Tiger Update

Notice Oxbible has been given a photo of Niall Mc, Bakrie and a third person said to be David Burke who is part of one of Bakrie's companies. This Bakrie chap keeps reappearing.

Delighted that one of my tweets have made it om here..... Lol

The exchanges started about potential strikers I'd like us to consider, a reply from someone suggested a) KR not been backed and b) a team rebuilding is needed. I disputed the lack of backing but suggested we could rebuild with a new manager.

Si Lenagan replied to my tweet about a new manager
So Simon, Lenagan is suggesting that there are significant issues presumably with the whole state of the club 'bigger issues'
Interesting that he seems to think that he knows more than Oxvox who did not suggest that in yesterday's update.
Thoughts Simon?

I just get the feeling something BIG is going to happen.

Is that tweet from Lenagan really helpful though? If he knows something he should just come out with it instead of posting vague insinuations.
Totally agree. All of these people ITK throwing out as you say vague insinuations.
Is he speculating after the tax bill issue or is he much closer than that (I assume that he is still close to the youth set up?)

Out of interest, what involvement does Simon Lenagan (or any other remaining Lenagans) have with OUFC?

I presumed it was none but I can understand that he probably still knows one or two people at the club.

Two Indonesian businessmen, Erick Thohir and Anindya Bakrie, are now included in the ranks of the third caste club's Premier League club, Oxford United. This is not the first time Erick Thohir has invited Indonesian businessmen to acquire a sports club. Previously, Erick Thohir had been president of the club Inter Milan. At Oxford United, Erick Thohir, will assume the position of club director. Meanwhile, Anindya Bakrie is not a foreign figure in the world of sports, especially in the national sports arena. The 44-year-old businessman was listed as the General Chair of the All Indonesian Swimming Association (PB PRSI). Also read: Erick Thohir is in the Board of Directors, Coach Oxford United is Optimistic in Looking at Promotions At Oxford United, Anin and Thohir will partner directly with other Southeast Asian entrepreneurs, Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth. The Thai businessman has also served as another Premier League club official, Reading FC. He has served as club president since February 2018.
THis article from late december says he's already on the board

Totally agree. All of these people ITK throwing out as you say vague insinuations.
Is he speculating after the tax bill issue or is he much closer than that (I assume that he is still close to the youth set up?)

I don’t get the vagueness, so many people hint at being in the know, are smug and condescending to those who are not but refuse to give even a shred of actual information. Not much point saying anything if it’s tantamount to nothing.

I don’t get the vagueness, so many people hint at being in the know, are smug and condescending to those who are not but refuse to give even a shred of actual information. Not much point saying anything if it’s tantamount to nothing.
You say that, but as soon as someone says “this is how I know this thing is true” it changes from people having a go at them for being vague to having a go at them for ‘breaking confidentiality’, even though they have no idea how confidential something was or wasn’t to begin with.

The internet.

Whilst there are many on the forum who have wildly opposing views, there is genuine and honest debate.

However there are others who throw out a little information that is vague enough to stir up interest without actually committing to anything. Unfortunately because of their arrogance it is not difficult to find out who they are and what their real issues are!!

I honestly wonder what some of you expect. I get the criticism about communication, as it is poor and needs addressing and we all want a moan when the season doesn’t get well, which clearly it isn’t.

However beyond that I struggle.
I have followed Oxford since the early 90’s and we have barely spent a fee on a player in certainly the latter half of that time, yet here we are routinely paying significant figures for players (under Eales and now Tiger) and some of you go on as if we should be shelling out £1m deals in individual players. Frankly some of you need to give your heads a wobble

Robinson has come out on countless occasions and said there is significant money in the background, he even eluded to it at the end of today’s interview when he spoke about the fans. He was at Charlton previously and went through serious ownership issues, so either you believe he is clueless and can’t spot that tiger is a chancer with no prospects or cash (which given his background at charlton you would think he might be hyper aware of) or he has seen some guarantees or enough evidence to make him believe he will get significant backing in short and long term?

The youth set up is heavily supported and doing superbly, whilst being heavily funded by the new owners, but whenever that is referenced it is never seemingly creditted to the owner?

I get the issues around HMRC, the clubs league position and the communication, we shouldn’t shy away from raising the right and difficult questions and I think Oxvox have done a decent job of doing so. My concern is the village mob mentality on here from a group of posters who seemingly never have anything positive to say, disappear when results are good, but come out demanding change when we lose.

The last few years have been overwhelmingly positive, with two promotions and a few trips to wembley, this season looks tough, but there is time to turn it around, I wish people would get behind the side and the club and see where we are at end of the season.

