To boo or not to boo?

Aussies aren't what they were. But which of us can say we are?

Pansies.

.... if you cant take the 'punishment' dont commit the 'crime' ?

in other words if you dont want to be boo'd , dont cheat!

Good old Justin.
He was quick to try and stop the Aussies abusing English players over the year....not.

I hope the crowd give them what they've given to the opposition players over the years.

constant football style repetitive chanting of 'cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat .... should suffice ?

Every time the fielder and bowler is holding the ball.

In between the overs, the crowd should be questioning Warner's and Smith's parentage and sexuality as they liked to do that so what's good for goose is good for gander etc.

Paper airplanes made out of sandpaper?

Yes, boo the cheaters. They've always been happy to sledge and insult other players on the pitch, but when they are caught cheating they want everybody to just forget about it? I hope the crowd give it to them both barrels and if the players could mention it a few times over the course of the summer that would be appreciated!

Paper airplanes made out of sandpaper?

Yes, boo the cheaters. They've always been happy to sledge and insult other players on the pitch, but when they are caught cheating they want everybody to just forget about it? I hope the crowd give it to them both barrels and if the players could mention it a few times over the course of the summer that would be appreciated!

I bet sandpaper sales have increased substantially.

I'd hope if one of our lot did what they did, purposely take sandpaper onto a pitch to cheat after having a team meeting about it, we would never pick them again.

Definite Boo!

I'd hope if one of our lot did what they did, purposely take sandpaper onto a pitch to cheat after having a team meeting about it, we would never pick them again.

Definite Boo!

Amazing how their bans ended just before the World Cup warm up games start as well. It is almost as if it was timed to have the absolute least impact on the Australian team, and basically paid lip service only to a punishment for Aussie cricket.

Definite Boo!

Oh.

Michael Atherton (England) - Ball tampering
The England skipper was fined 2000 pounds following accusations of ball tampering in a 1994 test against South Africa. Atherton had dirt in his pocket which he claimed he used to dry his hands, however TV cameras caught him rubbing some dirt on the ball. He was fined for not disclosing the dirt to the umpires.

Oh.

The England skipper was fined 2000 pounds following accusations of ball tampering in a 1994 test against South Africa. Atherton had dirt in his pocket which he claimed he used to dry his hands, however TV cameras caught him rubbing some dirt on the ball. He was fined for not disclosing the dirt to the umpires.
He was an idiot. But he didn't have a meeting before the game, and force a young squad member to smuggle something onto the field with the explicit, premeditated intention to alter the ball.

And he's not an Aussie ?

Oh.

Indeed, and I expect once he'd paid his fine no Aussie player or member of an Aussie crowd even mentioned it again...

Aussies don't like it up em. In sport they love holding the high idealistic ground and then want everyone to shut up as soon as anything negative happens. It's a kind of collective sporting narcissistic personality disorder.

He was an idiot. But he didn't have a meeting before the game, and force a young squad member to smuggle something onto the field with the explicit, premeditated intention to alter the ball.

And he's not an Aussie ?

Also, he didn't do it game after game either.

There has been a study on the amount of swing the Aussies got before they got caught tampering and after over a number of series. After they got caught, the reverse swing % has reduced to the equivalent of what England and India were getting at the same grounds, from them having a half again swing advantage over their opponents.

A flavour here where Stuart Broad obliquely raises the point:

Also, he didn't do it game after game either.

There has been a study on the amount of swing the Aussies got before they got caught tampering and after over a number of series. After they got caught, the reverse swing % has reduced to the equivalent of what England and India were getting at the same grounds, from them having a half again swing advantage over their opponents.

A flavour here where Stuart Broad obliquely raises the point:

That was all a little erudite for me

Lest we forget the treatment that Stuart Broad got for not walking when he hit it. The papers wouldn't name in him person, he got booed every time he hit the field, booed when he was out and about between games, the Aussies sledged him in the most Aussie way possible. They didn't mention is name in their local news, etc.

Lest we also forget the treatment of Bairstow in the last Ashes or Warner's treatment of Trott. Or the abuse Simon Jones got when he blew his knee out.

Without mentioning Sandpaper gate.

So in summary, Langer and the Aussie team can go **** themselves. And twice on a Sunday.

They didn't mention his name in their local news, etc.
That's another interesting Aussie thing: you can always tell if Australia lost a match because there is no mention of it anywhere. It's a bit like the opposite of the British tabloids. Silence rather than evisceration.

Back
Top Bottom