General Time one of our bigger names spoke out

dickwalton1964

Apologies if I’ve missed something but have we heard from one of our higher profile players yet ? All I’ve read is stuff from Sykes and Long, two players who for the majority of he season have payed supporting roles.

A week on now but where are the views of our captains, Dickie and Mousinho ? Taylor, Brannagan, Henry, Eastwood, Mackie etc.

About time one or two of those fronted up and at least gave the fans some sort of explanation or rallying call.

Apologies if I’ve missed something but have we heard from one of our higher profile players yet ? All I’ve read is stuff from Sykes and Long, two players who for the majority of he season have payed supporting roles.

A week on now but where are the views of our captains, Dickie and Mousinho ? Taylor, Brannagan, Henry, Eastwood, Mackie etc.

About time one or two of those fronted up and at least gave the fans some sort of explanation or rallying call.
Explanation for what also why do they need to give us a rallying call the players have been excellent for most parts of the season they’ve gave us all a season to remember but unfortunately fell short at the final hurdle imo if we had got to play the last remaining games we would of went up instead of Rotherham

Give the guys a break. They have been playing /training for a full year and now have a couple of weeks off before pre-season. Let them benefit from that. I'm sure the rallying cries will come as we got ready to play again.

Explanation for what also why do they need to give us a rallying call the players have been excellent for most parts of the season they’ve gave us all a season to remember but unfortunately fell short at the final hurdle imo if we had got to play the last remaining games we would of went up instead of Rotherham

Give me a bit of time to think about what an explanation might be needed for. Oh yeah and us fans don’t need any rallying call, I’ve been floating on air since Monday night. Not flat at all, buzzing for Crewe away and Gillingham at home next season.

I'd rather the players had a break, they're all devastated and like many of us probably don't really want to think about the football for a week or two. IMO.

With the exception of Brannagan, all those named are Dad's. For the last 6 weeks they would have reduced contact with their families in order to minimise risk of getting infected or infecting the rest of the squad. They have made sacrifices for our club, and although we ultimately fell at the last hurdle, their commitment or desire to bring us success shouldn't be questioned. In addition, Henry and Eastwood and maybe blaming themselves, Dickie and Brannagan will be facing questions about their futures at the club, Mous and Mackie may be questioning their futures in the game, and Taylor isn't our player!

Give them a break to spend time with their families, to lick their wounds and hopefully come back stronger.

They owe us nothing and the need to hold them to account by some is embarrassing.

With the exception of Brannagan, all those named are Dad's. For the last 6 weeks they would have reduced contact with their families in order to minimise risk of getting infected or infecting the rest of the squad. They have made sacrifices for our club, and although we ultimately fell at the last hurdle, their commitment or desire to bring us success shouldn't be questioned. In addition, Henry and Eastwood and maybe blaming themselves, Dickie and Brannagan will be facing questions about their futures at the club, Mous and Mackie may be questioning their futures in the game, and Taylor isn't our player!

Give them a break to spend time with their families, to lick their wounds and hopefully come back stronger.

They owe us nothing and the need to hold them to account by some is embarrassing.

They don’t owe us any
I don’t really need to hear from them to be honest.
We lost, we shouldn’t have, we are all disappointed. What more is there to say.
I’m over it, looking forward and not dwelling on it.

So after every defeat we, the fans, should just assume they will be disappointed and just let them go home to their families ? Why would you ever want to hear from them in that case ? As a fan I want to hear what they have to say, to see if anything can be read into their words. I think blowing arguably our biggest game in the past decade does warrant some sort of reaction from the senior players at least.

As for whoever it was who said they’re all dads, so effectively leave them be, that’s just ridiculous ! Part and parcel of being a professional footballer is that you do live life in a goldfish bowl. These players have had the best part of three months playing dad and happy families. Talk about precious !

As for whoever it was who said they’re all dads, so effectively leave them be, that’s just ridiculous ! Part and parcel of being a professional footballer is that you do live life in a goldfish bowl. These players have had the best part of three months playing dad and happy families. Talk about precious !

I think there is only one person being precious here!!

Give me a bit of time to think about what an explanation might be needed for. Oh yeah and us fans don’t need any rallying call, I’ve been floating on air since Monday night. Not flat at all, buzzing for Crewe away and Gillingham at home next season.

I can understand people feeling a bit flat. But we have got plenty to look forward too. Swindon home and away, Plymouth away always a good night out after if u choose to stay down there. Potential games against any 3 of Luton, hull, Birmingham, charlton, Barnsley and Middlesbrough.Then we have the Sunderland, rovers, Ipswich, Pompey, Northampton games. Ok we have played some of these teams a lot recently but they are still big games. Instead of focusing on the negatives look at the positives and you might not feel quite as flat.

So after every defeat we, the fans, should just assume they will be disappointed and just let them go home to their families ? Why would you ever want to hear from them in that case ? As a fan I want to hear what they have to say, to see if anything can be read into their words. I think blowing arguably our biggest game in the past decade does warrant some sort of reaction from the senior players at least.

That's a bit self-entitled.

They don’t owe us any

I mean... Yes?

They don’t owe us any

All this stuff about blowing it. They lost a game carelessly and unluckily after being a bit lucky to get there. It’s all part of what you have to deal with as a football player or fan

All this stuff about blowing it. They lost a game carelessly and unluckily after being a bit lucky to get there. It’s all part of what you have to deal with as a football player or fan

You can dress it up how you like but we blew that. You come through two hard fought games against a proper team like Portsmouth, you then have Wycombe exactly where you want them - on a big, expansive pitch. Concede carelessly but go on and basically dominate possession. We create clear openings but let down by poor decision making. A calamitous sequence of play from front to back gifts Wycombe their only real chance of the game from open play. Leads to a penalty and the rest is history ...

Trust me, that is called blowing it.

I know some people just want to keep rubbishing Wycombe but they ended up one point behind us with a game in hand so I think the argument that they are useless doesn’t stand up. It was always going to be a hard game because they are difficult to play against.
What are the players supposed to say “ oh we are all gutted “ . Well I f*****g know that and nothings going to make me feel any better about it either.

You can dress it up how you like but we blew that. You come through two hard fought games against a proper team like Portsmouth, you then have Wycombe exactly where you want them - on a big, expansive pitch. Concede carelessly but go on and basically dominate possession. We create clear openings but let down by poor decision making. A calamitous sequence of play from front to back gifts Wycombe their only real chance of the game from open play. Leads to a penalty and the rest is history ...

Trust me, that is called blowing it.
From reading that, it would appear that you have Oxford's performance in the PO finals nailed. What would you want the players to say to alter your view?

From reading that, it would appear that you have Oxford's performance in the PO finals nailed. What would you want the players to say to alter your view?

Do you not like listening to managers or players on the radio after a match ? I always find it interesting - and often fascinating - what they have to say. I think most fans do.

Back
Top Bottom