Tiger & the slum landlord

It seems he is not willing to pay for anything now and is just looking to run the place into the ground and force our hand.

Yes it would appear so I seem to remember the last time the university looked after our pitch it was in terrible condition. No disrespect to them but I think it was used as a part time project for trainee groundsmen.

I’d love it if we found land elsewhere and built a new stadium, then for the council to say that the Kassam stadium had to be used for recreational usage only e.g. not housing development so that he was left with a worthless white elephant. Now wouldn't that be karma!

Genuine question: What else did you expect to be said in such a statement from any of the particular parties involved?

If I told you that OCC were going to make a compulsory purchase order for the Grenoble Road site to develop it into a multi-use sporting venue that we are all proud to be associated with, does that clear things up.........

I hope the residents of Clifton Hampden are getting nervous as there is a perfect field between JET and village for the job.
Ger or my laaaaaaaaaaand.

How would they cope with those football yobbos and ruffians? Almost worth doing for a laugh

If I told you that OCC were going to make a compulsory purchase order for the Grenoble Road site to develop it into a multi-use sporting venue that we are all proud to be associated with, does that clear things up.........

I would say that Kassams lawyers would drag it through court for years, or more likely the council would s**t itself at the expensive law firm it was up against and give him Permission to build another hotel in the car park.

I would say that Kassams lawyers would drag it through court for years, or more likely the council would s**t itself at the expensive law firm it was up against and give him Permission to build another hotel in the car park.
andallow him to demolish the grade 11 listed priory and build an extention to his hampton :eek:

Whilst today's announcement can be seen as a bit of a nothing statement, it's encouraging that the council are now working with the club than pretending they didn't exist like they did when we were in the conference. With the council on board it could hopefully mean that when a site is identified, that the process of planning permission could be fast tracked.

It seems he is not willing to pay for anything now and is just looking to run the place into the ground and force our hand.

Oh he's willing to pay for things.

Top lawyers being an example!

Whilst today's announcement can be seen as a bit of a nothing statement, it's encouraging that the council are now working with the club than pretending they didn't exist like they did when we were in the conference. With the council on board it could hopefully mean that when a site is identified, that the process of planning permission could be fast tracked.
I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "now", the council have been giving out sound bites for years.
Wasn't there a meeting held possibly last year with county and city councillors present at the Masons Arms, they were asked numerous questions about relocation and it always come back to staying at the stadium as there were NO alternative sites for OUFC, now what's changed now Bob has left or is it just more rhetoric to keep the masses happy.

FFS how many legal issues is the stadium facing? Having read the OM report this bit was interesting:-

Greenfields had been employed by the stadium company, who are responsible for the upkeep of the pitch under the terms of their agreement with Oxford United.
But Michael Doyle, general manager of the Kassam Stadium, said they were unable to comment on the change due to ongoing legal issues, with Greenfields stating they were also not in a position to say anything.

It’s good to know that the club is not alone when stadium issues end up on the legal route.
Maybe a legacy from our previous owner..

Back
Top Bottom