Chairman tiger on HMRC -OM report

I just can't work out his motivations for buying the club?
He must have had some money at the beginning to purchase it. Why risk it all in a venture you know you can not fund?
If we're relegated then surely the value of the club goes down and Tiger loses on that original investment.
Is there an alternative motive? Can Tiger make money out of a club with no assists, whist not having success on the field?
Maybe worst case scenario is that Tiger's linked in some way to Kassam to further his ambitions with the site at Grenoble Road?
Who knows. Whatever his plan is, it looks less football oriented by the month.

Thanks for the update Tiger!! Least it’s more honest than normal.

You’re welcome!

Also forgot to add that the ‘plan’ is to replicate the Southend model of HMRC late payments, until it becomes so normal nobody bats an eye anymore.

We know that players are getting paid, and that despite suggestions to the contrary, there is no evidence that other supplies are not being paid. Kassam may well be milking us for everything he can, but as it appears that the arbitration has been concluded, it also looks like he's getting a few quid. We've paid a few for Sykes, and Nelson seems to be going nowhere. So I'm not so sure that we are entirely potless, but even my usual optimism is being stretched with the incompetence when it comes to paying the tax man.

Maybe it is a cultural issue, maybe it needs a shake up in how money is transferred in to the UK, maybe it is a case of blagging it from one month to the next and desperately waiting for hand outs from rich friends? Something is wrong, and if it is as simple as paying a couple of days early instead of a couple of days late then surely someone must be able to bang a few heads together to get this sorted?

Strangely, my one comfort in this is Robinson. He was very vocal about the owners at Charlton and is not shy about blaming others when it comes to negative performances etc. He has taken flak about the recruitment campaigns and knows that his reputation in the game depends on keeping the club up. Yet he has never once tried to throw Tiger under the bus or criticise the lack of financial support. He has fronted up time and time again to deflect issues behind the scenes, and has often got his best results when things have been at their hardest. You would have to think then that something, anything, is happening behind the scenes to give him confidence? That might be of small comfort, but right now I'll take whatever comfort I can from this.

The comment about local companies not being paid is at least partly true. I know of at least 2 business / companies where the payment method provided has pinged when monies were requested.

The comment about local companies not being paid is at least partly true. I know of at least 2 business / companies where the payment method provided has pinged when monies were requested.
But paid since! Do you know of any that still have debts outstanding?

I just can't work out his motivations for buying the club?
He must have had some money at the beginning to purchase it. Why risk it all in a venture you know you can not fund?
If we're relegated then surely the value of the club goes down and Tiger loses on that original investment.
Is there an alternative motive? Can Tiger make money out of a club with no assists, whist not having success on the field?
Maybe worst case scenario is that Tiger's linked in some way to Kassam to further his ambitions with the site at Grenoble Road?
Who knows. Whatever his plan is, it looks less football oriented by the month.

I’ve heard he (Tiger) keeps enquiring about the land at the school (Peers I think) at the back end of the overflow carpark, but not sure of it’s consequences?

We know that players are getting paid, and that despite suggestions to the contrary, there is no evidence that other supplies are not being paid. Kassam may well be milking us for everything he can, but as it appears that the arbitration has been concluded, it also looks like he's getting a few quid. We've paid a few for Sykes, and Nelson seems to be going nowhere. So I'm not so sure that we are entirely potless, but even my usual optimism is being stretched with the incompetence when it comes to paying the tax man.

Maybe it is a cultural issue, maybe it needs a shake up in how money is transferred in to the UK, maybe it is a case of blagging it from one month to the next and desperately waiting for hand outs from rich friends? Something is wrong, and if it is as simple as paying a couple of days early instead of a couple of days late then surely someone must be able to bang a few heads together to get this sorted?

Strangely, my one comfort in this is Robinson. He was very vocal about the owners at Charlton and is not shy about blaming others when it comes to negative performances etc. He has taken flak about the recruitment campaigns and knows that his reputation in the game depends on keeping the club up. Yet he has never once tried to throw Tiger under the bus or criticise the lack of financial support. He has fronted up time and time again to deflect issues behind the scenes, and has often got his best results when things have been at their hardest. You would have to think then that something, anything, is happening behind the scenes to give him confidence? That might be of small comfort, but right now I'll take whatever comfort I can from this.

May be Robinson is keeping on side with Tiger in the hope that one of the other directors really gets involved financially which is probably the carrot Tiger dangles in front of him.

And to save face e.g. not out of the frying pan into the fire ( Charlton/Oxford). Could be rather embarrassing.

I’ve heard he (Tiger) keeps enquiring about the land at the school (Peers I think) at the back end of the overflow carpark, but not sure of it’s consequences?

Interesting. Just had a look on google earth, sadly it's not big enough for a football stadium

I was under the impression that Thohir was an investor and had a small share in the club. What has he actually done for the club? If tigers stuck why don't he ask him for some cash and in return a bigger share in the club. I may however be completely wrong and he may not have a share .

2 things. Firstly, we don't know who has invested what in the OUFC Singapore vehicle and how that operates. We also don't know the status of the DE/OUFC bank account and what is left in it and whether OUFC have withdrawn money from it.

Secondly, the continued good cup runs has likely kept the clubs cash flow afloat and relatively solvent for day to day stuff (not the big bills).

This whole thing feels like watching a film with half the plot missing and you're desperately trying to make sense of the storyline but are told it will all be fine in the end.

2 things. Firstly, we don't know who has invested what in the OUFC Singapore vehicle and how that operates. We also don't know the status of the DE/OUFC bank account and what is left in it and whether OUFC have withdrawn money from it.

Secondly, the continued good cup runs has likely kept the clubs cash flow afloat and relatively solvent for day to day stuff (not the big bills).

This whole thing feels like watching a film with half the plot missing and you're desperately trying to make sense of the storyline but are told it will all be fine in the end.

Like Lost?

The off-field stuff is undoubtedly worrying* but what I can't seem to reconcile in my own mind is, where if Tiger is as skint as people seem to think he is, is he getting the money from to pay the bills at the training ground and to fund the u18s and u23s?

*will we actually give a f**k *when* we splash out 2 fancy new strikers next week?

I've wondered several times whether Tiger bought the club as a middleman for someone who was concerned that DE either wouldn't sell to them or would screw them over on the price. That's the trouble with not being ITK - speculation runs riot!

It is quite a change to hear that the arbitration has concluded, did Tiger realise in the last 6 months it was best to work with Firoz. But he is being very careful what he says.

Back
Top Bottom