Tiger on 5 @5.44

Care to expand..

From what I can remember:

Talked about the contract situation with Nico Jones and the squad in general. Including asked if they were looking to sell players, he said no but obviously if they got a silly offer they would consider it.

Talked about building the club all the way through (ie. Academy through to 1st team).

Talked about having a full board meeting after the game confirming everybody would be there. All subjects would be discussed.

He got asked about debt and was he loaning the funding to the club which it appears yes but only half of the shortfall based off of his comment. I was expecting him to be loaning the money anyway. He reiterated he is here for the long term.

Payment to Kassam relating to the last winding up petition (or threatened one, I lose track) will be made in the next week or so (iirc), otherwise up to date.

From what I can remember:

Talked about the contract situation with Nico Jones and the squad in general. Including asked if they were looking to sell players, he said no but obviously if they got a silly offer they would consider it.

Talked about building the club all the way through (ie. Academy through to 1st team).

Talked about having a full board meeting after the game confirming everybody would be there. All subjects would be discussed.

He got asked about debt and was he loaning the funding to the club which it appears yes but only half of the shortfall based off of his comment. I was expecting him to be loaning the money anyway. He reiterated he is here for the long term.

Payment to Kassam relating to the last winding up petition (or threatened one, I lose track) will be made in the next week or so (iirc), otherwise up to date.
One thing that slightly confused me. When asked whether Nico Jones had been offered a contract he said that he was on a scholars contract until June next year and would then be offered a professional contract on July 1st (presumably 2020) So can he not be offered a full professional contract now? If another club comes in for him before he signs a full contract would we still be able to receive a transfer fee for him? It just seems strange that a young player can break into the first team but still have to wait a year for a full contract. Unless of course, I misunderstood Tiger.

Will listen when I get back to the royal borough of Putney after a long hard day!

I hope what has been said is not bullshit

One thing that slightly confused me. When asked whether Nico Jones had been offered a contract he said that he was on a scholars contract until June next year and would then be offered a professional contract on July 1st (presumably 2020) So can he not be offered a full professional contract now? If another club comes in for him before he signs a full contract would we still be able to receive a transfer fee for him? It just seems strange that a young player can break into the first team but still have to wait a year for a full contract. Unless of course, I misunderstood Tiger.

Yes I was wondering the same thing. Can’t work if he meant 1st July 2019 or 2020.

Most honest set of answers from Tiger yet.

Let's hope this becomes more permanent with the board coming together. I genuinely think he has the clubs best interests at heart and despite earlier doubts, WUPs and the like, I'm starting to come round to his and Karl's plans. Not saying its gonna be perfect, but the parallels to Eales/MApps first season are there.

All part of the OUFC rollercoaster I guess, just give us a cracking pre-season please.

Yeah I was also confused by this. Didn’t Slavi Spasov get a professional contract whilst he was 17. Assumed you could offer a professional deal at any time once a player turns 17.
I was wondering the a me thing I suppose all will be revealed one way or the other

maybe unpopular, but I'm willing to give him another chance. KR and some of the players have turned it around so hope he can as well. clearly lots of things underestimated and got seriously wrong but I reckon he's got the passion and enthusiasm, and money has certainly been put in. as long as lessons have been learnt I think we'll have a good season and could be exciting times

maybe unpopular, but I'm willing to give him another chance. KR and some of the players have turned it around so hope he can as well. clearly lots of things underestimated and got seriously wrong but I reckon he's got the passion and enthusiasm, and money has certainly been put in. as long as lessons have been learnt I think we'll have a good season and could be exciting times
if tiger sets up :
A proper fans forum ...not a pre match 45min rush through... with all board members in attendance

and a shareholders AGM during the close season

i may change my mind about him too

Yes Sarge - we must all see the situation as set against a quite miraculous "turn around" on the playing side & I am sure that in itself is tempering peoples' attitude to Tiger (at present). He still has not told us whether it is 'his' money that has been put in to the various improvements or if it has been put in by A N Other? (Thohir?) A proper Fans Forum would also give the opportunity to ask more in depth questions about cash flow, paying bills & "the 5 sites".

Jones is a first year scholar and is due to graduate in the summer of 2020 along with a number of others, including Elechi, Spasov and Lopes. These three however have already been given pro deals up to the summer of 2021, although will technically be able to continue in the U18s, albeit also in the U23s/out on loan.
Pro deals can only be signed once a player reaches his 17th birthday, which this crop will have been doing during this season (if I remember correctly age groups are done on a year by year basis, just like schools, though sounds like the dates run from July-June to match the footie season rather than the school Sept-Aug setup.
Therefore pretty certain that Jones COULD be offered a deal before then, as long as he has reached his 17th birthday, which right now I cant be bothered to look up :)

Jones is a first year scholar and is due to graduate in the summer of 2020 along with a number of others, including Elechi, Spasov and Lopes. These three however have already been given pro deals up to the summer of 2021, although will technically be able to continue in the U18s, albeit also in the U23s/out on loan.
Pro deals can only be signed once a player reaches his 17th birthday, which this crop will have been doing during this season (if I remember correctly age groups are done on a year by year basis, just like schools, though sounds like the dates run from July-June to match the footie season rather than the school Sept-Aug setup.
Therefore pretty certain that Jones COULD be offered a deal before then, as long as he has reached his 17th birthday, which right now I cant be bothered to look up :)
Nico Jones was born on the 3 February 02 which means he turned 17 couple of months ago.
It sounds as as if a contract has been discussed. Let's hope he signs it and his agent isn't eyeing a move elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom