Tips and potential winners

Manorlounger

I was thinking we ought to have one thread for those tips and solid investment ideas. There have been a few good tips on here recently and maybe if we put them on one thread with discussion/counter arguments, we may all profit a little.

I was hoping to have one to kick off but I fear my initial thought this morning - Moonpig - may have already peaked!

How about $GME ;)

I was looking at Moonpig, but might wait to see how it goes over the next few months.

ARB - Argo Blockchain (not for the feint hearted)
LSAI - London Sciences
YU - Yu Group

All have good potential, all are undervalued in different ways IMO.

In the renewables sector I’d keep an eye on EQT, AFC and PHE.

As always DYOR but worth a look.

Last edited:
Some "hunches" I had that are doing OK.
Vistry Group (VTY) bought at £5.50.
Aston Martin (AML) bought at £9.80
Chemring Group (CHG) bought at £2.00

Had some less good ones as well, don`t come to me for tips!!

Just gone into Aviva at £3.42 for random reasons! :ROFLMAO:

There’s one linked with cannabis oil floating today linked with David Beckham I think.
I will be looking at it later today

Cellular Goods that’s the one.
David Beckham is very interested in making it successful. i don’t necessarily think his motive is money rather helping athletes and being known for that amongst other things

Cellular Goods that’s the one.
David Beckham is very interested in making it successful. i don’t necessarily think his motive is money rather helping athletes and being known for that amongst other things
His money has got to be stashed away somewhere to avoid tax! DB Ventures is a good way of achieving low tax and appearing to be doing something worthwhile. (Not casting any aspersions, of course)

Some folk are already pushing Freetrade to add it their platform. I'm hopeful but not confident that it will be. They tend to be a little slow with IPO's.

Also if the company had any cash flow problems he’d probably top up the funds a little. CBD oil should do well as its take up looks very promising.
A company I have mentioned before is Kingswood Holdings. I made very good money on this and should have waited longer to sell. They have now fallen back from the 31p peak.
What I like is it is a large accountancy company that has swallowed up other companies. It has done very well the last year despite the events of the last year. They may well thrive as they get more business from up and coming companies.
Still not in profit but not far off and has 100 employees.
Professional people running it too, but oddly no trades the last few days, and not a big spread. I like that as you don’t normally have to wait ages to make your investment start to pay

Attachments

• 68A3CF9B-9A74-42A5-997F-4EA7F2F41FB0.png
    68A3CF9B-9A74-42A5-997F-4EA7F2F41FB0.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 7
Also like the look of MoneySupermarket. I wonder how long it will be before it gets taken over.
The dividends paid out during the last year we’re pretty good. The share price has done nothing too dramatic but it is a business making money and I’m sure customer uptake will improve the next year.
I‘ve also considered the fact that insurance claims in respect of crashes will surely be down over the last year. I think maybe vandalism and car theft has probably gone up a bit though.
To me it looks an attractive option

Attachments

• 29BEF588-92D0-47B1-8DED-AE75B39DEC1B.png
    29BEF588-92D0-47B1-8DED-AE75B39DEC1B.png
    403.6 KB · Views: 5
Also if the company had any cash flow problems he’d probably top up the funds a little. CBD oil should do well as its take up looks very promising.
A company I have mentioned before is Kingswood Holdings. I made very good money on this and should have waited longer to sell. They have now fallen back from the 31p peak.
What I like is it is a large accountancy company that has swallowed up other companies. It has done very well the last year despite the events of the last year. They may well thrive as they get more business from up and coming companies.
Still not in profit but not far off and has 100 employees.
Professional people running it too, but oddly no trades the last few days, and not a big spread. I like that as you don’t normally have to wait ages to make your investment start to pay
As you can see in my Trading 212 update, I am down on them..

I wish I’d still got them. I’m sure they will start to pick up as the economy starts to grow.
I think a trading update is due soon?

I’ve been following Nightcap. Was on Dragons Den a little while back. Up 4 to 22 today. Think it’s a flier but more research needed first

Latest IPO for me - Dr Martin. Felt a little downtrodden this morning but, got a spring in their step this afternoon. Feet up and relaxing now as the boot went in up from £4.73 to £4.95 at close. A tad over 4.5% on the day.
Hopefully more to come on Monday.

I’ve been following Nightcap. Was on Dragons Den a little while back. Up 4 to 22 today. Think it’s a flier but more research needed first
Looks interesting. Not sure how cocktail bars are going to make any money right now but, in the not too distant future, who knows?

I do tend to have quite a scatter gun approach as there are lots of companies which have a very small MC and potential to multi bag, which grab my interest.

A mention of a few that I have not yet top sliced out of my original investment

Energy and Renewables :-

EQTec
Block Energy
Oracle
San Leon
i3 Energy

Mining :-

Alba
Bezant
Rambler
Wishbone
Cobra
Helium One
Tirupati
Horizonte
Pheonix

I won’t pretend to do an inordinate amount of research but Pro Active investor, Zac Mir and some basic internet research tends to guide me.

Dropped a bollock with Iconic Labs this past 10 days though, but you win some, you lose some.

Some of my top sliced investments since OCT/NOV shown below, just to give you an idea of what i do on my AIM stuff. My intention here is just to see if I can add something to my usual investments in long term funds without risking too much.

Attachments

• AIM - Top Sliced.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 10
Latest IPO for me - Dr Martin. Felt a little downtrodden this morning but, got a spring in their step this afternoon. Feet up and relaxing now as the boot went in up from £4.73 to £4.95 at close. A tad over 4.5% on the day.
Hopefully more to come on Monday.

Couldn't bring myself to invest given that they only paid £300 mil to the DM family a few years back and were now floating at £2.1 bil wasn’t it?

Glad you’re on a gain though 👍

Back
Top Bottom