Tiger & the slum landlord

I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "now", the council have been giving out sound bites for years.
Wasn't there a meeting held possibly last year with county and city councillors present at the Masons Arms, they were asked numerous questions about relocation and it always come back to staying at the stadium as there were NO alternative sites for OUFC, now what's changed now Bob has left or is it just more rhetoric to keep the masses happy.
I think it was Methven who commented that Bob Price was no friend of OUFC, for all the rhetoric and bluster from him to the contrary.

Perhaps even the prospect of a larger cheque for pet projects would change the mindset.

I think it was Methven who commented that Bob Price was no friend of OUFC, for all the rhetoric and bluster from him to the contrary.

Perhaps even the prospect of a larger cheque for pet projects would change the mindset.
Was that the same methven who was chucked under the bus at the meeting by one of the counsellors, after he thought they were singing off the same hymn sheet, even Sennate got a mauling when he suggested an alternative site that was viable, funny thing politics, as you say sometimes driven over different ideas

Last edited:
Talking of the Priory, it must be 9 months since the Oxvox meeting where Bob Price said the council were deciding what action to take against FK. Any news on this or are they still adopting the "hide behind the sofa and hope it goes away" approach?

Bob Price wasnt a fan of local sports, he was a fan of the publicity from holding a scarf up.

The Councils love a good soundbite. I prefer action meself but there we go...

Was that the same methven who was chucked under the bus at the meeting by one of the counsellors, after he thought they were singing off the same hymn sheet, even Sennate got a mauling when he suggested an alternative site that was viable, funny thing politics, as you say sometimes driven over different ideas
One and the same. Perhaps his point of no return with a takeover.

To be honest and It grinds me to say it. I think Chaz was right.

Yes it would appear so I seem to remember the last time the university looked after our pitch it was in terrible condition. No disrespect to them but I think it was used as a part time project for trainee groundsmen.

I think that if one looks at the history of the pitch that the University took on board last time, they took over a surface that had not been summer renovated correctly for many years and after their first year actually won an award https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/8262933.U_s_groundstaff_honoured/
Again I believe they are coming in on the back of poor summer maintenance or upkeep (hence the Greenfields sudden exit) and from what I hear they have their best staff working as they did in 2010.

I think that if one looks at the history of the pitch that the University took on board last time, they took over a surface that had not been summer renovated correctly for many years and after their first year actually won an award https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/8262933.U_s_groundstaff_honoured/
Again I believe they are coming in on the back of poor summer maintenance or upkeep (hence the Greenfields sudden exit) and from what I hear they have their best staff working as they did in 2010.
I cant and won’t say too much because I have friends of friends directly involved, but from what I gather, the situation isn’t ideal at the moment. I think people are doing their best with what they have available, it doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to decipher where the complications lie.

Well, nearly 7 weeks on from the forum and nothing on the locations/plans or additional announcements.

Well, nearly 7 weeks on from the forum and nothing on the locations/plans or additional announcements.
Yes these things tend to go very quiet.
The MD does tend to spend a lot of time telling you how honest he is and how he tells it as it is and won't tell you anything but the truth.
I did expect more communication in the past 3 weeks than we are looking at 5 sites (which was actually said in the fans forum)
I am not sure whether we know anything more?

I’ve said on another thread that I don’t want to be too critical as I understand the clubs frustrations, but several weeks on and I’m still trying to make sense of the clubs stance at that FF. It was very confrontational, I have to say I expected something more substantial to back it up by now. Hopefully there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.

As said previously 1 of the problems of social media is everyone wants to know everything immediately. I would rather wait until there is something concrete than alert 5 sets of nimby’s to our plans. We all would like to know but I am prepared to be patient until the right time which is why I am not posting much on here at present.

As said previously 1 of the problems of social media is everyone wants to know everything immediately. I would rather wait until there is something concrete than alert 5 sets of nimby’s to our plans. We all would like to know but I am prepared to be patient until the right time which is why I am not posting much on here at present.
I agree.
I think that the point being made is that a lot more was due to be revealed around 4 weeks after the FF.
People at the club appear at times to set themselves up a little

Open note to the top table at oufc ... don't announce time parameters for 'news ' or 'actions ' if it's not pretty damn certain that you're going to deliver on them. If oufcs own time limits arent kept to any wonder that supporters call oufc out about them. Rightly so too imo

I agree.
I think that the point being made is that a lot more was due to be revealed around 4 weeks after the FF.
People at the club appear at times to set themselves up a little
Probably not happened yet due to Eric Thohir himself coming in though as opposed to his representative which was communicated via radio Oxford after the Shrewsbury game.

Probably not happened yet due to Eric Thohir himself coming in though as opposed to his representative which was communicated via radio Oxford after the Shrewsbury game.
To be fair I think that was a little bit of supposition on Jeromes part. He said something along the lines of ‘I believe..’ Everones a bit in the dark at present.

And now someone has posted about another late payment issue on another thread which, if true, doesn’t help the situation much.

The Oxford University Sport people have not according to their boss on Twitter, had their monthly contract extended, so last game for them tonight. Don't believe its anything to do with quality of the pitch they have dished up, looked ok to me, but maybe cost to the StadCo as I am sure there are cheaper grass cutters out there. Always an eye for saving money those Firoka chaps, and the blame game about the whole pitch installation and maintenance will kick off soon no doubt, so perhaps Uni boys best out of it!

My understanding is that the pitch when it was relaid was not to the highest standards and problems are beginning to show up. To lay a pitch to the standard of the Wycombe pitch for example, which is gold standard apparently would cost £700k and I don't think whoever paid for it paid that. The OU guy suggested at oxvox meeting the club get hold of the spec for the relaying. Apparently no worm blanket is in place either. I'll try and post a link on how a Wycombe type pitch is laid.

Back
Top Bottom