Chairman tiger on HMRC -OM report

The latest bill and subsequent debt will be all to do with Kassam.. long story short, we’ve pissed him off massively the last X amount of months so he’s going through all the contract to pick out anything that’ll hurt Oufc.

Sadly, the wankers who signed us up to this contract are ultimately then ones to blame as kassam is sticking to the words in the contract.

The latest bill and subsequent debt will be all to do with Kassam.. long story short, we’ve pissed him off massively the last X amount of months so he’s going through all the contract to pick out anything that’ll hurt Oufc.

Sadly, the wankers who signed us up to this contract are ultimately then ones to blame as kassam is sticking to the words in the contract.
Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a monthly occurance. We're skint by sounds of it.

Yep I wonder 2 the accountent that phoned into Rad Oxford thought we had only paid NOV Bill so still sounds like outstanding payment ?. Just wonder if there is any Money for transfer fees. Maybe just more loans not good.

Yep I wonder 2 the accountent that phoned into Rad Oxford thought we had only paid NOV Bill so still sounds like outstanding payment ?. Just wonder if there is any Money for transfer fees. Maybe just more loans not good.
Can we have anymore loans?

What's the cap?

It is extraordinary that an employer/business owner does not understand PAYE and the HMRC procedures. Alternatively, given that Tiger is not from this country, it is just as extraordinary that his appointed finance director and managing director have not advised him of the club's obligations.
To then stand before the press and state that because he had made "arrangements" with HMRC, none of this should have happened is just borderline insanity.
As two accountants explained on Radox, this happens every month. You have to have sufficient funds in the bank. You ought to have contingency funding for the "unexpected" and, you ought to let someone who knows what they are doing run things for you. (like a finance director and managing director perhaps?)

Just amazing how P**s wet weak that interview was - Tiger kept saying about the training ground, not even in response to anything. Bizarre.

We are blatantly absolutely brassic. The fact some people are still in denial about this is staggering.

The interview was terrifying. Just horrific.

Please Tiger, youve had your fun, now time to let someone with more than just moths in their wallet have a go.

But does tiger need Oufc for a little longer.. is his own personal business finished? Has his mission been complete.

Personally i would love to know how much of what tiger goes on about is on the [emoji3581]

Yep. *^ another one happening very soon.. shambles
Well, if the one we have just paid was for November, the December payment is due by the 22nd January (gov website) so not until Tuesday, so we haven't missed it.... yet.

If we are so skint, then why are we paying fees for players. Who’s funded the Training ground, and what are the billionaires doing here. Surely if their only here in advisory positions, why would they allow these HMRC circumstances to reappear.

Nothing makes any sense at the moment, and just wish the people who conduct these interviews pressed more for answers.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/15820202.oxford-united-closing-in-on-new-training-ground/

The training ground complex is a £4.9m build project funded by BMW according to this OM report.

Tiger said it is 90% complete - work started in earnest last March.

Why is it costing the club ? We must have asked for significant additional facilities for it to
have screwed our cashflow so badly since last summer.

Nothing seems to make a lot of sense.

Agree, a lot of conflicting information out there.

According to Bob Price, the training ground is "designed to be suited to Oxford United in whatever way the club wants."

So, do we have a fully funded training ground customized to the club's needs or not?

If not, how did we get into a situation where the club now has to invest money to improve an asset it doesn't even own?

I’m baffled as to why some fans think that there is money within the club as Tiger’s actions and latest comments would appear he bounces (sorry nothing to do with Tigger or cheques) from one none payment scenario to another.

Additionally, I’ve heard for example that certain suppliers/contractors working at the training ground haven’t been paid and refuse to do further works unless they’re paid in advance. And lots of basic works e.g pitch maintenance etc at the training ground isn’t being done because there are not funds available. Obviously I hope this isn’t true, but like others are saying, why are we having to find monies for this project if it was funded by the council and we don’t own it? So my conclusion is, that there isn’t any money at the club or should I say it appears that Tiger hasn’t got readily available funds. Just hope that I’m wrong and others are right I guess.

Last edited:
If we are so skint, then why are we paying fees for players. Who’s funded the Training ground, and what are the billionaires doing here. Surely if their only here in advisory positions, why would they allow these HMRC circumstances to reappear.

