Time to change road signs to read Oxford United

Depends who pays for it, I wouldn’t have thought Kassam paid for them originally, so if the council payed I can’t see them doing it again.

Depends who pays for it, I wouldn’t have thought Kassam paid for them originally, so if the council payed I can’t see them doing it again.
Lets have a whip round. I would contribute, just to destroy any vestige of that man's name. By the way, its"paid" not "payed".

If you corected evry misteak on this forrum ud be a very bussy man.

It's most likely not an actual mistake but rather a spelling error ie that's how the author thinks you spell the word.......just for the sake of clarity of course :p

I can’t think of anywhere where the road signs use the name of the club though? They either use the (current) official name or just generically say “Football Stadium”.

As much as we would all love to see the road signs changed, it's worth remembering the Kassam Stadium is a conference facility too, so I can't see our beloved landlord wanting any of the signs changed. (It's likely he paid for them too). A brown tourist sign for an A-road or dual carriageway costs £8K - £20K to design and install. And how many signs are on the approaches to Oxford? I'm guessing 8-10.

Remember when someone used to alter them with a tin of spray!

As much as we would all love to see the road signs changed, it's worth remembering the Kassam Stadium is a conference facility too, so I can't see our beloved landlord wanting any of the signs changed. (It's likely he paid for them too). A brown tourist sign for an A-road or dual carriageway costs £8K - £20K to design and install. And how many signs are on the approaches to Oxford? I'm guessing 8-10.

I’d be surprised if Kassam would pay £8k-£20k for road signs.

And we wouldn’t necessary have to change the whole sign, but just may be the wording, so hopefully it wouldn’t cost too much.

Lol I'm in the wrong trade! My graphic design experience is limited to Paint, but for 20k I assure you I'll reproduce the brown square with a football on it.

All roads into Lincoln have signs that state “Lincoln City Stadium”, they have for many years, I know they have a “EFL Trophy final” coming up however I have been around the City today for an afternoon of drinks and every 3 or 4 shops have red and white scarfs or flags in their windows, it’s like everyone is a part of it....
Signs that say Kassam Stadium and brown signs with a football on around the ring road really mean nothing on a day to day basis, call me old school but other cities pride themselves on their football club and have livery everywhere.
There are 150,000 people living in and around Oxford and nearly 700,000 living in the county of Oxfordshire with some pretty sizeable towns and something as simple as road signs, banners hanging from city and town centres from lamp posts to gain awareness would be a step forward....
After 30+ years of being an Oxford United supporter we have only averaged over 10,000 at home games for only two or three seasons, with the size of the city, the county and the exiles we should be aiming for a bigger fan base to push on....

Only mentioned this because of TIgers comments regarding a strong Oxford brand and how noticeable the signs to Portsmouth FC ⚽️ we’re on Sunday.
I take the point on the joint usage of the stadium,possible costs etc.
Perhaps worth mentioning at the fans forum.

Lets have a whip round. I would contribute, just to destroy any vestige of that man's name. By the way, its"paid" not "payed".
Strange, as I’d already spelt in right once, still it’s good to know the forum spelling police are about.

Strange, as I’d already spelt in right once, still it’s good to know the forum spelling police are about.
You are up early, Cass63. I do not "surface" til around 9 am , then its full english and coffee, Telegraph crossword, then out for a few bevvies.

Back
Top Bottom