Chairman tiger on HMRC -OM report

Myles did tell us this back in October 2017. What is extremely unclear is what Tiger wants with the club, and if he is in it just for a financial return, how he is aiming to get it.

Using the club as a lever to get land on the cheap and build properties/sports complex, but like the Kassam model the club will not see any of it. Well that’s my guess.

DE sold us to the person that would give him the most money back. I.e. pay for the club, agree to the player asset (whereby money for players who were signed under DE time goes to DE).
Not the person who would be best for the club.

I agree with the comments about Tiger stepping aside. It’s costing more than he thought and it looks like there’s little mileage in a new stadium or cash to be made on the existing dump.

Can we have news please and not historic data!!

Ran in to an acquintance (who is a Plastics shareholder) earlier. He said while tiger is a nice bloke hes a bit of a fantasist and that there was a lot of speculation when tiger was at reading, that it was his sister who holds the purse strings to 'his 'money, .and she doesn't open the purse on demand, as she has the final say ,as in approves ,any outgoings.... if there is any truth in that, it could point to an explanation of sorts for late payments to hmrc ?

Can you explain what this means, or have I missed something?

I think Darryl initially got pissed off with OxVox seemly getting to a stage where they potentially found a solution to purchase the stadium which Darryl was initially asked if he wanted to be part of, but didn’t think it was a priority. And the flag gate saga when it appeared whatever he did (in his eyes) for the club it still wasn’t good enough. So this coupled with a few personal issues he thought f**k this I’m off and st the same time thought I’m looking out for myself.

Unbeknown to him, he would always look out for himself, but when he first came in and gained the effection of the fans etc he probably thought differently e.g. in favour of the club, but with these things and others e.g. Kassam (service issues) he decided to jump ship on his terms! Two faced bastard.

Ran in to an acquintance (who is a Plastics shareholder) earlier. He said while tiger is a nice bloke hes a bit of a fantasist and that there was a lot of speculation when tiger was at reading, that it was his sister who holds the purse strings to 'his 'money, .and she doesn't open the purse on demand, as she has the final say ,as in approves ,any outgoings.... if there is any truth in that, it could point to an explanation of sorts for late payments to hmrc ?

Charlie alluded to that!

Stepping aside for whom though? Thohir and co. with the financial clout having laid the groundwork, or selling on to someone else?

Who knows certainly not me, I’m not itk. But it was Tiger who said it. Maybe there should be a fans forum.

What about NM, what (apart from a wage) does he get to gain from this shambles. He came here with a good reputation, you would think he’s the person in the know on tigers club finances and would have jumped ship.
Apart from saying ‘ I’ll get back to you on that’ he seems to be wandering around clueless.

Interestingly not a peep on RO while I was listening on my way to work this morning. Im a bit surprised at that, it’s quite a significant milestone in the clubs history and, as the OM article shows,there’s plenty that they could get their teeth into. Even a fans phone-in, letting people air the grievances would have been a good idea. I do have to wonder if they’ve got a little bit too cosy with the current regime.

Interestingly not a peep on RO while I was listening on my way to work this morning. Im a bit surprised at that, it’s quite a significant milestone in the clubs history and, as the OM article shows,there’s plenty that they could get their teeth into. Even a fans phone-in, letting people air the grievances would have been a good idea. I do have to wonder if they’ve got a little bit too cosy with the current regime.

Do you know it feels eerie, I get the feeling as mentioned before any dissent and we are told to Shhhh :censored: you got all the Media outlets telling the fan base to temper your voices, the Manager still backing the Chairman even though it is obvious he's doing more than the job spec, and the fact he's cocky enough to say he will not be sacked if we get relegated.

It's like relax they are minted but please do not upset them!

It's like something from Wallice & Grommit : The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
That must be a fu*cking big carrot behind the scenes!

Last edited:
Yes, good report in the Oxford Mail. The following paragraph hits the nail on the head:

While there have been areas of progress, it has been a period remembered for vague promises, winding-up petitions and too few victories. It is a toxic concoction which has given rise to the feeling of a club drifting away from its fanbase, almost unrecognisable from the upwardly mobile outfit from just a couple of years ago.

So yesterday I was getting concerned about the apparent censorship of views around OUFC. It seemed the local media was being 'got at', but it's now apparent that the Oxford Mail, at least, is maintaining its independence.

There was also a suggestion that a poster on here was 'warned' not to be too negative on the forum as the club read posts. Seems this was harmless advice rather than any sort of gagging attempt. Happy to put that right.

So two censorship issues at least partially resolved, but we still await the minutes from the OxVox committee meeting of Tuesday night (I think it was). Hopefully those minutes will expose any attempt by OUFC to stop committee members commenting freely, or confirm there was no such attempt.
Oxvox committee met on Wednesday evening @Pete Burrett ;)

Respect to the Oxford Mail for putting this out there now.

Am I the only one that felt sick to the pit of my stomach reading the KR interview ("it's amazing talking about new grounds, stadiums and changing mentality")? I've felt for the last few weeks that the club is in some sort of tailspin nightmare, and we're constantly being told to wait, and that all will come good because we've good solid people around us, and that Kr and Tiger are doing a good job, and learning from a few things they've not quite got right.

Well, we had an atrocious summer transfer window, were promised a recovery transfer window in January, four winding up orders.

But still Kr and Tiger tell us not to worry?

I think I've got this wrong, but have we won something like ten league games in a year under Kr?

I just can't figure any of this out anymore.

Respect to the Oxford Mail for putting this out there now.

Am I the only one that felt sick to the pit of my stomach reading the KR interview ("it's amazing talking about new grounds, stadiums and changing mentality")? I've felt for the last few weeks that the club is in some sort of tailspin nightmare, and we're constantly being told to wait, and that all will come good because we've good solid people around us, and that Kr and Tiger are doing a good job, and learning from a few things they've not quite got right.

Well, we had an atrocious summer transfer window, were promised a recovery transfer window in January, four winding up orders.

But still Kr and Tiger tell us not to worry?

I think I've got this wrong, but have we won something like ten league games in a year under Kr?

I just can't figure any of this out anymore.

I'll just add to that that Kr is in a massively difficult situation I'm sure, and is doing what he can to keep things going as best he can, and keep his job. As the Ox Mail says, other chairman would've got rid by now. Not easy, and the blame defo starts at the top (tiger).

I thought it was a well written article. After Natham’s comment about the fans should not dare to raise their voices. It has been well documented that Dave Pritchard from the Mail often shares a car on away trips with the Radio Oxford team. Interesting that he is prepared to come clean, while the other local media steer away from upsetting the powers that be. Hats off to him anyway, The Swindon Advertiser were banned from the County Ground for years for daring to raise concerns.

Back
Top Bottom