General Time one of our bigger names spoke out

Do you not like listening to managers or players on the radio after a match ? I always find it interesting - and often fascinating - what they have to say. I think most fans do.
The manager is different. I thought we were talking about the players who tend to roll out the same old cliches after matches.

I’m furious too! I can’t believe I haven’t heard from one of our senior players who probably didn’t even know where Oxford was until his agent said we’d pay £x much.

To think they won’t come out and tell me how much they love Port Meadow, that we’ll be ready for next season (as they sign contracts for clubs in the Championship) and that the fans are the best in the world... until the 2021 season when they’re at Wycombe or somewhere else.

It’s a f@£king travesty. Don’t they know we pay their wages?!

Do you not like listening to managers or players on the radio after a match ? I always find it interesting - and often fascinating - what they have to say. I think most fans do.
You like listening to trained, scripted answers?

• React
Reactions: m
You can dress it up how you like but we blew that. You come through two hard fought games against a proper team like Portsmouth, you then have Wycombe exactly where you want them - on a big, expansive pitch. Concede carelessly but go on and basically dominate possession. We create clear openings but let down by poor decision making. A calamitous sequence of play from front to back gifts Wycombe their only real chance of the game from open play. Leads to a penalty and the rest is history ...

Trust me, that is called blowing it.
To continue to be so unaccepting /disbelieving/unforgiving of a team that just for whatever reason(s) didn’t play to their potential in one game I can only assume you are implying some kind of conspiracy where the players and/or staff threw the game for some bizarre reason?

To continue to be so unaccepting /disbelieving/unforgiving of a team that just for whatever reason(s) didn’t play to their potential in one game I can only assume you are implying some kind of conspiracy where the players and/or staff threw the game for some bizarre reason?

I have no idea what you are talking about. A junior member in every sense judging by that nonsense post.

I just said we blew a game of football, hardly an earth shattering statement. I stand by that, we chucked a great chance away by committing really silly mistakes. We weren’t out footballed, we blew it. I can’t really think of a more apt description.

Love to hear from the players, but that's a whole world away from demanding they come out and proffer some sort of explanation for not winning a game of football when you yourself have set out perfectly the very reasons why we didn't win it...

I have no idea what you are talking about. A junior member in every sense judging by that nonsense post.

I just said we blew a game of football, hardly an earth shattering statement. I stand by that, we chucked a great chance away by committing really silly mistakes. We weren’t out footballed, we blew it. I can’t really think of a more apt description.
Loving the put down fella ?
We blew it. Everyone on here knows that.
But to expect some kind of explanation or rallying call?
Seems you’re alone there.

Loving the put down fella ?
We blew it. Everyone on here knows that.
But to expect some kind of explanation or rallying call?
Seems you’re alone there.

Yes, correct. And all I said was I’m surprised a week after the event that we’ve heard not a single word from either of our captains or a senior player. Again hardly controversial ! You then get ridiculous posts about them being parents and needing down time with the kids, six weeks after having had three months off with the kids !!!!

Yes, correct. And all I said was I’m surprised a week after the event that we’ve heard not a single word from either of our captains or a senior player. Again hardly controversial ! You then get ridiculous posts about them being parents and needing down time with the kids, six weeks after having had three months off with the kids !!!!
Personally I would expect that dealing with the disappointment of defeat and the manner of that defeat, and for some, reuniting with families, house moves and contract negotiations are taking their time up and the manager has spoken on their behalf.

Yes, correct. And all I said was I’m surprised a week after the event that we’ve heard not a single word from either of our captains or a senior player. Again hardly controversial !

Apologies if I’ve missed something but have we heard from one of our higher profile players yet ? All I’ve read is stuff from Sykes and Long, two players who for the majority of he season have payed supporting roles.

A week on now but where are the views of our captains, Dickie and Mousinho ? Taylor, Brannagan, Henry, Eastwood, Mackie etc.

About time one or two of those fronted up and at least gave the fans some sort of explanation or rallying call.

This is hardly an expression of surprise, this reads more as a demand.

To be fair Dickwaltons got a point, robbo keeps telling us we are all in this together, him, us, the board, the players, we’ve given up our right to the remains of our season tickets and purchased next seasons without even knowing if we will get to see a game.
One of the senior players could come out and say how it’s been for them, all I’ve seen is Marcus brown say goodby.

To be fair Dickwaltons got a point, robbo keeps telling us we are all in this together, him, us, the board, the players, we’ve given up our right to the remains of our season tickets and purchased next seasons without even knowing if we will get to see a game.
One of the senior players could come out and say how it’s been for them, all I’ve seen is Marcus brown say goodby.

At last. My point exactly. Mous has been all over TalkSPORT In recent weeks about wage caps etc and had a big say in the build up to Wembley. Mackie, well he was the talk of lockdown with his video. Surely a word, even if it is to be cliched, in the wake of Wembley for the fans is not asking too much. It’s not that we desperately need to hear from them from an information perspective because, with respect, footballers are pretty predictable in their responses but more the deafening silence from hearing virtually nothing bar Sykes, Long and a thank you from a loanee.

At last. My point exactly. Mous has been all over TalkSPORT In recent weeks about wage caps etc and had a big say in the build up to Wembley. Mackie, well he was the talk of lockdown with his video. Surely a word, even if it is to be cliched, in the wake of Wembley for the fans is not asking too much. It’s not that we desperately need to hear from them from an information perspective because, with respect, footballers are pretty predictable in their responses but more the deafening silence from hearing virtually nothing bar Sykes, Long and a thank you from a loanee.
What a strange and needy person you are. These are professional footballers, not your personal teddy bear. We lost a game, get over it. No one needs to be dragged over hot coals just because you are a sad t**t with nothing better going on in your life. What would you like them to say out of interest? Have you actually played football (or any sport for that matter) at any level in your life? Just want to check if you have any comprhension for sport?

For a side that many of us saw as relegation fodder at the start of September I think they did alright. Dont you?

Back
Top Bottom