Chairman Tiger on todays Rad ox 5 min Fans forum

I don't think it's too difficult to assume that Erick will be more active from April as opposed to joining the board then.

Let's not get too stressed by the wording on this when there are far more important things to worry about!

That's B*****s. By definition, a director is on the board!

Perhaps they are talking about exec vs non-exec directors? Or perhaps as thohir is involved in elections he might have to step aside from voting in any other decisions ? Or Politically Exposed Person perhaps ?

Did you ever find out who Knightsbridge was ?

Anyway just trying to suggest some ideas.

I don't think you'd be able to get a proper, insightful interview from Tiger until a translator is brought in. His English is good, but a lot of the time the nuance of certain questions are lost, and aren't answered with the eloquence required.

I don't think it's too difficult to assume that Erick will be more active from April as opposed to joining the board then.

Let's not get too stressed by the wording on this when there are far more important things to worry about!

I imagine he literally meant “joining the board”. In the same room.

Perhaps they are talking about exec vs non-exec directors? Or perhaps as thohir is involved in elections he might have to step aside from voting in any other decisions ? Or Politically Exposed Person perhaps ?

I'm a director of my small limited company and, as I understand it, I make up the board of directors by being the sole director, but anybody else I sign up as a director automatically joins the board. I certainly am the only member who has to approve dividend payments etc.

Having listened to Tiger's interview I suspect he means that Thoir is already a director of OUFC but will become active and available after April's elections are out of the way.

Last edited:
Recruitment team ?.

What does tiger and Niall know about recruitment? KR/SD/Faz atleast jave contacts.

Who aside from Thomas is doing anything beyond that?

Tiger and Niall would be on that list just for the financial approval side of things, I would expect?

It is possible he is playing the "role" of a director but is not officially registered on companies house(where he would be on the Board of Directors ).
Unusual situation but it does happen.

I don't know but are there any legal restrictions (football governing) delaying himfrom being able to be listed?

Edit: sorry hadn't read the remaing posts. ??

Last edited:
How isThanakarnjanasuth going to finance his ambition to rise up through the leagues?

How much debt does he plan to leave the club with when he sells up?

Tiger and Niall would be on that list just for the financial approval side of things, I would expect?

Niall doesn’t appear to have any ability to make financial decisions solely. KR has referenced more than once that deals have happened due to tiger being available to give the nod.

Compare us to many in the league and our analytics/recruitment is horribly lacking for a club that has set an agenda of using player trading

Yep, I think it's just a language issue rather than any attempt to mislead.

And, no, I've not established who Knightsbridge Asia are. I was hoping @OxVox might be able to throw some light on that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06yr90t

Tiger’s gobbledygook can be heard just after the 1 hour 47 minutes mark.

Btw, “we will stay up” was repeated 3 times by Tiger. That’s a big relief. We are staying up.

Well I suppose he can’t really say anything else? I actually fancy us to (obviously could be wrong) so he is not alone in that. As for next season if we carry on like we have though it will be another relegation battle, eventually you go down if you fight enough of them.

These 5 minutes things are a bit pointless really, you are never going to get what is really going on from them.

I appreciate it was crap Skype line, and English is a second language, but I felt Tiger seemed irritated by having to answer questions. "Next Question" he said abruptly at one point. Was it just me, or did others get the same vibe?

I didn't get the impression he was irritated. Although I could understand he getting so with the Ivo P question which had nothing to do with him.

Recruitment team ?.

What does tiger and Niall know about recruitment? KR/SD/Faz atleast jave contacts.

Who aside from Thomas is doing anything beyond that?

Tbf, he did talk about a lot more scouting etc etc so I'd assume they'd discuss that which will mean Thomas will be key. Tiger and Niall will need to be there as NMcW will likely do the negotiations and Tiger will need to ok the money (based on what has happened so far).

At least they finally seem to have a recruitment structure which they didn't seem to last summer.

Back
Top Bottom