Tiger going??

[QUOTE="Manorlounger,

I wouldn't go guessing "in the millions" I doubt very much that Tiger has "millions" to spend.

Companies house Worth having a look.
I would be surprised if Tiger hasn't put at least £2m+ into the club.
Losses were what £1m to £1.5m pa.
The cash for the service charge dispute has been paid (some of which was from DE watch) and players have been purchased/ the U23s have been expanded significantly and there have been costs relating to the training ground.
Plus any cash he paid upfront for the club.
An awful lot of cash has gone into the club.[/QUOTE]
Unless the accounts are published in full I doubt we will ever know. However, judging by the manner in which matters have been handled of late, I still have doubts about Tiger's ability to maintain the spending required. Eales couldn't and he is a far better financier than Tiger will ever be.

I don't believe that Stewart ever put in a bid for OUFC. This seems to be a common misconception. Sartori was bidding, had that bid accepted and was in the process of due diligence when Eales pulled out of the deal, much to the surprise of everyone.

Eales pulled out of the deal because he wasn't comfortable about how much information was being leaked out about it. I find it ironic that some people on here carry on moaning about Eales never selling to Satori/Donald yet it was the same people that were part of the problem when it came to information being leaked.

Also I'm not too sure why people have a problem with the way Tiger bought the club from Eales and claim he has no money and then make out SD would be some saviour when in fact he bought Sunderland in pretty much the same way but using parachute payments.

Actually, they were not accounted for until a charge was placed against OUFC dated 21/02/2018. On this exact same date Ensco ceded control to Tiger. Thus it is clear to see that Tiger "bought" OUFC by agreeing to pay Eales all transfer income still to be received by OUFC. i.e.part financed.
It is very hard to tell whether any "cash" actually changed hands, so, it is impossible to say with any accuracy that Tiger "stumped up several million for his current stake in the club"
He may well have put cash into the club's accounts subsequently but, as we all know, insufficient to meet HMRC demands on schedule.

I wouldn't go guessing "in the millions" I doubt very much that Tiger has "millions" to spend.

Companies house Worth having a look.

The charge didn't include though Rothwell or Ledson though, iirc. Didn't it include specifically named players (Marv, Lunny etc) and the instalments that were still owed for them?

Hence it covered all known transfer income at that point but not all transfer income since.

Eales pulled out of the deal because he wasn't comfortable about how much information was being leaked out about it. I find it ironic that some people on here carry on moaning about Eales never selling to Satori/Donald yet it was the same people that were part of the problem when it came to information being leaked.

Also I'm not too sure why people have a problem with the way Tiger bought the club from Eales and claim he has no money and then make out SD would be some saviour when in fact he bought Sunderland in pretty much the same way but using parachute payments.

The ire is twofold.

DE was within his rights to sell to Tiger. I can’t blame him for taking the ‘higher’ offer. I can be grumpy about him claiming it was the ‘best deal for the club’. Be honest, chap. It was the best deal for you. Admit it. A bit of honesty and instead of anger it would be mild grumbling.

Secondly, JS is more exposed than Tiger. It doesn’t take a genius to do a quick Google search to find that JS is independently wealthy and could well call upon even bigger sums of cash should he want to. Tiger meanwhile is more enigmatic. A background character when at Reading who no one knows much about nor how much money he has. How has he made his business millions?

Even if their methods of purchase are the same, it’s easy to understand why so many fans feel that one offer appeared to provide more in the way of resources and peace of mind than the other.

Eales pulled out of the deal because he wasn't comfortable about how much information was being leaked out about it. I

Really? So not because he got an offer that he could benefit more from personally?

The ire is twofold.

DE was within his rights to sell to Tiger. I can’t blame him for taking the ‘higher’ offer. I can be grumpy about him claiming it was the ‘best deal for the club’. Be honest, chap. It was the best deal for you. Admit it. A bit of honesty and instead of anger it would be mild grumbling.

Secondly, JS is more exposed than Tiger. It doesn’t take a genius to do a quick Google search to find that JS is independently wealthy and could well call upon even bigger sums of cash should he want to. Tiger meanwhile is more enigmatic. A background character when at Reading who no one knows much about nor how much money he has. How has he made his business millions?

Even if their methods of purchase are the same, it’s easy to understand why so many fans feel that one offer appeared to provide more in the way of resources and peace of mind than the other.

Eales never said he would do the best deal possible for the club, he said after more and more information was getting leaked out about his negotiations with Satori that he didn't feel it was in the best interest of the football club to sell to Satori. That was partly due to the chino wonder and co getting involved.

Really? So not because he got an offer that he could benefit more from personally?

It will be partly down to getting the best deal for himself but why shouldn't he? The club was his to do what he wanted with, whether we like it or not. The same as it is Tigers to run how he wants, unfortunately for us, we are just customers.

I have been told today tiger will be gone by the end of the week. A reputable source.

Please don’t shoot the messenger true or not.

f**k me, you can't just open a thread for any ol' rumour you hear. Steve from Tesco's (ITK, reputable source blah blah) told me we're signing Messi. Let me head over to the players thread now..

It's also hugely ironic that DE would moan about information being leaked when his lips could hardly be described as sealed!

The ire is twofold.

Does anyone fancy starting a goth band called "Twofold Ire"?

Eales never said he would do the best deal possible for the club, he said after more and more information was getting leaked out about his negotiations with Satori that he didn't feel it was in the best interest of the football club to sell to Satori. That was partly due to the chino wonder and co getting involved.

It will be partly down to getting the best deal for himself but why shouldn't he? The club was his to do what he wanted with, whether we like it or not. The same as it is Tigers to run how he wants, unfortunately for us, we are just customers.

So money, not leaked information.

I'm not so sure Tiger has been in the better interest of the club than the Sartori deal (even if you do factor in the chinos).

I would be surprised if Tiger hasn't put at least £2m+ into the club.
Losses were what £1m to £1.5m pa.
The cash for the service charge dispute has been paid (some of which was from DE watch) and players have been purchased/ the U23s have been expanded significantly and there have been costs relating to the training ground.
Plus any cash he paid upfront for the club.
An awful lot of cash has gone into the club.
Unless the accounts are published in full I doubt we will ever know. However, judging by the manner in which matters have been handled of late, I still have doubts about Tiger's ability to maintain the spending required. Eales couldn't and he is a far better financier than Tiger will ever be.[/QUOTE]
We may not know but it isn't difficult to summise that at least £2m has gone in since Tiger has come on board.

We may not know but it isn't difficult to summise that at least £2m has gone in since Tiger has come on board.
Indeed. At least £2m has gone in because that's what Tiger put into the club as equity when he took over.

Well, that’s B*****s then because when I personally asked Darryl at the fans forum why the deal fell through with Sartori he said that he didn’t think he was a serious buyer because he hadn’t heard back from him which I ultimately found out to be a lie.

No matter how you and the ‘head in the sand gang’ want to spin it, Darryl did what was best for him and not the club.

So money, not leaked information.

I'm not so sure Tiger has been in the better interest of the club than the Sartori deal (even if you do factor in the chinos).
Was the santori deal still on the table once it was found out the WE was a figment of someone’s imagination?

I heard that Eales didn’t sell to Sartori/Donald because he couldn’t stand the third person in the group. Not sure if there is any truth to it, but it sounds plausible given the popularity of that person on this forum!
What isn’t subjective is that Eales took us in the right direction and gave us some of the best times we’ve had in a long while. Believe what you will about why he sold or had to sell, it frankly doesn’t matter now because we are where we are.

Back
Top Bottom