on the club should restrict his duties to on-field only.

It was very obviously a bit of both.

It doesn't make him a villain, merely a young man who wants to win and might get a bit carried away in the pursuit of it.

Back
Top Bottom