Chairman Tiger too late ....again?

I really don't see how they can successfully trademark the word 'Oxford', so I don't think this would prevent anyone leveraging the city for marketing purposes.

How in the world would you trademark the name of a city? Would be like trademarking the name "Sarge"*. Just baffling!

*By the way, I registered the name Sarge with the patent office just now so I'm afraid you'll have to change your user name...sorry!

I think there is too much panicking by the OUP and Universities over Brexit, in any case the trademark application should have been submitted and paid by the Universities for the benefit of all Oxford stationed Businesses, Clubs, Charities, services etc. etc. not just for their own insecurities. After all its not like they're short of a quid.

How in the world would you trademark the name of a city? Would be like trademarking the name "Sarge"*. Just baffling!

*By the way, I registered the name Sarge with the patent office just now so I'm afraid you'll have to change your user name...sorry!
Born with it ....so tis mine:cool:

Tigers grasp of time does him no favours whatsoever, the 'oxford 'brand is already taken apparently....OUP on behalf of Oxford university are in the process of trademarking 'oxford '......it's an on going story, latest update in today's OM ......https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/17389084.city-residents-concerned-by-oups-trademark-bid-of-oxford/
They are only trademarking it for particular purposes, AFAIK it doesn't include anything sporting.
And indeed, technically they already have it under European law, they are just preparing for Brexit by getting it under UK law.

Back
Top Bottom