League One Today's Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday games

Orkney Islands Yellow

A thread to discuss Ipswich v Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday v Cheltenham today as it happens.

A win for Wednesday would move them into the playoffs at Sunderland's expense and move level on points with us but we have a better goal difference. Let's hope Cheltenham can do us a favour.

Less important is Ipswich v Plymouth. Plymouth look nailed on to make the playoffs and fair play to them. Ipswich winning would be great even if just to dent the confidence of Plymouth before we visit however I think McNally ended Ipswich's season last week and mentally they're on the beach.

I think both Wednesday and Plymouth will win but let's hope for Cheltenham doing us a favour.

I disagree that Ipswich v Plymouth is less important. Plymouth have some tough games coming up and I hope that they're still fighting for every point when they come to play Wycombe, Sunderland and maybe even MK Dons. We also need their confidence dampened ahead of next weekend.

Ipswich are a very effective side but know that today is their last chance to selvage their season. So I hope that they're up for the fight and really put it to Plymouth, even if that only results in a draw.

If Plymouth don't win, then we know that if we beat them next weekend and match their results for the rest of the season we'll likely finish ahead of them.

Sheffield Wednesday have had 2 massive wins, a defeat and 2 uninspiring draws in March. They play a Cheltenham side that has won 3 and lost 2 in March, although both defeats were away at top sides. A draw wouldn't be out of the question, but we've seem ourselves this season that Cheltenham are a decent side.

2 draws would be ideal, but I'll go with 2 home wins.

Plymouth will be to good for Ipswich I think .. Ipswich were a decent team and very well organised last week but if we had put some of our chances away we would have won
Sheffield Wednesday Vs Cheltenham I think SW should be to strong for Cheltenham but then Cheltenham our quite a reasonable team.at this level as we've found out twice this season.
So I will go with IT 1- PA 3
SW 2- CT 0

In my accy today I have gone for Ipswich draw Wendies win. Knowing my form on accys it will probably be the opposite lol

draws in both would be ideal

slightly off topic... as its not when the matches are being played.... but, KR is a guest on Quest goals/ highlights show tonight

slightly off topic... as its not when the matches are being played.... but, KR is a guest on Quest goals/ highlights show tonight
Are they going to bring him on at about 10:25?

Surely Cheltenham and Ipswich wins would be ideal from our point of view? Or at least Ipswich Plymouth draw and Cheltenham win?

Surely Cheltenham and Ipswich wins would be ideal from our point of view? Or at least Ipswich Plymouth draw and Cheltenham win?
thinking about it , yep 'Nam and Ipswich wins would be ideal, draws would do

I disagree that Ipswich v Plymouth is less important. Plymouth have some tough games coming up and I hope that they're still fighting for every point when they come to play Wycombe, Sunderland and maybe even MK Dons. We also need their confidence dampened ahead of next weekend.

Ipswich are a very effective side but know that today is their last chance to selvage their season. So I hope that they're up for the fight and really put it to Plymouth, even if that only results in a draw.

If Plymouth don't win, then we know that if we beat them next weekend and match their results for the rest of the season we'll likely finish ahead of them.

Sheffield Wednesday have had 2 massive wins, a defeat and 2 uninspiring draws in March. They play a Cheltenham side that has won 3 and lost 2 in March, although both defeats were away at top sides. A draw wouldn't be out of the question, but we've seem ourselves this season that Cheltenham are a decent side.

2 draws would be ideal, but I'll go with 2 home wins.
if they get no pts today and we beat them next week we would still be 2 pts behind..matching their results thereafter leaves us 2pts behind

They'd have played an extra game
you're still wrong....if they lose their next 2, we beat them and then we still have to beat Morecombe to go above them BUT they then have a game in hand which if they win puts them still 1pt ahead level games. So your matching results still doesn't work.

you're still wrong....if they lose their next 2, we beat them and then we still have to beat Morecombe to go above them BUT they then have a game in hand which if they win puts them still 1pt ahead level games. So your matching results still doesn't work.

Someones tired!

If Plymouth lose or draw today and lose next week, they will have 74/75 from 41 games with (at best) +26 gd.

If we win next week and beat Morecombe (our game in hand), we will have 75 from 41 games with (at worse) +27 gd.

Match Plymouths results for the final 5 games and we finish above them!

Simples!!

I might join this thread rather than the Plymouth one for matchtime :)

Nervous about today....something has to give unless it is 0-0 ( which would do for both of us probably....)

Sneaking hope for Cheltenham to do us both a favour.

Meh.

I'm not going to give other games a second's thought or moment's worry as long as it's still in our hands.

Anyone know if you can watch other games through ifollow? I tried going to the ipswich page to see if I can pay to watch their plymouth game, but I can't log in with my ifollow creds, and I can't register because I'm already registered with ifollow.
Has anyone done this?

A thread to discuss Ipswich v Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday v Cheltenham today as it happens.

A win for Wednesday would move them into the playoffs at Sunderland's expense and move level on points with us but we have a better goal difference. Let's hope Cheltenham can do us a favour.

Less important is Ipswich v Plymouth. Plymouth look nailed on to make the playoffs and fair play to them. Ipswich winning would be great even if just to dent the confidence of Plymouth before we visit however I think McNally ended Ipswich's season last week and mentally they're on the beach.

I think both Wednesday and Plymouth will win but let's hope for Cheltenham doing us a favour.
So if Ipswich win we are 5 points behind Plymouth with a game in hand and about to play Plymouth ( and they have a really tough run in)
They are definitely not there yet ( but a win today would take them close)

Anyone know if you can watch other games through ifollow? I tried going to the ipswich page to see if I can pay to watch their plymouth game, but I can't log in with my ifollow creds, and I can't register because I'm already registered with ifollow.
Has anyone done this?
A couple of years ago this was possible, but now you need to register a new account for each club

A couple of years ago this was possible, but now you need to register a new account for each club
Thanks! That's annoying!

I just discovered it is showing on BEIN sports here, so I have found an old email address to do yet another 2 week free trial :)

Back
Top Bottom