Nothing makes any sense at the moment, and just wish the people who conduct these interviews pressed more for answers.

In answer to your questions, I’d say that the billionaires are not contributing financially, and that there are very limited funds available via Tiger e.g. barely enough to see us through one month at a time, but definitely not enough to see us challenging for promotion which he spouted out even though we’re in a relegation battle. I’d even go as far to say that we seem to have less funds now than when Darryl was in charge and had put the club up for sale because he didn’t have enough funds to sustain league 1 status and definitely not promotion which was his goal, but knew he couldn’t achieve it, hence him jumping ship.

I wonder if Tiger still has fond thoughts/memories of Darryl?

By the way, he (Darryl) has a lot to answer for.

Last edited:
Really concerning interview. His poor English doesn’t help but that’s no excuse and I fear he may even use it to avoid answering the question. I do wish RadOx asked more direct, specific questions and forced him to answer them fully before moving on. The lack of understanding about tax protocols is laughable (if it wasn’t the football club I have supported for 40 years). So what? If cash flow is so tight and we are living from day to day it is really very difficult to see any funds for new players. I wanted to trust in Tiger. I’m starting to think he’s a complete charlatan with limited funds and ambitions. The early days of DE’s energy, enthusiasm, engagement and clarity seem a very long time ago. Not looking forward to the journey ahead. Great win yesterday ?

The other thing I’ve just thought of, if these unforeseen bills that have recently only come to light have caused financial issues, then why was our dealings in last summers transfer window so abysmal? Again, tends to back the theory that there was/is very very limited monies available, if any.

Just listened to the interview and I think it’s pretty obvious there’s no money (as many predicted right from purchase).

He’s effectively robbing Peter to pay Paul all over the show and near enough says it when Jerome says the PAYE is an expected cost to be paid and Tiger responds that we needed to pay other training ground costs (that were unexpected).

The unexpected training ground costs is nothing more than a red herring now imo. 90% completed construction projects very rarely run into significant unexpected costs particularly as the project is in fit out stage. During civils maybe but not now.

I agree it could have done with some more pressing questions but fair play to Jerome. I think the final point he makes and Tiger responding that it won’t happen again because we have funds in Dec & Jan arriving (not sure what these are) shows that we are relying on scraps.

There is or certainly hasn’t been a plan up to this date nor has there been the money.

Just listened to the interview and I think it’s pretty obvious there’s no money (as many predicted right from purchase).

He’s effectively robbing Peter to pay Paul all over the show and near enough says it when Jerome says the PAYE is an expected cost to be paid and Tiger responds that we needed to pay other training ground costs (that were unexpected).

The unexpected training ground costs is nothing more than a red herring now imo. 90% completed construction projects very rarely run into significant unexpected costs particularly as the project is in fit out stage. During civils maybe but not now.

I agree it could have done with some more pressing questions but fair play to Jerome. I think the final point he makes and Tiger responding that it won’t happen again because we have funds in Dec & Jan arriving (not sure what these are) shows that we are relying on scraps.

There is or certainly hasn’t been a plan up to this date nor has there been the money.

Maybe his credit rating has improved and has been given more credit on his credit card, hence comment about more funds being available from January!! But when the credit card bill comes in in February, well we’ll worry about that in March or until the final demand(s)!!

Still 10 days left to flog Nelson to the highest bidder.

200k would just about see us limp to the end of the season.

Mousinho to centre back with Long as cover. Kashi defensive midfield.

It’s a balancing act now for Thanakarnjanasuth until the end of season.
Between, trying to retain League 1 status, ensuring HMRC is paid eventually, raising funds( sell Nelson if necessary) being as vague as possible, mention the training ground as often as possible, and feeding fans bullshit every now and then.

Still 10 days left to flog Nelson to the highest bidder.

200k would just about see us limp to the end of the season.

Mousinho to centre back with Long as cover. Kashi defensive midfield.

It’s a balancing act now for Thanakarnjanasuth until the end of season.
Between, trying to retain League 1 status, ensuring HMRC is paid eventually, raising funds( sell Nelson if necessary) being as vague as possible, mention the training ground as often as possible, and feeding fans bullshit every now and then.

Thanks for the update Tiger!! Least it’s more honest than normal.

Back
Top Bottom