EPL Todays least unexpected story

Thought he was doing a great job. Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Talk is Rodgers is next.
I reckon Harry Maguire as player manager would be popular

Talk is Rodgers is next.
I reckon Harry Maguire as player manager would be popular
I’m assuming that’s a joke 🤭

Solksjaer was the wrong man from the outset and appointed after a good set of results when he was interim manager. Compared to the experience and achievements of Guardiola, Tuchel and Klopp, he has been found wanting. Seems like a nice guy though and so good luck to him.

Since Ronaldo has returned to Old Trafford, there was an initial upturn in performances and then over the last few weeks the players just haven’t turned up. It’s almost if they lost interest to try and get the manager sacked.
The comments made by De Gea were enough to get Solksjaar fired alone.
Maguire has been particularly poor. Two yellows yesterday, unprofessional at best and almost deliberate at worst.
And his error for one of the goals, motionless as the ball goes in.
And the rest is history

2 obvious candidates for the job, interim or permanent, and the expert pundits haven’t even mentioned them yet -

Gareth Southgate could do the job until the summer: England have just one friendly (in March) and two in June, plus he could undoubtedly handle the big name players. I think he would be an ideal interim boss until World Cup preparations start.

Plus what about Rooney? He’s on a huge wage at skint Derby and they might be prepared to offload him to save £ seeing as they’re plummeting into Lge 1.

Last edited:
Plus what about Rooney? He’s on a huge wage at skint Derby and they might be prepared to offload him to save £ seeing as they’re plummeting into Lge 1.
Rooney? Apart from being an ex player (and they've just tried that!) why on earth would they want him as their manager? It would be absolute madness. Hope they give it a try ;)

How is Ole’a sacking the headline news on the BBC news? Ah yes the BBC

2 obvious candidates for the job, interim or permanent, and the expert pundits haven’t even mentioned them yet -

Gareth Southgate could do the job until the summer: England have just one friendly (in March) and two in June, plus he could undoubtedly handle the big name players. I think he would be an ideal interim boss until World Cup preparations start.

Gareth has a job and wouldn't want to get involved in all that bullshit, I'm sure, plus has Rooney shown any particular talent for management?

Rooney wants to jump from Derby, how he thinks he can land this MUFC job is beyond me and if he does it it, it's another Ole appointment!

Christ, another piece of mindless BBC bashing. As far as I could see earlier on, almost every UK media outlet had the story top of the news or close to it. You can certainly debate the merit of that but it’s not the BBC in isolation.
And was this worthy of the main news item

And was this worthy of the main news item
It’s a bit of a slow news day, as Sundays tend to be. It’s probably also one of the most read stories of the day.
I also find it annoying the importance given to Man United in almost all situations (by all media). But looking at the other stories, they’ve probably got this right.

Manure and Rooney deserve each other.

This will be my only contribution to this thread......

Back
Top Bottom