I think that it is entirely legitimate to express reservations as to how matters are progressing so to label as some sort of ‘village mob’ anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the view that the Thanakarnjanasuth/KR project has been an unbridled success is harsh. There will doubtless be the occasional forum member who is intent on mindless mischief with their comments but most who bother to take the time to comment are as committed OUFC supporters as the rest – they just don’t feel that the current direction of travel is good, they are genuinely worried that we could be in danger of going down and are frustrated by the absentee owner.

The problem with some of the recent exchanges on either side is that they drive a wedge between supporters who share the same common desire for the team to succeed and it has become, as you say, a situation where the result tends to determine who will be most vociferous on the forum in the following week.

The youth set up is promising great things and the signing of Whyte and hopefully Sykes too will be very positive for the future of the club but since the departure of Appleton, there hasn’t been a great deal to get excited about and whilst the hope is that the end of the season will signal a sigh of relief at staying up, it could also be an outpouring of grief and despondency at relegation. That is what is causing us to question whether all is well.

Whilst there are many on the forum who have wildly opposing views, there is genuine and honest debate.

However there are others who throw out a little information that is vague enough to stir up interest without actually committing to anything. Unfortunately because of their arrogance it is not difficult to find out who they are and what their real issues are!!

You are 100% correct and the real culprits go by the name of Oxvox Committee, so much “we know what going on but it is confidential” syndrome. A perfect example is the 5 sites within Oxford, we know where they are but unfortunately we have to keep it confidential. The real truth is that the only person who can tell the supporters the fact is Tiger. Unfortunately he has yet to prove he can walk the walk.

You are 100% correct and the real culprits go by the name of Oxvox Committee, so much “we know what going on but it is confidential” syndrome. A perfect example is the 5 sites within Oxford, we know where they are but unfortunately we have to keep it confidential. The real truth is that the only person who can tell the supporters the fact is Tiger. Unfortunately he has yet to prove he can walk the walk.

Must be nearly time for a new username.

Some of the confidential info is down to Legal matters, but I can reveal Bicester is a no go

Did you not read the email update from OxVox? If you did then I thought it was all pretty clear of why some things have to stay confidential.

This is surely a candidate for early stupid post of the year. I am not a member of Oxvox but from what I have seen on here the majority of people are happy with the statements. Let’s all tell everyone our future plans regarding any new sites so that 4 different groups of nimby types have as much time as possible to set up all their opposition to these sites.

Up until now you have flown under the radar as a "concerned fan" but unfortunately this just shows you for who you are.

What were you honestly expecting with regard to the 4 sites? You'd have to be pretty stupid to think that any property deal would be jeaposised by putting it in the public domain at this early stage. As for the other confidentialities, the minutes yesterday made clear that this was because of legal issues. Again, it is not uncommon for legal disputes to be dealt with confidentially for all parties benefit and OxVox shouldn't be expected to breach that.

Maybe you should do the same as you expect from Tiger and OxVox? Put up, or shut up!!!

I think that it is entirely legitimate to express reservations as to how matters are progressing so to label as some sort of ‘village mob’ anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the view that the Thanakarnjanasuth/KR project has been an unbridled success is harsh. There will doubtless be the occasional forum member who is intent on mindless mischief with their comments but most who bother to take the time to comment are as committed OUFC supporters as the rest – they just don’t feel that the current direction of travel is good, they are genuinely worried that we could be in danger of going down and are frustrated by the absentee owner.

The problem with some of the recent exchanges on either side is that they drive a wedge between supporters who share the same common desire for the team to succeed and it has become, as you say, a situation where the result tends to determine who will be most vociferous on the forum in the following week.

The youth set up is promising great things and the signing of Whyte and hopefully Sykes too will be very positive for the future of the club but since the departure of Appleton, there hasn’t been a great deal to get excited about and whilst the hope is that the end of the season will signal a sigh of relief at staying up, it could also be an outpouring of grief and despondency at relegation. That is what is causing us to question whether all is well.
Good post

Up until now you have flown under the radar as a "concerned fan" but unfortunately this just shows you for who you are.

What were you honestly expecting with regard to the 4 sites? You'd have to be pretty stupid to think that any property deal would be jeaposised by putting it in the public domain at this early stage. As for the other confidentialities, the minutes yesterday made clear that this was because of legal issues. Again, it is not uncommon for legal disputes to be dealt with confidentially for all parties benefit and OxVox shouldn't be expected to breach that.

Maybe you should do the same as you expect from Tiger and OxVox? Put up, or shut up!!!
I kind of agree with you. Niall somehow shot himself in the foot at the Oxvox meeting sometime ago by suggesting that the 5 sites would be revealed in a few weeks.
This hasn't helped. Like you confidentiality in these matters would be expected in the early stages.

Back
Top Bottom